Ulfric Stormcloak: Racist, power hungry egomaniac, or valiant fr

• November 25, 2014 8:51 PM EST
    That would make sense I guess.
  • November 25, 2014 8:51 PM EST
    Tom, every answer I get is retarded.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 8:55 PM EST

Every answer you get is not to your liking so you call it retarded.

• November 25, 2014 8:59 PM EST
    It literally makes zero sense. Talking about throwing out books in favor of others. You cling to the Heresy like it's holy, and you throw away the historical document. Tabloids over history books. So don't give me that crap.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 9:06 PM EST

Why the fuck do you call everything you don't like tabloids? Nothing in this game is written with an all-knowing third person unbiased point of view. Everything is biased, everything is written for an agenda. History books are written to kiss Emperor's asses as much as Real Bahrenziah is written to make money.

Get that through your neanderthal skull. Then read the material, read the discussion of lore fans, and read the commentary by Bethesda. If you cut through the shit, you start to see the similarities and peice together what is most probably the truth if there is any.

• November 25, 2014 9:14 PM EST
    If you can't if a book is written in a sensationalist style for entertainment or an academic style for educational purposes then what the heck are you doing?
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 9:53 PM EST

What the heck are you saying?

• November 25, 2014 10:03 PM EST

Uh,let's get this straight:Ulfric ain't perfect.

Now he don't gotta be but there are some major flaws in what he is fighting for,instead of coming to an agreement with General T. he decides to declare war,now I don't know what this stuff going on with the death of our dear king is about,but to me Ulfric is misunderstood.

He obviously wants the freedom for "skyrim" meaning Nords should have almost a "no-rules-life" he don't care 'bout all these other races,he wants Talos worshiped,no thalmor,and the imperials gone from skyrim. 

• November 25, 2014 10:03 PM EST

I'm saying you've done the equivalent of taking a biography of Abraham Lincoln, and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer, placed them side by side, and said that each have the same merit of truth. 

You need to tell people, "Hey, judging from this book's style, it's probably a novel written to entertain the players and npcs in the game, and is fictional inside the fictional world." Instead of saying, "Why the fuck do you call everything you don't like tabloids? Nothing in this game is written with an all-knowing third person unbiased point of view. Everything is biased, everything is written for an agenda. History books are written to kiss Emperor's asses as much as Real Bahrenziah is written to make money." 

I found the part about "Neanderthal skulls" particularly classy. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 10:17 PM EST

Please quote the rest of my reply. You know, the part right after calling you a neaderthal where I promptly answer your fucking question.

Get that through your neanderthal skull. Then read the material, read the discussion of lore fans, and read the commentary by Bethesda. If you cut through the shit, you start to see the similarities and peice together what is most probably the truth if there is any.

• November 25, 2014 10:21 PM EST
    If that's what you're doing, then The Real Barenziah and the Heresy are the biggest steaming piles you should have avoided.

I certainly am. I mean dang.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 10:24 PM EST

Then tell us why they're steaming piles instead of stuffing your ears and yelling at us they're wrong.

I'll even give you a cookie if you can manage to provide a reason besides you don't like it. All I've ever heard from you is why you don't like these things to be true, with nothing to back it up.

• November 25, 2014 10:37 PM EST
    I just told you why...they're fiction. It's not that I don't like it. It's a neat idea- reenactment of cosmic events- but those books are just fiction. They were written for entertainment, not to be factual.

That's why I'm against them.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 10:40 PM EST

See, stating something doesn't mean it's so.

Why are they fiction?

• 490 posts
    November 25, 2014 10:41 PM EST
    And your evidence of this is...?
    • 285 posts
    November 25, 2014 10:48 PM EST
    Yours Tom?
    • 285 posts
    November 25, 2014 10:49 PM EST
    I know it may not be my place, but if some of the heated rhetoric could calm, that would be great.
  • November 25, 2014 10:57 PM EST
    Just look at how they're written.
  • November 25, 2014 10:58 PM EST
    Freaking look at the book. It's a novel.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 10:59 PM EST

Ahaha, Dunmer/Nords, Bretons, Imperials, Reguards, Orc, Altmer, Bosmer, Khajiit, Argonian in that order or roughly so.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 11:00 PM EST

That's it?

• 285 posts
    November 25, 2014 11:58 PM EST
    Fair enough; my order: Khajiit, Altmer, Redguard, Breton, Bosmer/Imperial, Orc, Argonian, Dunmer/Nord.
    • 1441 posts
    February 23, 2015 5:50 PM EST

So, apparently, according to one post on the Wiki, the reason the Argonians live outside is "for there own safety", which possibly means violence towards them, and that the reason the Dunmer live in a slum is A. They don't contriute and just complain, according to one Dunmer farmer, and B. Ulfric's busy with a current, and upcoming war. What do you think?

• February 23, 2015 6:13 PM EST
    I didn't know you perked Necromancy, Chris!
  • February 23, 2015 6:16 PM EST

I think he even stacked some Conjuration enchantments on top of it.