Forums » Elder Scrolls

Stormcloak Weapon Combinations

• 11 posts
    February 16, 2014 11:22 PM EST

Going to join the Stormcloaks (playing a Nord), and thought it would be fun to rise through the ranks instead of being the loner in Dwarven. So, I understand my gear to be Stormcloak Cuirass, Stormcloak Helmet, Fur Boots, and Fur Gauntlets, but I am undecided on the weapons, and was wondering what combinations have been seen about so I could be most like my comrades. Also, What would I use for weapons when I get my officer armor?

• 89 posts
    February 16, 2014 11:57 PM EST

I would use Steel, and later, Skyforge Steel. For one-handed, I would roll axe and shield or sword and shield (If you wanted to use a Windhelm guard's shield with the bear sigil instead of Steel, be my guest) . For two-handed, battleaxe. Wuuthrad would be cool too for taking down the Thalmor embassy or doing Missing in Action. Then a hunting bow. When you upgrade to Officer armor, consider swapping to Nordic weapons if you have Dragonborn. The bear motif fits nicely.

• 11 posts
    February 17, 2014 12:05 AM EST

Sorry, no DLC's, just pure vanilla. Was thinking about including this playstyle into a build where I use very basic weapons, so do you think that iron could substitute for steel, and then upgrade when an officer?