Forums » General Gaming

paarthurnax

• 43 posts
    December 9, 2013 3:39 AM EST

what are your thoughts on paarthurnax ?

do you think he deserved to die ?

• 3 posts
    December 9, 2013 4:02 AM EST

no... He was awesome... I mean, putting aside the fact that he was THE master of shouts, and learning from a dragon is pretty epic.... He was voiced by the same guy who did super mario. So I like him

• 45 posts
    December 9, 2013 8:54 AM EST

I at one time had the most evil character that I have had in any game. I still couldn't bring myself to kill Paarthurnax. He lives his entire life suffering for what he did in the past, and never looks back. I would like to see the Blades wishing him dead after talking to him and learning from him like the Dragonborn does.

• 111 posts
    December 9, 2013 10:41 AM EST

Sorry but there already an extensive and well posted thread on this issue, and you do not have to kill Paarthurnax

• 149 posts
    December 9, 2013 11:26 AM EST

I know there's another thread on this, but there's a line Paarthurnax speaks at one point that I really like:

"Zin krif horvut se suleyk."

It means "honor is fighting the lure of power." This dragon is an inspiring role model. That's why he's awesome and doesn't deserve to die.

• 74 posts
    December 16, 2013 4:26 PM EST
    I can never have a blades character 'cause I can't bring myself to do it...
    • 69 posts
    December 16, 2013 4:31 PM EST

No! i enjoyed my talk with him and also he repented and helped out the norms didn't he? why should i kill him? (besides being told to by the blades)

• 111 posts
    December 16, 2013 5:19 PM EST

A good point. It is your decision as to whether or not you decide to follow the blades instructions - talk about the tail wagging the dog!

• 111 posts
    December 16, 2013 5:44 PM EST

I agree

If anyone deserves to die it is the Blades It is long past the time when time their ignorance, arrogance, and wrong headedness be brought to an end. They failed to protect the last Dragonborn, and also dismally failed to defeat the Aldmeri. Their history involves repeated incompetence and tunnel vision. They even failed to uphold the traditions of their own beliefs. Why should the Dragonborn either listen to or trust them?

• 127 posts
    January 7, 2014 8:26 PM EST
    I did not kill him... I just stole dragon bane.
    • 194 posts
    January 7, 2014 8:51 PM EST

All I'll say is "who has Paarthurnax harmed during your gameplay"? Also, how many dragons resist the temptation of power? Compare that ratio to that of other races... And you'll see what kind of soul he is.