Forums » Elder Scrolls

What do you do with your unsaved time?

• 14 posts
    January 10, 2012 9:16 PM EST

This is my first discussion and I'm only really starting it as a response to the "i'm tired of skyrim" discussion.

Anyway, enough of my explaining!

What do you like to do for fun in Skyrim?  I'm not just talking about taking a load of skooma or moonsugar and pretending it's actually getting your character high.

I'm talking in particular about when you're totally messing around, doing things that you don't want saved in your main game (or do you even do this at all?).

For me, as I mentioned in the "tired of skyrim" thread.  I love playing it "off hours" with my friends.  We usually go into Whiterun and mess things up.  One time, we actually spent close to an hour preparing one of these sessions.  It involved using the Ritual Stone (raise all the dead around you), going to Whiterun at night, stealth killing everyone possible (including all guards) then Lightening Bolting (very similar to the sport, curling) their bodies down the path to the main gate of town, beside the blacksmith.

Then we removed all their clothes, manipulated their bodies (mostly into funny sexual positions) for laughs until morning in-game.  As the final act, we used The Ritual to raise them all up, then proceeded to use our undead Whiterun buddies to kill the rest of the towns non-essential citizens/guards before making our way all the way up to Dragonsreach and 'storming' the castle with our undead militia!  Suffice to say, the essentials' defence in the castle made quick work of our zombie friends and the Jarl bolted upstairs somewhere, but it was fun while it lasted!

Aside from that we just enjoy messing around with corpses, making them flow down rivers and waterfalls and such.  Also, when my friend brings up his laptop, we usually end up spawning a load of horses and cheese wheels.

Anyway, here are some pics for you to see the sort of things I like to do, or perhaps ideas for those who haven't done much messing around.

These two pictures were from 'orgies' (although admittedly, it looks more like a gangbang ) and sadly, we took no pictures of the "Storming of Dragonsreach" as it was just too damn funny and exciting to think of taking photos!

Edit: added another photo from 'the orgy', can't forget this one, it's the reason we started using 'Sky-rimming' as the term for simulating sex acts in the game with ragdoll physics.

This was a sacrifice (or warning) we made at the town gates.  Probably should have put someone on top of that fire in the background too right?

And finally...Nothing beats sitting in with good company, playing games like Skyrim, maybe having a nice smoke (or some smoked baliwog legs as we've called it since Shivering Isles) or drink and eating some tasty food!

Hope everyone's enjoying their mess around sessions out there!  And don't forget to tell us what you do!

• 15 posts
    January 10, 2012 9:26 PM EST
    Win. I am frenchphenom and I approve of this thread.

I tend to use my stealth character and cast fury on guards and watch them hack away at citizens :)
    • 14 posts
    January 10, 2012 10:01 PM EST

Why thank you, I only wish I'd been doing the assignment which I have due in for tomorrow morning, instead of procrastinating! But ah well...

That sounds like fun, I'm thinking of making my next character have Illusion magic as their strongest skill so I can mess about with stuff like that.  Haven't really worked on Illusion yet.

Oh and I want to emphasise to people reading; the "curling" I talked about above?

Holy crap, that is some fun shit.

I use the path starting at the market area in Whiterun that leads up to the main gate.  The way I play it is this:  Lightening Bolt works the best (plus Shock magic just looks damn cool, dual-casting Sparks makes me feel like Emperor Palpatine)

So anyway, Lightening Bolt to a corpse down to the main gate, place the first corpse in the centre (between the two fires in front of the gate, before the little bridge).  Then blast more corpses down the path as close as you can get them to the first corpse (blast them as many times as you like until they're around 5 metres away from the centre corpse, blasting them closer than that would be taking the mick!).  It works best with friends obviously because you can take turns seeing who gets it closer.  We don't really play it seriously, but it's just pretty damn funny for a while.  God I love ragdoll physics...

• 856 posts
    January 10, 2012 10:20 PM EST

Waterfall and Rapid Riding.  Riding the rapids is fun.  Dropping off a tall waterfall and surviving - even more fun.  It's amazing that if you do it right, you can drop down some of the tallest of the waterfalls and survive (without shouting).

• 12 posts
    January 10, 2012 10:45 PM EST

Well, this is pretty silly in comparison (which I guess is completely appropriate)...

But ever since I started playing elder scrolls, every once in a while I'll find myself on a huge cliff... And I wonder how long it would take me to hit bottom. :)  

(And in morrowind, with enough skill & health, I might even have survived!)

Anyways, I can't stop doing it - and hearing the different grunts is a simple pleasure.

• 708 posts
    January 10, 2012 10:57 PM EST

Spawn in about 40 Stormcloak Mages, 40 Imperial Mages and 40 Elder Dragons and watch the fun begin...

Or for people that aren't on PC going into Breezehome, stacking up some jugs/vases and going bowling with Telekinesis and the remaining Eye of the Falmer.

• January 11, 2012 12:05 AM EST

That is an awesome idea! (Bowling) Also, what skill is Telekinesis in? Haven't got that one yet.

• January 11, 2012 12:35 AM EST

As for Body Manipulation sometimes I like to try and make a sort of story out of the dead bodies, like some desperate last stand or something like that. Not much... other stuff.

• 708 posts
    January 11, 2012 1:14 AM EST

It's an Adept Alteration spell. I think I found it (Labyrinthian comes to mind) but you can buy it from the College/court wizards.

• 6 posts
    January 11, 2012 1:42 AM EST

That's a great idea... i can't believe I never thought about shooting the corpses where I want them to go instead of slowly dragging them around.... -.-

• 426 posts
    January 11, 2012 4:16 AM EST

I wish i had a pc to play this on the you have no freedom at all on the xbox to do crazy stuff like that.

• 29 posts
    January 11, 2012 4:29 AM EST

Haven't done this in Skyrim, but in Oblivion, I would head into a busy part of the Imperial City, cast Fury, and watch the mayhem.

• 426 posts
    January 11, 2012 4:32 AM EST

The only I have tried was in Riften. In the Jarls throne room I positioned myself to face the long table with all the food and tableware. Once everyone sat to enjoy their meal I Fus Ro Dah the whole room sending people, apple and fork bouncing off the walls. Great fun.

• 773 posts
    January 11, 2012 6:01 AM EST

i never cease to be amazed at the variety of experiences that people have in Skyrim 

• 426 posts
    January 11, 2012 11:20 AM EST

Lol Ive just noticed the smiley face on the last picture ive only looked at it about 6 times lol

• 297 posts
    January 11, 2012 11:31 AM EST

well i started getting creative with my unsaved time,

me and my bud often play skyrim drunk ,one playing, the other shoulder surfing (being the devil on the shoulder so to speak),Basically we started killing innocents with an argonian character charadon who became known as "the kettledrum-killer" basically after every murder we would strip the victim and place a kettle-drum or basket on the head of their corpse it was charadons calling card,hours of fun and a good laugh we were in bits as we slayed half of windhelm,

p.s if you have'nt already... try playing skyrim drunk it is a completely new experience it's hilarious how little you care for quest's and how much you love going against the game

• 14 posts
    January 11, 2012 1:07 PM EST
    Hehe, yeah, you never see many pizza eyed smileys. Well done to anyone who noticed my friend's shoes as the eyebrows. :)
    • 6 posts
    January 11, 2012 4:09 PM EST

too bad i'm under age....

• 708 posts
    January 11, 2012 4:21 PM EST

Something else fun to do in there is shield charge constantly in a circle around the table knocking people all over the place. You only end up with a bounty of 40 since it does no damage

• 29 posts
    January 11, 2012 5:09 PM EST

Fus Roh Dah the hell out of everything.  Attack a few people (maybe kill a few), be approached by a guard and tell him I'm the Thane.  A free pass for murder!

• 15 posts
    January 19, 2012 11:41 AM EST

Run into the palace of Mr. Ulfric Stormcloak Fus Ro Dah everything...and then watch my character fly around the palace as ulfric gets pissed and starts screaming at me in dragon tongue from me shouting all his dinner off the table....

• 29 posts
    April 1, 2012 1:48 AM EDT

Recently turned 21. Must try this! :D

• April 1, 2012 11:08 AM EDT
    Jumped off the College of Winterhold, then realized I had just BASE jumped in a medieval fantasy game XD
  • April 1, 2012 11:10 AM EDT
    BASE jumping off the College
  • May 4, 2012 5:56 PM EDT

Kina bored, so!

Resurrection spell!

*Huah*

Let's get some more comments