Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dungeon Diving (Vol.2)- A Guide to The Forsworn

• 38 posts
    October 21, 2012 5:12 PM EDT
    This will cover the Forsworn and their lairs... Please post all relevant data/information on the different types of Forsworn that may be encountered and their possible "allies"...
    • 21 posts
    October 21, 2012 5:34 PM EDT

Alright. Here are a few things I came up with.

1. For newbies, the second you go into Markarth for the first time, there is a black-haired man in a white shirt called Weylon. Kill him the second you get inside the city, you'll get no bounty.

2. There are Forsworn, Forsworn Looters (A little stronger, I believe), Pillagers, Archers, Shamans and Briarhearts to my knowledge. For stealth, a Briarheart can be pickpocketed for his "Briar Heart" which is an instant kill. Forsworn usually dual-wield, I don't think 2H Forsworn exist. 

3. When heading into battle with the Forsworn, be prepared to have blocks broken and be swiftly attacked. Prepare accordingly.

4. Forsworn mages summon atronachs. I know they summon Frost or Fire, but I've never seen them summon Storm. 

5. Absorb Health is a good option for weaponry. If you have Extra Effect and dual-wield, put Absorb Health on both and choose one weapon for magicka damage and the other for stamina damage.

6. Forsworn weapons are good at low levels, don't go attacking them until you've built a solid strategy 

7. When ambushed by Forsworn at a low level, if you are a Werewolf or a Vampire Lord, transform.

8. For mages, you should keep a Frost Atronach summon handy. 

9. Flesh up. 

10. Shouting is your friend. More specifically, Marked for Death, Drain Vitality, and Unrelenting Force.

11. Having a follower that can take some punishment is a good idea.

12. Always prepare for a strange assault. Sometimes the structure is going upwards, sometimes you'll be hitting a cave complex. 

13. If you're using Restoration, Regeneration is a good idea to have beforehand.  

• 38 posts
    October 21, 2012 7:07 PM EDT
    NOTE: Briarhearts are the toughest, with the exception of the Madmen (you meet them if you get sent to Cidhna Mine, in Markarth)... The Forsworn leader is Madanach, the King In Rags... If you assist him in escaping both Cidhna and Markarth, he'll hole up in Druadach Redoubt...