Forums » Elder Scrolls

Toothy, toothy kitties

• November 18, 2011 6:53 AM EST

So, I've run into a problem: I can't reach High Hrothgar. Not because of a bug that telelports me halfway across the sky or sends me deep into the earth, not even because of the Frost Troll undoubtedly lurking on the higher reaches of the 7000 steps. No, I am stopped by one thing: A sabre-tooth on the lower levels of the mountain. It spawns on the path EVERY GODDAM time!

Now, I know I shouldn't have left the Greybeards for after I was level 10. On my first play, the beast lying in wait was a mere Ice Wolf. But now it's a cat. A big one.

What do you guys think is the best way to bring it down?

• 9 posts
    November 18, 2011 7:01 AM EST

Get A Companion And Archer It Down..... Frost Bite Poisons And Fire! :D 

• 12 posts
    November 18, 2011 5:48 PM EST
    Hard to say without knowing what type of character you have. Use whatever skills you are good at.
  • November 19, 2011 10:15 PM EST

Ok, I got it in the end. I bought what must have been every healing potion in Skyrim, crafted a Frost Damage bow, poisoned said bow, and managed to shoot it to death as it ran down the path towards me. How do you guys usually deal with big predators in Skyrim?

• 342 posts
    November 19, 2011 11:24 PM EST

usually I range attack them down but if they get in close a good whack of flames and a shout to the face usually does the trick.

if they are getting too close to your face use sprint and try and circle around them, flanking is always a good option for melee as some of the bigger animals take time to turn around and also a shield if you can find one.

• 14 posts
    November 22, 2011 2:37 PM EST

I'm playing as a pure Nord warrior. Only uses greatswords and badass armor, only levelling up HP and stamina for my swings.. I'm now at level 23 or something but I dont't having any problems with killing either dragons or giants.

Oh, and I have 100 in skill of smithing.. Maybe that's why I'm pretty unbeatable 

• 1 posts
    November 22, 2011 4:12 PM EST

Well my battlemage is level 11 almost 12.  I fireball/ice spike them from a far and when it gets close I slice and dice with my bound sword or Blades sword, depending on my mood.  If its a bigger beast (dragon, troll, etc) I call on my Atronoch.  She along with Lydia keep'em occupied while i throw down some fireballs/ice spikes/shouts...and finish them off with my blade...Ok i really need to go home and play cuz i'm itchin' to kill stuff now :p

• 3 posts
    November 22, 2011 4:48 PM EST

Invisibility potion and sneak around it? If not go grab the companion you got from Riverwood and let him die when you plaster the cat with arrows.