Forums » Elder Scrolls

New kill cams for bows and magic........Good fun or a waste of t

• 27 posts
    March 16, 2012 1:26 PM EDT

I know that in Fall Out the Slow mo kill cam kinda took me out of the experience do to the sometimes long wait for it to come back to the right pass of things. I just hope that there's going to be an option to turn it off or even a speed level option to mess with. But I can't wait for the new kill moves......if you haven't seen the new ones look them up (sorry I dont have a link). But I know you can find it on YouTube!......... What do you think a out the new updates kill cams

• 1 posts
    March 16, 2012 2:33 PM EDT

I would like to see an option to turn them on or off. Still, it would be nice to see someone getting an arrow in his eye in a slowmo.

• 238 posts
    March 16, 2012 2:45 PM EDT

itl be balanced out like all kill cams. not too often. 

• 27 posts
    March 16, 2012 4:04 PM EDT
    Most kill cams are good but the ones the Bethesda had on Fall Out.....the kill cams in Fall Out 3 and New Vegas would have you looking at a dead bad guys mangled body wiggeling around on the ground in a bloody heep for a good 10secs or more sometimes.....it just really took me out of the game.
    • 67 posts
    March 16, 2012 5:29 PM EDT

so long as theres an "arrow in the knee" cam

• 27 posts
    March 20, 2012 11:07 PM EDT

From what I've seen of them I think they're pretty cool, especially the projectile weapon kill cams

• 773 posts
    March 21, 2012 7:29 AM EDT

Well, on one level they are 'a waste of time'. They don't add anything to the actual gameplay.

However, I kinda enjoy them, and they add a level of fun to the game. And it is meant to be fun, isn't it? 

I do agree that it would be better if there was a toggle in the Options menu to turn them off. It doesn't seem like a big thing for Bethesda to add, but its still not been added.

• 426 posts
    March 21, 2012 7:35 AM EDT

I think the bow kills is a good addition along with the extra close combat kill moves. The magic ones seem a little weak for me a kill move with magic would involve a more detailed animation rather than the normal slow motion shot. Maybe with a fire spell they burn into a blackened corpse and with frost they freeze and crumble. Any additions are good in my book we just need more and quicker lol

• 19 posts
    March 21, 2012 7:44 AM EDT

I don't think the kill cams work very well for ranged attacks. For one, you don't get a special animation like you do with melee, for obvious reasons, so it gets really old seeing ragdolls in slow motion. And secondly, they look really weird when triggered at close range, because you don't even get to see the projectile.

• 577 posts
    March 21, 2012 7:46 AM EDT

I'm not a big third person player, if at all, so these kill cams are pretty cool to me. Sheds a new light on my character. If anything it may prompt me to wearing different armor since I'll be seeing myself more often. I tend to just wear Nightingale ALL the time. Knowing me, I'd get bored looking at that after 20-30hrs of game play. It's funny, I didn't get many 'kill cam' shots before. I didn't use much one-handed. Mainly bows. Sneak dagger attacks is where I saw 90% of kill cam shots, and that triggered 30% of the time of the actual kill. Curious to how perdominate these new 'kill cams' will be activated. Fallout could get a little too much

• 132 posts
    March 21, 2012 9:41 AM EDT

The worst part about the fallout cams was that while you were watching their ragdoll twitch on the ground, time went back to normal and people would run up and shoot you in the face while you were helpless. By F:NV they pretty much fixed that (fewer and shorter kill-cams, and if that fails you can actually exit them) so I have confidence they will work just fine in skyrim.

• 75 posts
    March 21, 2012 11:21 AM EDT

So I like the idea of some of them... but suplexing, really?

My favorite killcam in NV, by far, was following the bullet to its destination, and honestly that's the only one I'm looking forward to.