Forums » Elder Scrolls

Help me choose an Argonian to play

• 773 posts
    April 30, 2015 3:11 PM EDT

Confession time: I've never played an Argonian (or not least, beyond getting as far as Riverwood). I've certainly never played one to any decent level.

Yeah, I know I'm a bad, bad Site Owner. Tae-Rai and Emer can feel free to poke with embalming tools

Anyway, in honour of Argonian Week, I thought I would fire up Skyrim (first time in a while) and roll an Argonian. But which Character Build should I play?

Here is a custom search for Argonian tagged builds

Which build should I play? Tell me the reasons for your suggestion

P.S I am planning on making a special daily blog next week on my adventures as I get to grips with playing an Argonian.

• 1595 posts
    April 30, 2015 3:24 PM EDT

This should really have been posted in Build Recommendations Paul  What about Curse's Brute? No nonsense, straight up balls out aggression gameplay will make it easy to jump into with Destruction and Enchanting there to add some depth.

Edit: Looking forward to reading your adventure journal, no matter what build you decide on.

• 1595 posts
    April 30, 2015 3:42 PM EDT

Actually, The Deep Diver may have more of an Argonian feel if you want to soak up their flavour.

• 41 posts
    April 30, 2015 3:48 PM EDT
    I second this.

And the pun, I second that as well.
    • 1441 posts
    April 30, 2015 3:53 PM EDT

The Saxheel Warbringer Allowing the choice of light or heavy armor, it is an interesting take on a Shellback, and quite a blast to play

• April 30, 2015 4:07 PM EDT

Emer's Tsaesci build is great if you want to play a warrior. For stealth I recommend Noodles' Dreadscale, or if you're looking to play a mage Lozhar's  Healer is great.

• 1595 posts
    April 30, 2015 4:09 PM EDT

^ Yes this. For the love of all things holy Paul, stay away from the Shadowscales.

Argonian Shellbacks are where it's at.

• 1483 posts
    April 30, 2015 4:25 PM EDT

Another vote for Deep Diver here.

But, if exploring underwater is not your thing, I highly suggest giving these builds a read/try

Salamander by Mason

Rasha, the Bog-lurker by asgard

Regenerator by Albino

• 557 posts
    April 30, 2015 4:38 PM EDT

Just an idea, but what if you played through a build that hasn't yet been released (hint hint )? 

Two different types of content with a common background and coinciding releases could be interesting to see!

• 773 posts
    April 30, 2015 4:38 PM EDT

Might have make a poll about this 

• 168 posts
    April 30, 2015 4:40 PM EDT

I'm currently playing the Hist Mage by Ben C and I'm loving it, but I can't find the build on the site to post the link to it. Was it removed?

• 179 posts
    April 30, 2015 4:41 PM EDT

Lotta good recommendations in here, but I think I'll throw in some more:

Sanctus' Battlechief

Albatross' Black Marsh Vanguard

If you don't mind a banned member's build, then Narm's Archein (just do a control+f search for "Archein" on the linked page)

Any of Emer's Builds

Deathmetus' An-Xileel Warrior

Tae-Rai's Hist Wraith

Ben C's Hist Mage

All great Argonian builds with a real Argonian feel to them.

• 557 posts
    April 30, 2015 4:42 PM EDT

*Has Paul playtest his new build for him*

• 773 posts
    April 30, 2015 4:53 PM EDT

Send it to me and I'll gladly take a look 

• 557 posts
    April 30, 2015 5:05 PM EDT

Sent!

• 622 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:19 PM EDT

Hist Wraith

One of my funnest builds to date, got lots of bashing, smashing and crushing fun!

The An-Xileel

A collab between the biggest Argonian fans of the blog! Why would you say no to this ;) Lots of sneaking, lots of stabbing and lots of bewitching the citizens of Skyrim!

• 68 posts
    April 30, 2015 8:33 PM EDT
    Well if you're interested in helping out a first timer to character building I'm currently test playing my Argonian build and would be happy to have your input on things that I could do to improve the build. It's a different take on the traditional shadowscale that adds a little soul siphoning and necromancy for flare.
    • 1 posts
    May 1, 2015 10:46 AM EDT

You could try the Ash-Scale. Most fun I had with this game

• 773 posts
    May 1, 2015 10:52 AM EDT

Some good options here. I can see I've got some reading up to do 

• 773 posts
    May 1, 2015 11:02 AM EDT

Web Archive to the rescue 

• 485 posts
    May 1, 2015 11:14 AM EDT
    Go on. Play the brute. Hulk out argonian style.
  • May 1, 2015 12:54 PM EDT

Hello mate. For your Argonian build.  Try Masons battlemage" The Salamander". From my own personal experience it is brilliant, a true revenge build for all the deathlords, wrights,  and scourges that have pissed you off in the past. They just cannot take him down its a great feeling. However there is also the collaboration between Emer and No Snakes. The  "Shadowscale"  very risky but even for a player as experienced as you would provide the challange you are perhaps looking for. Good luck with whichever build you choose though. R