Forums » Elder Scrolls

Conjuration Mage Vampire

• 7 posts
    February 24, 2012 4:39 PM EST

My Conjuration Mage has the disease that makes you a vampire and I wanted to know would this be helpful to me or would it be more of a burden?

• 17 posts
    February 24, 2012 4:42 PM EST

Stage One

Abilities:

Champion of the Night- Illusion spells cast by your vampire are 25% more powerful.
    Night Stalker's Footsteps - Vampires are 25% harder to detect while sneaking.
    Resist Disease - Your vampiric blood gives you 100% resistance to disease.
    Resist Frost - Your vampiric blood gives you 25% resistance to frost.
    Resist Poison - Your vampiric blood gives you 100% resistance to poison.
    Weakness to Fire - Your vampiric blood causes you to be 25% weaker to fire.
    Weakness to Sunlight - Health, Magicka, and Stamina do not recover while in sunlight and are reduced by 15 points; however, if you equip apparel that grants a faster regen percentage on any of the three stats, or take a perk that grants faster regen, they will still recover in sunlight. (only when you're outside during the day) 

Powers:

Vampire's Servant - Reanimate a weak dead body to fight for you for 60 seconds (can only be used once a day).
    Vampire Sight - Improve night vision for 60 seconds (can be used multiple times a day and be toggled on/off). 

Spells:

Vampiric Drain - Absorb 2 points of health per second from target (novice destruction spell, cost of 5 magicka per second). 

Stage Two

Changes from Stage 1:

Resist Frost - Your vampiric blood gives you 50% resistance to frost.
    Weakness to Fire - Your vampiric blood makes you 50% weaker to fire.
    Weakness to Sunlight - Health, Magicka, and Stamina do not recover while in sunlight and are reduced by 30 points; however, if you equip apparel that grants a faster regen percentage on any of the three stats, or take a perk that grants faster regen, they will still recover in sunlight. (only when you're outside during the day)
    Vampire's Servant - Reanimate a more powerful dead body to fight for you for 60 seconds (can only be used once a day).
    Vampiric Drain - Absorb 3 points of health per second from target (novice destruction spell, costs 10 magicka per second). 

Powers:

Vampire Seduction - Creatures and people up to level 10 are calmed (cease to fight) for 30 seconds. 

Stage Three

Changes from Stage 2:

Resist Frost - Your vampiric blood gives you 75% resistance to frost.
    Weakness to Fire - Your vampiric blood makes you 75% weaker to fire
    Weakness to Sunlight - Health, Magicka, and Stamina do not recover while in sunlight and are reduced by 45 points; however, if you equip apparel that grants a faster regen percentage on any of the three stats, or take a perk that grants faster regen, they will still recover in sunlight. (only when you're outside during the day)
    Vampire's Servant - Reanimate a powerful dead body to fight for you for 60 seconds. (can only be use once a day)
    Vampiric Drain - Absorb 4 points of health per second from target. (novice destruction spell, costs 12 magicka per sec) 

Stage Four

Changes from Stage 3:

Resist Frost - Your vampiric blood gives you 100% resistance to frost.
    Weakness to Fire - Your vampiric blood makes you 100% weaker to fire.
    Weakness to Sunlight - Health, Magicka, and Stamina do not recover while in sunlight and are reduced by 60 points; however, if you equip apparel that grants a faster regen percentage on any of the three stats, or take a perk that grants faster regen, they will still recover in sunlight. (only when you're outside during the day)
    Vampire's Servant - Reanimate a very powerful dead body to fight for you for 60 seconds (can only be used once per day).
    Vampiric Drain - Absorb 5 points of Health per second from target (novice Destruction spell, costs 15 Magicka per second).
    People will be hostile towards you and might attack you on sight. 

Powers:

Embrace of Shadows - The vampire becomes invisible, with improved night-vision for 180 seconds (can only be used once per day). 

Notes

The effects of Vampirism become stronger the longer the player goes WITHOUT feeding.
    Feeding ALWAYS brings the player back to Stage One.
    In the early stages of Vampirism, NPCs will act normally around you.
    On stage 4, everyone is hostile towards you, so be careful! (tip: use your invisibility ability to sneak in a house to feed).
    You can feed on sleeping NPCs in the same way you'd pickpocket from them. Just press the action button while sneaking.
    If you are having trouble feeding at Stage Four, you can travel to an abandoned camp or shack, and ask your companions to sleep by asking them to do something for you, and then hold the action button on the bed. The window of opportunity is very short. This is a safe, convenient way to deal with hunger. However, one may often find themselves without a companion; if one is a member of a guild, they can wait in that guild's bed area and feed off any sleeping NPC's easily, especially the Dark Brotherhood who allow you to walk among them freely.

• 739 posts
    February 24, 2012 4:51 PM EST

Whoa! That is one massive wall of text bilbo!

Hmmm, let me summerise.

If your vamp mage likes running illusion then you are going to come out trumps!! Then there is the infamous necromage/vampirism combo which is very powerfull (the strongest perk/skill combination available in Skyrim). I'll elaborate more if you ask but for now i'll leave it at that.

• 7 posts
    February 24, 2012 4:59 PM EST

Okay thanks I think I know what I should do I was thinking about going into Illusion later on but not right now so I will probably not become a vampire for now at least.