Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you could bring back one past NPC....

• 773 posts
    November 7, 2011 3:29 AM EST

We know that Skyrim is set about 200 years after the events of Oblivion.

So its unlikely that, in the natural order of things, any of the NPCs in previous Elder Scrolls games could be brought back - Maiq the Liar is an exception to that, because he is an Easter Egg character and exists outside time, or so it seems 

But if you could choose one super cool NPC and have them time warped into Skyrim then who would it be, and why?

And if you can come up with a good reason why they would 'fit' into Skyrim, then so much the better...

• 2 posts
    November 7, 2011 3:31 AM EST

The Adoring Fan. I would love to see a return of that annoying little codependent bosmer.

How else am I going to test my Dragon Shouts effects?

Edit: Maybe have a little shrine to him showing he ended up achieving greatness. Or have his body found in a horrible death scene. I would like some little reminder of him atleast

• 1 posts
    November 7, 2011 3:40 AM EST

The Gray Fox....not the gray fox himself but someone obviously in the role of the gray fox. Ya know causing a little mayhem for the Stormcloaks and the Imperial Army. He could help set up a neutral role if you want to stick it to both sides

• 1 posts
    November 7, 2011 3:44 AM EST

Divayth Fyr.

If anybody could survive the eruption of Red Mountain and the invasion by the Black Marsh, it's this 4,000 year old Telvanni.  I don't think he would fit into the game well, but perhaps having him lodged in a Dwemer ruin with his wives and Yagrum Bagarn.  I'm excited for the new lore we are going to receive about the dwarves in this game, and there could be quests associated with this group in regards to the Dwemer.

• 59 posts
    November 7, 2011 3:56 AM EST

Vivec or Martin Septim. First because it would be interesting and the latter because he was my favourite character in the game, and a veyr interesting character. 

• 5 posts
    November 7, 2011 3:58 AM EST

M'aiq the Liar for me. I want to find him sitting on some snow-covered mountain somewhere grumbling about dragons. 

• 5 posts
    November 7, 2011 4:00 AM EST

While I understand your motivation, I'm really hoping that the Bosmer are not the laughing stock they were in Oblivion--and that would kind of be required for the Adoring Fan to truly be the Adoring Gan.

• 1 posts
    November 7, 2011 4:00 AM EST

If the adoring fan is in Skyrim i'll kill myself

• 3 posts
    November 7, 2011 4:02 AM EST

M'aiq the Liar of course! He predicted dragons AND werewolves for Skyrim, he could give us rare insight into the content of The Elder Scrolls VI haha!

• 773 posts
    November 7, 2011 4:24 AM EST

I agree

And I actually would not be surprised to see him in the game

• 38 posts
    November 7, 2011 4:24 AM EST

All the vampires of of Oblivion have a chance at still being alive, except that the player kills most of them. I think Count Hassildor is the only one who doesn't die. It said on his UESPage that he is always essential, so he might be in Skyrim. It would be good to see at least 1 character come back.

• 4 posts
    November 7, 2011 4:32 AM EST

Lucien Lachance, he of the scary voice and the habit of suddenly appearing and linked with him his horse Shadownight or whatever it was called.