Forums » Elder Scrolls

Perks effect on Staves

• 25 posts
    January 15, 2014 11:06 AM EST
    When my character for example has the Master of the Mind (all Illusion spells are effective on the undead and dwarven atronachs) perk from the Illusion skill tree and is using a Grand Staff of Charming on a Draughr, will the Draughr be calmed down?

If anyone has experience with the influence of perks on staves I would love to know.
    If this works than staves can become very useful for mages with a low magicka pool as staves don't relie on magicka so the mage can use other enchantments instead of Fortify Magicka or Magicka regeneration on his clothes.
    • 95 posts
    January 16, 2014 7:03 AM EST

I'm also curious, and I'd like to know if augmented elemental perks works on staves of fireball/chain lightning etc, and if elemental potency/twin souls work on atronach staves. So I bump yout post :D

• 25 posts
    January 16, 2014 7:05 AM EST
    Thank you! Maybe that helps. :)
    I've checked and checked and double checked the internet but couldn't find anythinv that could help me unfortunately.
    • 25 posts
    January 16, 2014 7:22 AM EST
    What's the maximum damage staffs can do with the right perks: will it equal the spells?
    • 25 posts
    January 16, 2014 7:30 AM EST
    So the idea I had is practical: use staves when you have low magicka but the necessary perks (and dito enchantments)?
    • 10 posts
    January 16, 2014 7:32 AM EST

Augmented element perks do affect Destruction staves. So do Fortify Destruction potions and the elemental dragon priest masks. Elemental Potency does not work on atronach staves, but Twin Souls does, except when used with certain summons from Dragonborn.

• 25 posts
    January 16, 2014 7:37 AM EST
    Good info. Too bad about the Elemental Potency as 50% increase in strength is beautiful.
    Which summons from Dragonborn are not influenced by Twin Soul?
    • 249 posts
    January 16, 2014 10:04 AM EST
    Necromancy perks and Necromage work on Necromantic staves. Too bad the staves have a terribly low magnitude :p almost made a build around em til I found that tidbit out.
    • 95 posts
    January 16, 2014 11:59 PM EST

@Leto, According to UESP, Conjure Seeker, Ash guardian, Ash spawn, they do not benefit from the twin souls perk. And an info on elemental potency: The 50% is not entirely true. Check Conjuration spells (google it and select UESP link), I cannot provide link, I'm at work and Mcafee blocks it :D there you can check the conjured atronachs' stats. An example: Frost atronach without the perk: Life 300, stamina 125. With the perk: Life 503, stamina 292.

@Ben C: thanks for your info, I'm checking now you Cursed Prophet :)