Forums » General Gaming

What is your least favorite daedric artifact?

• 127 posts
    January 12, 2014 11:40 PM EST
    My least favorite is the skull of corruption. While I love the quest to actually gives you the staff, I think the staff itself sucks, with a base damage of 20, and a increased damage of 50, some spells are more powerful. You'd think a daedric artifact would be more powerful.
    • 95 posts
    January 13, 2014 12:34 AM EST

Many of them are useles. Especially the weapons, as they do not benefit from any smithing perks, furthermore, the Ebony Blade cannot be tempered at all. This fact makes these weapons useless in the end game, however I think Daedric artifacts should be more powerful. I agree with Ben C, Savior's hide is only useful for the good price. That's my least favorite. My favorite is the Ring of Hircine and the Ring of Namira.

• 360 posts
    January 13, 2014 1:01 AM EST

It's pointless to have daedric artifacts in the game when nearly every other weapon, armor, or enchanted ring/necklace is better

• 70 posts
    January 13, 2014 2:45 AM EST

Spellbreaker. The quest is long and pointless, and the shield itself has very limited uses. Neither the armour rating or the enchantment are very good compared with other high-level shields like Auriel's Shield.

• 1913 posts
    January 13, 2014 3:10 AM EST
    @ben, but that one dungeon is by far the largest dungeon in the game excluding the one you go to get the elder scroll in the base game
    • 1483 posts
    January 13, 2014 3:16 AM EST
    I disagree on the quest part but really agree on the shield. The ward does not recharge meaning you have to constantly lower and raise your shield to avoid constant staggering which anyway kicks in when high level mages appear. It's design is crazy and non-practical, and, as you mentioned, AR is lower compared to other high-level shields.
    • 1483 posts
    January 13, 2014 3:20 AM EST
    Unbreakable lockpicks is bad? Never occured to me... My least favorite is Wabbajack. I don't like chance-based weapons in general and Wabbajack can even heal the target or make it invisible. For me it's like last per in pickpocket tree - exists to provide amusement for a limited period of time.