Forums » Elder Scrolls

When did Skyrim last surprise you?

• 62 posts
    June 2, 2013 3:17 AM EDT

Perhaps it was a radiant quest you have never chanced upon before, or a line of dialogue you recently heard for the first time? Was it the unexpected reaction of a character, be they friend or foe? Maybe it was the difficulty of a certain dungeon, or the fun to be had when attempting a certain play style? The surprise could even have come in the form of an item you had never previously used providing you with unexpected pleasure.

Regardless as to the source, when was the last time that Skyrim held a genuine surprise for you? I'm guessing there will be numerous different responses. After all, games like this often reveal different elements of themselves depending on the player. That's what offers the titles in the Elder Scrolls series so much replay value, and why so many of us continue to play the game two years after it's release. 

• June 2, 2013 3:30 AM EDT

Has to be a few months back. I was moving across the countryside when I stumbled across a dragon. Of course I beat down the dragon but as I laid the killing blow the ground shook as another dragon landed behind me. Of course I had no choice but to fight this one too. By this point I'm irritated because I'm using a thief dominant character so I have no business to be fighting multiple dragons. As I'm about to kill this one another comes flying by. "No way! Screw this!" I yell. I take off and as I'm dodging the dragons attacks yet another flies into view. So I ran my happy ass all the way to whiterun so I could have the guards help me out. Pansy move but that's what I did. The surprise to me was my luck... lol

• 59 posts
    June 2, 2013 3:43 AM EDT

wow, epic tale. The best suprise from skyrim would be wabbajack to me.

As the last... Hmm how difficult lvl 1-10 is on legandary. I mean... Only a few styles work, and only when you run away from the toughest bosses... This is wat puts me of most builds at the site, they wont work from level one at that difficulty...

• 49 posts
    June 2, 2013 8:09 AM EDT

Had to be yesterday. For the first time (here comes the shock...) I became a vampire! It never really spoke to me but I was walking through Haemar's shame when I contracted sanguinaire vampiris. I decided not to cure it and was pleasently suprised with the result.

• 485 posts
    June 2, 2013 9:51 AM EDT

Im walking towards Whiterun for a bedlam job offered by the thieves guild, when all of a sudden a vampire assassin appears out of thin air to attack. Once killed, I search her body and find out she has a contract to kill me. Included in the contract is the location of the vampires that sent her after me to begin with. Needless to say I payed them a surprise visit.

• 28 posts
    June 2, 2013 12:23 PM EDT

A bear spawned in my house and nearly killed my wife :(