Forums » Elder Scrolls

Cooking: What do you think about it?

• December 29, 2011 6:06 PM EST

I don't know if this had already been a discussion but I haven't seen one so here.

I don't use cooking really, I tried with my latest character but right around when he left Riverwood for good (Until the main quest) I pretty much forgot about it and haven't used it since. I keep forgetting I have a few venison stews/vegetable soups. I'll ask for a "homecooked meal" every once in a while but other than that I just keep forgetting about it, and now that I'm higher level I seem to be more busy than before when I was walking around picking up ingrediants and being a nice, merry orc.

What do you think about cooking? Do you use it?

• 31 posts
    December 29, 2011 6:09 PM EST

Yep, I'm a high level orc and I still use it. Gives me a good reason to steal bandits meats. I've stuffed plenty of cooked food down my tusked maw in a pinch and it saved my bacon! (hahaha)

I don't cook the fancy stuff though, just grill goats legs and beef and such.

• 773 posts
    December 29, 2011 6:11 PM EST

To be honest its more bother than its worth - unless I create a 'chef' character someday 

The biggest drawback is that it doesn't ramp up a skill. At least with grinding weapons or creating potions you feel as if your actually developing your character. By comparison, cooking is only there for immersion /RPG  purposes

• 739 posts
    December 29, 2011 6:17 PM EST

Ive not explored cooking at all! Are the stamina increase benifits from cooking worth it during battle?

I heard someone on another forum saying that you can simulate 'Adrenaline Rush' with a well cooked stew? Is this even remotely accurate? Cos if it is i'm so creating a 'Master Chef' build!

• 31 posts
    December 29, 2011 6:22 PM EST

Dunno about that Mason. All I know is, if I've run out of potions and find myself on the business end of an ebony greatsword, opening my inventory and scarfing down half a dozen steaks can tip the scales in my favor. (Or is that flavor?)   Oh I'm cooking tonight! Hahaha....