Forums » Elder Scrolls

Odd Easter Egg

• 158 posts
    October 31, 2012 6:06 AM EDT

This has probably come up before but I thought i'd share it anyway :D

So exiting whiterun I went to the Khajiit trading camp and turned right towards halted stream camp. My smithing was 28 at the time. About half way I noticed a small dark pond with a skeletal hand poking out holding a sword. The sword was dwarven! I decided to test wether the swords were random or not. I noticed the higher my smithing the better the sword. This was the first easter egg I found. So, what easter eggs have you guys run into?

• 133 posts
    October 31, 2012 6:48 AM EDT
    I have never run into the sword in the lake even though I knew were it was. I have found the notched pickaxe at the top of High Hrothgar. I have also once seen a pacman one using a piece of cheese.
    • 253 posts
    November 1, 2012 6:04 AM EDT

For me that hand always has a Orcish sword, no matte the level. 

I have one, but not exactly an easter egg. In the White River Watch there are the (to my knowledge) only two fur helmets in the game.

• 158 posts
    November 1, 2012 7:03 AM EDT

The one with the blind guy right?

I Also found a bound bow book in a bucket ^_^

• 708 posts
    November 1, 2012 7:14 AM EDT

My favourite one definetely has to be the Mysterium Xarxes page in the Dawnstar Museum turning into a bucket when you attack it.

• 253 posts
    November 1, 2012 7:40 AM EDT

Yeah the Blind guy one. I know it is cruel, but I love messing with the blind guy . And it has bound bow in there? Nice! I will have to find it.

• 253 posts
    November 1, 2012 7:40 AM EDT

I am going to have to try that...

• 1913 posts
    November 1, 2012 7:52 AM EDT
    The Bucket of Xarxes!
    • 856 posts
    November 4, 2012 10:01 PM EST

The bound bow is not in that cave, but you can find it in a bucket at a fort.   If you're interested, I wrote a detail description of its location called Early Conjure Bow in the Tips and Tricks Group .

• 285 posts
    November 4, 2012 10:35 PM EST
    The 300 easter egg, a body of a saber cat with a sword lying nearby. Don't remember where.
    • 7 posts
    November 4, 2012 10:43 PM EST
    Pretty sure it's not far from kesh (peryite's shrine).
    • 39 posts
    November 5, 2012 3:22 PM EST

The sword in the lake is actually a reference to king arthur, where Excalibur was taken from a hand-shaped rock by the lady of the lake (another easter egg concerning the lady is the fact that the lady stone is in the middle of a...lake.

• 15 posts
    November 5, 2012 3:58 PM EST

Not really an easter egg, just a weird random encounter, but still one of my favorites is the little guy I call Explorer Chicken... the first time I bumped into him was on a road east of Riften, just a lone chicken walking down the road not close to any settlements.  I followed him for a while until a dragon attacked and I got distracted.  I've also run into him out in the wilds of the Reach, far west of Dragon Bridge and not even on a road, just strutting around.  I also found him near the shrine of Azura, I usually try to follow him but he never really goes anywhere, just keeps on walking.

• November 5, 2012 7:49 PM EST

He's got nothing left to lose, walking for eternity knowing not even the Divines themselves will try to stop him, leaving a path of destruction in his wake

• 3 posts
    November 6, 2012 11:38 PM EST

Chicken: Over 9000? Bitch plz i reanimated akatosh

• 285 posts
    November 11, 2012 11:54 PM EST
    Holy Crap, I just realized it's also a reference to LOTR, in the War of the Last Alliance, the Battle of Dagor marshes a bunch of Elves and Men died, their bodies lurking just beneath the surface of the water...
    • 708 posts
    November 12, 2012 12:02 AM EST

I think it's a reference to Arthurian legend, seems a bit more obvious