Forums » General Gaming

Top 5 videogame soundtracks?

• 708 posts
    March 25, 2012 6:26 AM EDT

I don't think this has been posted yet, so I thought I'd put it out there.

What are your top 5 favourite game soundtracks, and why?

I'll put up mine, in no particular order:

Dragon Age Origins Main Theme - fits the overall mood and atmosphere of the game perfectly. Plus the little theme at 1:56 is just pure epic - I believe it's played at most of the massed combat parts.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Main Theme - perfect music for exploring the alien landscape of Vvardenfel. It was probably the first sandbox RPG I'd played and the crescendo at 1:06 still brings back great memories

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Main Theme - Need I say more? After watching the gameplay trailer almost once every day at some times, the theme just reminds me of the pure awesomeness that we saw in the early demos.

Mass Effect - From the Wreckage - The music that plays after defeating Sovereign. It probably took me about a week pretty solid to finish my first playthrough of ME1, and this theme combined with the cutscene itself was a perfect conclusion to the game.

Neverwinter Nights - End Boss - The final boss fight of NWN1. First RPG I'd ever played and it took me over a year on and off to complete. This theme at the end really topped off the experience - to be honest I think that was one of the last great 'puzzle fights' - games these days are really just 'hit them until they die' sort of bosses.

• 342 posts
    March 25, 2012 7:25 AM EDT

ooo I love sound tracks! in no order other then when it pops into my mind...

To Zanakand I love all Final Fantasy music but this has always been my favourite score.

Ezio's Family Assassin's Creed II was my favourite of the current AC titles and it has one of the beautiful soundtracks

Welcome to Bright Falls I've never played this game before but I stumbled upon this soundtrack while listening to others and instantly fell in love with it.

Batman: Arkham City  (This Ain't No Place For No Hero) There is just something so catchy about this one, and it seemed to fit Batman so perfectly.

Darksiders (End Credits) This game had beautiful music through out the entire game play which really made it easily re-playable.

There is of course countless more plus the few that have already been named.

• 708 posts
    March 25, 2012 8:18 AM EDT

I had a quick listen to all of those. Defintely great scores, I think you favor more 'beautiful' while I favor more of the 'epic'

• 342 posts
    March 25, 2012 8:27 AM EDT

haha, yeah i just realised how 'beautiful' they are with a few points of sadness though I also listen to these great compilations done by DragonStarDT that are a mix of music from all different sound tracks, I find they are really helpful if I need to write fight scenes or at least ones of action.

There are 16 of them so far here are just a few

Epic Music Mix 1

Epic Music Mix 7

Epic Music Mix 16