Forums » General Gaming

The Last of Us

• 342 posts
    June 5, 2012 4:58 AM EDT

there are a few Epic games coming out late this year and The Last of Us developed by Naughty Dog made exclusively for the PS3 is one of them. With some of the best graphics and interaction between the character, AI's and the environment I've seen so far, can this alone be enough to get me over my total freak out at survival games. only time will tell

*Warning Spoilery Video may be Spoilery features actual gameplay*

• 297 posts
    June 5, 2012 5:05 AM EDT
    This looks like naughty dog is trying too take on the survivor mantle and tottally knocking it out of the park
    looks amazing the ai of the follower is such that she hides until your out of ammo great looking game
    p.s
    check out watch dogs charlie a really fresh looking game,
    • 342 posts
    June 5, 2012 5:06 AM EDT

watch dogs? hmmm ok :)

• 342 posts
    June 5, 2012 5:10 AM EDT

rofl god just what I need for my already overactive imagination a paranoia game....though it does look a bit like the show Person of Interest

• 297 posts
    June 5, 2012 5:40 AM EDT

i just appreciate dwhen publishers start new genre's and arent lazy cutting cookies too make a quick buck,

• 342 posts
    June 5, 2012 5:42 AM EDT

true, man i could use some good games

• 342 posts
    June 5, 2012 6:01 AM EDT

i've always loved Naughty dog since I first played Crash Bandicoot and they haven't given me a bad game yet i think i might take a chance on this game.

• 297 posts
    June 5, 2012 6:23 AM EDT

In that case my "one too watch"

is Sleeping Dogs its an openworld free roam game coming in august its set in tokyo you play an undercover detective it looks and feels like an old school martial arts/detective movie with great mechanics with gunplay , racing and all set in the neon amazment that is tokyo check it out

• 342 posts
    June 5, 2012 6:27 AM EDT

looks a bit like Yuzuka meets GTA

• 577 posts
    June 5, 2012 8:32 AM EDT

Wow!! That was way cool. Wonder how the mechanics work on all the close moves? you know, the head smashing and choking. Didn't see pop-up buttons to hit. Assume it just automaticaly does it for you when you near the appropiate surroundings?

The AI girl does seem smart, which I imagine is very crucial. Great lookin' game!

• 668 posts
    June 6, 2012 12:28 AM EDT

I read a huge article on this game in Game Informer and they seem extremely impressed with it all the way around. One of the main points is that the AI actually responds as a human being would. Also the amount of firearms and weaponry available are said to be realistic so expect a LOT of melee which makes me HAPPY! This game looks completely amazing and I cannot wait to play it.

• 342 posts
    June 6, 2012 1:08 AM EDT

lol yeah i'm really hoping every other aspect of this game will over ride the fact that i'm a big wimp when it comes to.. realistic? games heh on the other hand give me a sword and a bit of magic and I'll be leading the charge :P

• 668 posts
    June 6, 2012 1:29 AM EDT

It looks incredible. The story seems to be remotely plausible which will make immersion easier. The game sounds really insane though. There is almost no ammunition and you are not only attacked by "the infected" but also by gangs, and enterprising individuals as well. It's the game I am looking forward to the most (other than Skyrim DLC of course.)

• 342 posts
    June 6, 2012 1:32 AM EDT

:O is Darksiders 2 so easily cast aside :O

see i don't seem to mind zombies if they just look like misshaped humans its the further into decomposition they get that freaks me out.

• 63 posts
    June 12, 2012 2:12 PM EDT

Charlie, your taste in games is showing some impeccablenessness. This is by far the one E3 game I got truly excited about.

• 668 posts
    June 12, 2012 2:24 PM EDT

Nah, you know me better than that, Charles! Any game where I get to ride a flaming horsie is oh so wonderful! Darksiders 2 is going to be incredible too. I can't wait to weild Death's arsenal!

• 82 posts
    June 12, 2012 5:00 PM EDT

I believe it's set in Hong Kong.  It features Triads not Yakuza. 

• 82 posts
    June 12, 2012 5:01 PM EDT

Really the only game besides Dawnguard that caught my attention at E3. 

• 342 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:29 PM EDT

look what i found Shannon, this just keep getting better and better its a shame they pushed it back 2 months D: could have been playing it in 2 weeks

Darksiders 2

• 238 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:37 PM EDT

hate the way its not coming out for the 360

• 342 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:39 PM EDT

yeah its a real shame when they can't/won't spread games over all the platforms.

• 297 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:59 PM EDT

im on the other side saying developers should be more loyal to consoles but pc's should have access to everything as they are'nt involved in that war,

Naughty dog has been really loyal too ps3 the fact that they did'nt sell on uncharted too xbox or even wii makes me feel that they never will, good for them in a time where a lot of crossovers are actually xbox ports naughty dog always shows the superiority sonys machine has in its engineering, not trying too start a war honestly