Forums » Elder Scrolls

Help! I got the class-syndrome!

• 6 posts
    March 27, 2012 6:44 PM EDT

I have serious problem. I hang on to the class-based games like oblivion. The problem is that I never feel happy about a character. If I start a thief, When I think : Hmm maybe it would be fun playing sword/shield for a while I can't. Because This is a thief "Class". And at higher lvls you get smacked like a dog-turd on a carriage going from Windhelm to Solitude. I then start a new character, until I think would'nt it be cool to be a master of destruction. But then, Destruction does not fit my new character... And so on and so forth. It's irritating and very disturbing. 

Have you guys ever felt this way? What to do about it? I just can't stop thinking this way! 

• 577 posts
    March 27, 2012 6:53 PM EDT

Well, it sounds like you have strict rules and role-playing involved and that's great! Maybe make multiple 'classes' and play which ever one fits your mood at the time. If your mood switches every 10mins, then yeah, you got a serious problem.lol

• 426 posts
    March 27, 2012 6:56 PM EDT

I think developing a back story might help you out. Try to give you character their own story or goal they are working towards separate to the games storylines. Start a journal and get a good backstory down. Your playthrouhg should be slower but you might find it easier to stick to that character you have nutured and grown.