Forums » Elder Scrolls

Anyone start an new game every minute?

• 8 posts
    June 4, 2012 12:00 AM EDT

I do. I'm even starting one right now as I type. That's why I came here to see if to the Skyrim Blog. I searched for some archetypes for Skyrim and found this site. I was amazed at the creativity of this place; from everyone. My question to you is: Are you a person that starts a new game constantly?

• 16 posts
    June 4, 2012 12:19 AM EDT
    Yes, god yes, it's a bit irritating to be honest, i'm enjoying a character I started and 20lvls from there I get bored of it :B. I have 3 chars at the moment and somehow the're keeping me from restarting, gladly!
    • 41 posts
    June 4, 2012 7:41 AM EDT

I too suffer from: can`t-stop-making-new-builds-itis  there`s just too many exciting looking build ideas around,and you start to get impatient and want to try them   but thankfully I`ve settled down a bit now,and I`m content with my current 2 builds for the time being.

• 62 posts
    June 4, 2012 10:01 AM EDT

Btw, the Volkihar is Mason's build. ;)

Same for me, though. I'm playing the Volkihar and also starting my second Paladin playthrough, preparing them both for Dawnguard.

• 16 posts
    June 4, 2012 12:55 PM EDT

I have the volkihar at lvl 32, the histmaster at 6 and a self creation on 20, and I'm just starting one for the challenge, so far I haven't got bored of them *yay*. But I think powerlevelling in any form just kills the game :( so every single build I go honestly.. or try to :o

• 285 posts
    June 4, 2012 2:49 PM EDT
    *raises hand* I'm terrible about this, I have over 100 chars, planning more
    • 34 posts
    June 5, 2012 1:09 AM EDT

Yeah. I got to the point I couldn't think of any more cleaver names so its just Corvino the Archer, Corvino the Paladin, Corvino the Sorcerer and so on.

• 10 posts
    June 5, 2012 8:54 AM EDT

I must have made about 40+ different characters, the only one that's been able to hold me for 20+ levels in ages is Mason's Volkihar, the rest get ditched about level 12..

• 1 posts
    June 5, 2012 1:43 PM EDT

I will also admit that I am horrible at this as well. I get my guys to the mid 20's and then get bored and want to try a new build with different skills. I haven't even beaten the entire game yet cause I keep restarting. Its annoying yet exciting at the same time cause you wanna see what you can do with each new character. I also try to keep the leveling as honest as possible and not power-level any of my characters.

• 12 posts
    June 5, 2012 3:41 PM EDT

I always start a new, play my character to level five, then quit out of boredom. I always go back to my warrior High Elf

• 3 posts
    June 5, 2012 5:50 PM EDT

Close, but not quite.

Sometimes it's because a removed mod screwed up my game, sometimes a new mod gives me something I want that I can only get at character creation (i.e. new hair, eyes, etc). 

And often it's because I want to player certain quests a different way.

• 3 posts
    June 6, 2012 11:36 PM EDT

Unfortunately that's not easy. I've played a number of console games, and those can be next to impossible to mod. You don't have the kind of access to the software you do in a PC.

As for your computer being unable to run Skyrim, what does it need? I'm an IT guy, maybe I can help you figure it out and direct you to best deals on hardware if you need that.

• 1 posts
    June 10, 2012 11:59 AM EDT
    I have a disease. And the disease is called "can't pick a playstyle or build". Mason's Alik'r was awesome looking, but in the comments, Ponty had this idea of an unarmored wander type that uses the same skills but his weapon is a Blades Sword. Trying to plan that character out now, it seems exciting.
    • 28 posts
    June 10, 2012 12:39 PM EDT

Haha I'm notorious for this! I've probably gone through the into sequence upwards of 15-20 times already!

• 7 posts
    June 10, 2012 1:34 PM EDT

Dear lord yes. For some unknown reason, I find the need to start a new game with every race, utilizing every archetype, and playing both sides of the civil war.

• 3 posts
    June 10, 2012 5:22 PM EDT

I do the same thing. I've played every elf race. I've also done certain characters just to get certain achievements like the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild, when I'm not a fan of either organization.

I'm now playing a Dunmer who will be a master of magic. 

• 1 posts
    June 11, 2012 12:47 AM EDT

I am very bad at this, i have made atleast 100 characters, i used to start about 10-20 a day, i could not stick with one, i would get heaps motivated about a sword and shield warrior, then in the next half an hour i would want to make a full on mage so badly, i really need medication...

• 15 posts
    June 11, 2012 8:55 AM EDT

I make one,go in with hadvar, look at his face infront of the candles, and think he isnt badass enough, redo, 100's -.-.

• 9 posts
    June 18, 2012 12:47 PM EDT

I do!  Maybe not every "minute" but probably every day or so.  I'll play for about 6 hours one day, log in the next day and feel bored, and start over.  I have this problem with almost every game where you create and customize your character.  But I'm determined to stick with one just so I can at least finish the main story line!  Problem is, there are too many skills, too many playstyles, too many races, and too many ways to finish the game that I can't choose, because I like them all!  Right now I'm playing an "Arcane Archer" Wood Elf, and so far so good, but we'll see if I get bored... Lol