Forums » Elder Scrolls

Had any game-breaking glitches?

• 5 posts
    November 28, 2011 4:49 PM EST

I've experienced number 2, and I can't start the quest "Blood on the Ice", so I can't buy the house in Windhelm. But I have played for a total of 96 hours between 2 characters, so it isn't that bad. 

• 1 posts
    November 28, 2011 5:12 PM EST

i cannot finish the main questline or the stormcloaks questline :(

• 7 posts
    November 28, 2011 5:19 PM EST

I keep hearing about the companions, i have had several small glitches in the game like where i saw a goat underwater, but there is one major one with a companion quest, its the rescue mission quest where you rescue a guy from a dungeon, and i cleared the dungeon and it says talk to the guy, but where the arrow is pointing there is noone there, i pressed the talk button where the arrow is pointing, looked for a switch, everything, dosent work, so i moved on with the game and there is no way i am going back to load a previous save(which i tried) because i am to far removed from that quest.

That felt good i had to vent. 

• November 28, 2011 5:25 PM EST

are you playing the game on the PC or on a console Mitch?

• 4 posts
    November 28, 2011 6:51 PM EST

Dragon soul absorption tend to be a common enough glitch for me. If its just a single dragon I encounter, thats fine I absorb the soul. But when its two or three dragons at once then one of the dragons does not give his soul. And its not neccesarily to do with the dragon type either, if im fighting two ancients and a frost dragon, it can be any of them that won't absorb, I've come across alot of variation, level 62 character atm.

Then about 2 mins or so after this happens the game shutdowns to the desktop. Ever. single. time. Im actually at the stage where I've harvested so many souls so I just completely abandon a good dragon fight in case the glitch occurs. Im dreading continuing the main storyline, I left it once I obtained the 3rd word of unrelenting force. A quicksave is fine when exploring or completing small time quests, to overcome this problem, but I hate it when it breaks a dialogue or clip, that ruins the game for me.

• November 28, 2011 7:03 PM EST

yeah, its sort of where the two cross over, but it stuffs the game up if you do stuff in the wrong order... very annoying

• 2 posts
    November 28, 2011 7:03 PM EST

*Possible spolier* Don't you have to wait until Ulfric makes you Thane of Windhelm?

• November 28, 2011 7:04 PM EST

oh, i had that once or twice, i just reloaded one my saves (i save like its no one's business during big battles) and kept going, a very annoying glitch.

• 8 posts
    November 28, 2011 7:36 PM EST

had some crashes to desktop as a result of using high quality shadows. Switched to low and fixed that right up. did lose a savegame of a new character in the process, even tough it was new i still lost a solid 5 hours.

• 16 posts
    November 28, 2011 7:49 PM EST

This isn't my glitch but my friend just told me that something ruined his characters. After he became a werewolf all his stats fell and his Archery fell from 85 to 15 and he doesn't know why. Any thoughts on this? Has it happened to you?

• 1 posts
    November 28, 2011 7:50 PM EST

------- SPOILER

During the Haunted house mission after speaking to Molag Bal the door the the outside never unlocked... and it required a key... so i was trapped.  Molag never spoke again to say i could leave so after 30 minutes of constant waiting i abandoned hopes and reverted to older save.

• 577 posts
    November 29, 2011 12:20 AM EST

shit, my bad. I haven't done anything with the civil war (joined sides). It's getting to the point where, when I play, I don't want to "glitch" anything up!! that sucks!

• 577 posts
    November 29, 2011 12:26 AM EST

I read somewhere on here that that happen to them when they got out of jail. There was some sort of "Restore" potion. Sorry dude, can't remember. At the time it didn't make sense to me and it still doesn't, but he was able to get his lvl back. He may have been playing on PC. Those guys have Talos working for them and can put in codes in some certain situations.

• 16 posts
    November 29, 2011 1:44 AM EST

You have to keep walking to the bottom of the house and he keeps talking and the quest progresses. You're not supposed to leave.

• 2 posts
    November 29, 2011 6:50 PM EST

Had one SPOILER well not really because it was just a little side quest for an Argonian. Asked me to put a lighthouse out so a ship runs ashore. I did but then went to a Cavern nearby and killed a load of guys. Then when I went to meet the Argonian and then his Sister I think it was she tried to kill me. But then the note on her said to go to the Cavern I had just been to. When I got there no one was there.  It took a bit of back and 'forthing' but eventually the game got up to speed and it said I had completed the mission.

Also an much more annoyingly my follower has disappeared and I can't get another! One particular mission. Keep going back and doing it again but the same thing always happens! This better be patched on Wednesday but it is not on the list!

• 6 posts
    December 7, 2011 12:22 PM EST

I need someones help. I started a quest with farkas of the companions he asked if I would kill a dragon with him. We went to eldersblood peak but the dragon just glitches and you can't kill it. I have tried fast traveling away and then back and i have returned 10 different times reloading and all but it still glitches. Now I am stuck with farkas because i haven't completed the quest so i can't take any other quests with followers and farkas is worthless he can't be asked to help carry anything. this is the xbox version of the game ANY suggestions or help I can't go to a previous save because all manual and auto saves occured after this quest was started

• 6 posts
    December 8, 2011 9:07 AM EST
    my game freezes after a couple of hours and the patches made it worse instead of being able to play for 6 hours i can only play for about three