Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your favorite poisons

• 8 posts
    November 26, 2011 12:26 AM EST

I'm sure that im not the only one that enjoys a good poison every now and then. But figuring out a good recipe can be difficult at times, so why dont we get together and share our favorite poison recipes. Aswell as some tips, tricks and hints.

My personal favorite poison is this one brew made up of Imp Stool, Human Flesh and Slaughterfish Eggs. It has a lovely damage health, lingering damage health and a strong paralyze effect all roled into one. Getting the Human Flesh however can be tricky as this is usually only found in places where there is Falmer. And perhaps a necromancer or vampire every now and then.

But i assure you, this brew will not disapoint. One sting from this little mixture you your opponent is as good as dead. Feel free to share your own home made toxins, and why you love them so much.

• 6 posts
    November 26, 2011 2:46 AM EST

I'm with you on the lingering damage health. So far, that particular effect is my favorite - I giggle every time I shoot a particularly hard boss at the end of a dungeon with a poisoned arrow and watch his HP tick down while he searches for what hit him! I'll have to try the recipe you mentioned though, I like the idea of the attached paralyze effect!

• 577 posts
    November 26, 2011 11:11 PM EST

Right on. Thanks for the concoction(sp)! I will use. Matter of fact, I do have some flesh laying around.

• 29 posts
    November 27, 2011 1:36 AM EST

Woah...  Can anyone tell me how to actually use a poison?  Reverse pickpocket never works for me...

• 16 posts
    November 27, 2011 2:08 AM EST

You didn't try to click on the poison? When you do it asks you if you'd like to poison your weapon and you say yes...

• 8 posts
    November 27, 2011 5:44 AM EST

And for reverse pickpocket you need a perk from the Pickpocket skill tree.

If you poison a melee weapon it applies to the next attack that lands, so if you miss it wont be lost. If you apply to a Bow its the next arrow, so if you miss it WILL be lost.

• November 27, 2011 7:19 AM EST

A good poison? Bah that's easy!! All the food I cook in real life!! Can 1 shot any Giant or Mammoth! ^^

Nah kidding. I personally love the ones that gives a damage over time effect. I can't remember with what I made it with, but it does something like 5 health and stamina damage per second over 10 seconds and paralyze for 2. It boosts battles as hell!! ^^

• 577 posts
    November 27, 2011 9:54 AM EST

I would be cool if you could poison a whole set of arrows. Kinda like enchanting. Make it as strong as you want for a few or slightly weak for many. Depends on how much poison you have. Like you could have the tips marinate over night! That would be sweet!!

• 10 posts
    September 15, 2012 3:25 PM EDT

My favorites :

Falmer Ear + Human Heart = Damage Health + Frenzy

Abacean Longfin + Bleeding Crown + Ice Wraith Teeth = Weakness to Poison + Weakness to Fire + Weakness to Frost

• 291 posts
    September 15, 2012 5:39 PM EDT

Yeah, your combination is also a particular favorite of mine.  I use Lingering Damage Health almost exclusively when I make poisons, simply because the effect acts how I think poison SHOULD act.

That said, a couple of Green Pact friendly ones I like with multiple effects:

River Betty + Skeever tail + Silverside Perch = Damage Health + Ravage Health + Damage Stamina Regen

and 

River Better + Large Antlers + Small Antlers/Troll Fat = Damage Health + Slow

I love the challenge of brewing from a Green Pact perspective, but it is impossible to get potions with Lingering Damage Health and multiple effects without mods that add more ingredients.

• 38 posts
    September 17, 2012 9:04 AM EDT

I'm sure human flesh should not be hard to get with all the bandits out there. It seems a mod is needed.

• 66 posts
    September 19, 2012 12:08 AM EDT

A thousand times YES.

Though there is a lot of it available where vampires are.

• 17 posts
    September 19, 2012 1:12 AM EDT

Death bell salt pile and night shade or river Betty nice damage health and slow 

• 38 posts
    September 19, 2012 10:17 AM EDT

Can you poison both weapons at once if you're dual wielding?

• 557 posts
    September 19, 2012 12:14 PM EDT
    I love paralysis poisons. Nothing like slaughtering a defenseless enemy!
    • 856 posts
    September 19, 2012 12:45 PM EDT

Going to agree with Emer - paralysis is awesome.

Paralysis potions can be made (In case someone doesn't know) with any two of the following: canis root, imp stool, fungal pod, briar heart, human flesh, or gleamblossom (DG).  Canis root, imp stool, and fungal pod are all relatively easy to acquire. 

Here's a nice paralysis potion that also deals damage:

Imp stool + human flesh + one of (mora tapinella, orange dartwing, slaughterfish eggs or scales) = paralysis + damage health + lingering damage health.

Imp Stool combined with any other paralysis ingredient and any ingredient that causes either damage health or lingering damage health makes a good poison too. 

Also note that imp stool has a restore health property, but it is weaken effect - so I wouldn't recommend it for a restore health potion.  Another note - successfully pickpocketing a briar heart from a forsworn briarheart will kill him.

• 856 posts
    September 19, 2012 1:00 PM EDT

I am reasonably certain that you cannot poison both weapons at once while you're dual wielding.   You can, I think, prepare weapons in advance, poisoning both weapons prior to a battle:

(1)  Place weapon 'A'  in your primary hand.   (2) apply poison.  (3) place weapon 'B' in your primary hand (switching out weapon 'A').   (4) appy poison.

Place weapon 'A' in one hand and weapon 'B' in the other.  Both weapons should be poisoned, ready for the dual wield.  I imagine that you could prep a few weapons in advance - ready to be switched into either hand when needed.

• 377 posts
    September 19, 2012 10:01 PM EDT

I just stick to the Paralysis+Health Damage combination. Briarheart/canis root+ Imp stool/human flesh+ Deathbell/Riverbetty. I save ALL my river betties solely for poisons. It would be a waste to use them for anything else.

• 7 posts
    September 23, 2012 3:09 PM EDT

There's a reason why it's a rare ingredient.

• 7 posts
    October 12, 2012 10:38 AM EDT

Wow, I didnt know that about the Briarheart but it defenetly make sense!