Forums » The Lounge

The Weekend Chat

• 708 posts
    May 6, 2012 8:14 AM EDT

Started as remarks, I had to go IRL around when someone mentioned 'why would you want to have (insert you know what here) with an Argonian?'

• 773 posts
    May 6, 2012 8:20 AM EDT

Deiter, I'm not going to get into the minutiae of what is or is not offensive.

Just take it from me that some very sensible and respected members of this site found some of the Chat Room content to be very offensive.

Whilst we are the subject, some of the stuff in forum threads has been a bit 'off' too. Perhaps I've been lax in letting the standards of posting on the site slide. Well, it needs to got under some sort of grip from now on.

A good starting place for people would the posting guidelines

• 952 posts
    May 6, 2012 8:25 AM EDT

Too bad then, I had a lot of fun in the chat, some things may not have been serious but they sure where fun. Altough I think some people take some things too serious when it is clear that the subject is in no way meant as something serious. (offcourse I don't know exactly what the argonian-kajiit thing was all about but only what ponty said)

• 133 posts
    May 6, 2012 8:36 AM EDT

Chat needs cconstant moderation in order not to degenerate in babbling or offensive stuff; also a 16 hours chat is boring - I think 2 hours would be the most wecan do and still make some sense; a chat every 2 weekends seems like a good idea; a guideline to behaviour in chat would be good too, though I'd think the mere common knowledge of civilized behavior should be enough.

• 668 posts
    May 6, 2012 10:11 AM EDT

Sure, Dieter, talk about me when my back is turned! Now I really am taking them! I want them all, no hiding any up your nose!

• 668 posts
    May 6, 2012 10:11 AM EDT

No, I'd give away the orange-red, after all there is a red-orange too. :P

• 668 posts
    May 6, 2012 10:16 AM EDT

Staying mute.

• 966 posts
    May 6, 2012 10:28 AM EDT

well, can't we have sort of a weekly chat box thats not on The Skyrim Blog? This way its not on the main page and other members who dont want to join are, are not bothered. possible?

• 966 posts
    May 6, 2012 10:29 AM EDT

Yeah, sometimes keeping a discreet silence about the matter at hand is very wise

• 952 posts
    May 6, 2012 10:29 AM EDT

aaaaaw, good thing I still have my hotwheels, lol