Forums » Elder Scrolls

Upcoming Changes to Skyrim

• 8 posts
    May 2, 2012 11:34 AM EDT

I found this page: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/02/08/bethesda-reveals-skyrims-great-game-jam-ideas-maybe-coming-to-an-elder-scrolls-near-you/ that has some cool possible additions to Skyrim. It's kind of old, but I just stumbled across it looking at stuff for Dawnguard. Tell me this stuff doesn't get you at least a little fired up:

• Seasonal foliage – snow, growing grass, turning leaves…
    • Flow based waters shader
    • Spears!
    • Kill cams for magic and ranged combat
    • Guards can relight darkened areas
    • Hanging structures and moving platforms for dungeons
    • Water currents in dungeons
    • Dark dungeons – a neat atmospheric trick that made running into a cave filled with spiders that much scarier
    • Adoption
    • Build your own home – complete with skeletal butler!
    • Goblins
    • Waygate fast travel
    • Epic new mounts – want to ride a flaming skeleton horse?
    • Mounted combat
    • Dragon mounts
    • Kinect shouts
    • Enhanced underwater visuals
    • Ice and fire arrows
    • Werebear – for those of you who don't care for werewolves
    • Lycanthrophy perk tree
    • Vampire feeding and become a vampire lord, vampire imp minions
    • 98 posts
    May 2, 2012 11:38 AM EDT

The ranged and magic kill cams, Enhanced underwater visuals were put in the latest patch. and I remember something about Kinect shouts also.

• 952 posts
    May 2, 2012 11:45 AM EDT

I'm hoping to see most of it included in the DLC, or else in the upcoming patches. Since most of it should have been implemented in the original game release.

• 132 posts
    May 2, 2012 11:49 AM EDT

Indeed, the Gamejam is now very old news.

• 8 posts
    May 2, 2012 11:54 AM EDT

I like the idea of seasonal changes. Obviously some areas will always be frozen, but some more temperate weather might be cool. I'm thinking of a reverse Game of Thrones: Summer is Coming.

• 377 posts
    May 2, 2012 12:03 PM EDT

The concept of having seasonal changes in a game the size of Skyrim is absolutely revolutionary in the game industry. Well, Skyrim in itself is revolutionary, but to be adding more... god I love this game.

• May 2, 2012 12:39 PM EDT

Lol, yeah when this came out the hype was pretty huge.

I'm sure we'll get a good amount of this, since they already worked on it enough to show it it seems. (Gamejam video)

• 133 posts
    May 2, 2012 12:40 PM EDT

If I can remember correctly, Daggerfall had some weather changes - rain and snow. Can't remember if they really came in seasons, but I think they did.

• May 2, 2012 12:49 PM EDT

Yeah, I remember playing Daggerfall and it was snowy at the City Daggerfall, one day after journeying to the other side of the map and such I came back and it was green and there was a notification that it was a sort of Harvest or Spring Festival. Pretty cool.

• 41 posts
    May 2, 2012 1:50 PM EDT

i think the house building would be cool. Especially if you could build houses outside cities

• 8 posts
    May 2, 2012 2:34 PM EDT

Might even have a use for the wood chopping mini game. I wouldn't mind a quest where you had to go out and collect the supplies necessary to build a cabin or house.