Forums » General Gaming

Tamriel Vault - The Outer Worlds

• 284 posts
    November 13, 2019 4:08 PM EST

I know that pretty much everyone tought about this, but I think we should give a very serious thought of giving The Outer Worlds a place next to TES and Fallout on this Site. What do you think?

• 1467 posts
    November 13, 2019 5:57 PM EST

As mean as it may sound, I'm not entirely sure the game is deep enough as it is to really have that much to talk about. I think a lot of people will be dissapointed about the minor effects your choices have and the limit to them (for the most part, your doing the exact same quests no matter what, just making decisions at the end that change the outcome slightly and have very little impact on the story), and the gameplay isn't exactly broad enough to make building viable. That's not even accounting for the fact that a lot of people who play on PC won't have it due to the relative exclusivity of the game (not being available on Steam). 

It's not impossible, and I'd absolutely love to be wrong because I'd be all down for being active in a community we started for it, just don't think it's going to be a good idea. For reference, I think we'd be better off trying something like that with FromSoft or even Cyberpunk (admittedly the latter isn't out and couldn't be as large as we all think it is), and even then we've seen time and time again that despite interest for Dark Souls, General Gaming never could really get enough people posting content and talking about it. 

EDIT: Just to clarify because I completely forgot to actually say this. I don't think it's a bad idea in theory, but like any group I'd personally want to see some evidence of people actually being interested in the game (and making content/discussing it) before we created a group for it as opposed to blending it in with the current RPG Group.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at November 13, 2019 9:22 PM EST
    • 284 posts
    November 14, 2019 7:01 AM EST

Fair claim Deebs. We should wait until some DLC comes out and such and then see.

• 4 posts
    November 14, 2019 8:55 AM EST

Dragonborn2121 said:

As mean as it may sound, I'm not entirely sure the game is deep enough as it is to really have that much to talk about. I think a lot of people will be dissapointed about the minor effects your choices have and the limit to them (for the most part, your doing the exact same quests no matter what, just making decisions at the end that change the outcome slightly and have very little impact on the story), and the gameplay isn't exactly broad enough to make building viable. That's not even accounting for the fact that a lot of people who play on PC won't have it due to the relative exclusivity of the game (not being available on Steam). 

It's not impossible, and I'd absolutely love to be wrong because I'd be all down for being active in a community we started for it, just don't think it's going to be a good idea. For reference, I think we'd be better off trying something like that with FromSoft or even Cyberpunk (admittedly the latter isn't out and couldn't be as large as we all think it is), and even then we've seen time and time again that despite interest for Dark Souls, General Gaming never could really get enough people posting content and talking about it. 

EDIT: Just to clarify because I completely forgot to actually say this. I don't think it's a bad idea in theory, but like any group I'd personally want to see some evidence of people actually being interested in the game (and making content/discussing it) before we created a group for it as opposed to blending it in with the current RPG Group.

I'd say just make the group. You have nothing to lose.  

• 1467 posts
    November 14, 2019 4:05 PM EST

Is it getting DLC? I was under the impression that they were basically using it as a starting platform to create new games rather than it being a major piece of work for Obsidian (not saying that they didn't put in effort or anything, just that it had intended to be standalone). Could be wrong there and it's not super important, think I'd be down for it. 

Have you played it yet Delta? Just interested there

• 284 posts
    November 15, 2019 11:29 AM EST

I played a few hours at my friends, but I am getting it tommorow my self. I really liked it to be honest. I don't  know if it's getting DLC, but it should. It would be stupid to create a new world full of new lore and everything if you won't expand it. It would be like getting just one TES game and then nothing. Wouldn't you agree?

• 1467 posts
    November 15, 2019 5:07 PM EST

I played a few hours at my friends, but I am getting it tommorow my self. I really liked it to be honest. I don't  know if it's getting DLC, but it should. It would be stupid to create a new world full of new lore and everything if you won't expand it. It would be like getting just one TES game and then nothing. Wouldn't you agree?

I'm not sure really, I think it's fair to say that the universe they've created really isn't that deep at the moment. But on the other hand, I do think they're going to expand it I just think it's going to be in the form of sequels rather than DLC, I just don't think there's anything that should be added to the game other than maybe just adding more branching paths (so rather than adding new content it expands upon the current content if that makes sense). I'd like for the game to be as deep as Fallout: New Vegas someday. 

So it'd be cool, just not sure if they're going to do it I guess. 

• 284 posts
    November 15, 2019 5:11 PM EST

Yeah, who knows. Still better then FO76 hahaha.