Forums » The Lounge

Joker (2019)

• 558 posts
    October 22, 2019 12:52 AM EDT
    How did y'all feel about Joker? It's probably the best film of 2019 IMO. What are your thoughts?

Like it? Love it? Hate it? How did you interpret it? Many people say that the film had no message. Do you agree?

• 7 posts
    October 22, 2019 11:10 AM EDT

EZ Top 50 movies for me. That's all I should say before I start blabbering on how much I enjoyed this movie.

• 3 posts
    October 24, 2019 7:48 PM EDT

I absolutely loved the movie. I do wish it had more senseless violence, but overall it was fantastic. I was worried it'd be another Leto fiasco, and I know a few who thought it'd try to re-make Ledger's masterpiece, but it was a movie all of it's own. The story was unique, the twists and turns of madness were thrilling, and overall I cannot wait to see if they have a sequel just as fabulous as this one was.

I do think that there was a message, but to truly understand it, you'd have to be just as mad as him . . . . luckily I am HA! If you'd like to discuss this topic further, please let me know as I love getting the chance to talk about Joker every chance I get.

• 1467 posts
    October 24, 2019 8:20 PM EDT

Uh, Spoilers for Joker (probably) in my response somewhere. Don't have the patience to create a unique message here so I'll just repeat this a lot.
    Uh, Spoilers for Joker (probably) in my response somewhere. Don't have the patience to create a unique message here so I'll just repeat this a lot. 

I kinda thought the film had a pretty clear message honestly, I mean you could be really simplistic and say that the message was "Don't be an Asshole" because it technically was. But we all clearly understood that the entire point of the movie was to kill the Wayne family, pretty obvious really. 

I thought it was, I wouldn't say the best movie of the year or anything, but it was the most interesting movie of the year in my opinion. It was strange, twisted, unique, confusing, exciting, a little weirdly paced and just...itself you know. The movie had a clear identity and everything was built around their concept of the Joked in every way possible. It was great, and very, very interesting in a way that makes it really hard to explain I think. 

@The Darkness

I actually kind of hope it doesn't get a sequel. I mean I'm down for one if it happens but I think it also stands alone perfectly well (and admiteddly I'm worried that each sequel has the chance to fuck everything up including this movie). 

• 558 posts
    November 24, 2019 1:15 AM EST
    Yeah, best movie of the year for me. I'm actually glad to see that it made a billion dollars because studios might try to make different films than blockbusters.

@Darkness I am interested to see your perspective on the film.

@Dragonborn I took it differently, personally. I felt it was more of a condemnation than a rallying cry, providing more questions than answers.