Forums » The Lounge

Taking a Break

• 1467 posts
    October 14, 2019 4:49 AM EDT

Hey all, just wanted to pop over and drop this quick message tonight before I'll be gone for a few days. I won't be going into any more detail about the reason but basically I've been feeling really burnt out recently and I basically just need to refresh my energy and just not be here. Because I'm more than a little lame (and or dedicated to the site) I'm actually going to be enforcing that by...well restricting my access to the site and Discord by sorta kicking myself from both. 

Kinda like I'm banning myself from the site just to get a break (as I said, kinda lame :P) and I really just wanted to leave this here because I'm not 100% sure how it'd look...might kinda look the same as if I were banned and I'd feel incredibly stupid if anyone noticed and assumed the wrong thing. Should be back by Thursday the 17th (Australian time so, it might still be Wednesday for you). 

So yeah, see you all in a few days, full of energy and with a much better...uh more jokes? Yeah more jokes, I won't say they'll be better because they're mine but yeah. 

• 62 posts
    October 14, 2019 3:55 PM EDT

Take a longer break than that man. I know exactly how you're feeling and the last thing you want to do is make yourself feel obligated to keep up with a hobby you aren't enjoying anymore. I love gaming, but it should be a way to wind down or kill time between responsibilities or even your more demanding hobbies...it shouldn't ever feel like a demanding responsibility itself. Take as much time as you need for this to be fun again, and then be sure to pace yourself and find a better balance once you do come back. We'll miss you, but this will all still be here when your get back. I mean... It's a 2019 Skyrim community, where the fuck are we gonna go?

This post was edited by Tysoyaha at October 14, 2019 3:57 PM EDT
    • 627 posts
    October 15, 2019 3:16 AM EDT

He wasn't even going to take a real break until I outright refused that idea and asked him how much time he wanted. For DB's sake I'm glad that he's actually doing this (even if he did need a push). Hopefully even this short amount of time let's him relax and if not he always has the option of extending it :)

• 4 posts
    October 18, 2019 2:29 PM EDT

I've been there before with other hobbies. My advice is to not set a deadline for your break. The fact that you're doing so means managing the community is more work than fun for you which is never good. Take a month, two months, a year if you need to. If you dread ending your break to get back into it then maybe coming back is just not to be. At that point it may be best to move onto something else permanently.