Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hello Everyone

• September 8, 2019 3:21 PM EDT

Hello everyone! After some difficulty trying to sign up (probably my own fault, whatever), I am officially active. What brings me here you may ask? Well, I am a writer, both of original work and fanfiction, and I have stories for many of my favorite video games, Elder Scrolls included. I'll be looking to publish what I have so far rather shortly. I have been reading up on the Story Corner and it's rules, so hopefully I'll get to that rather soon! I won't post a summary here, but know that the story is centered around the Dark Brotherhood, which has always meen my favorite part of the Elder Scrolls series. How much else of this site I'll participate in remains to be seen, but roleplaying isn't entirely out of the question. 

You can also find me on Fanfiction and AO3, under the same name. 

• September 8, 2019 3:37 PM EDT

Also in case anyone was curious, I do have plenty of experience. I have a Bachelor's degree in English and I've been writing for a very long time. 

• 1595 posts
    September 9, 2019 12:54 AM EDT

Welcome! It looks like you've arrived with a clear plan and know exactly what you're doing, but please feel free to ask if you need anything or have any difficulties :) So what is it about the Dark Brotherhood that you like and has hooked you, and when did that start? 

• 1467 posts
    September 9, 2019 2:32 AM EDT

Yo, welcome to the site Kyojiro, hope you enjoy yourself and can't wait to hear more about this story of yours. The Dark Brotherhood is definitely a pretty interesting faction in the grander sense, even if I'll admit to not being a huge fan of the story in Skyrim that followed that particular questline. But that's part of what makes reading people's stories so fun, so, yeah can't wait :D

• September 9, 2019 8:02 AM EDT
    Heyo people! The Dark Brotherhood has been my favorite aspect of ES since I first played Oblivion in 2008 or 9. I loved how sinister and evil they were, yet also welcoming and close knit they were. Their semi religious behavior and their lore is also very interesting.

The story centers around a personal journey of a new initiate of the Dark Brotherhood, a young Breton originally hailing from the Reach before winding up orphaned in Riften. Taking place one year after the assassination of the emperor, in a world there was no traitor. Following Arbelle's rise in the organization and the resurgence of the organization itself, the story will be layered with plenty of plots and conspiracy, and not just in the Dark Brotherhood. Arbelle is a Breton originally from the Reach, trying to uncover the destruction of her family, so one could probably guess who eventually comes into play.

So yeah, that's the plan so far.
    • 6 posts
    October 25, 2019 5:16 AM EDT

Hey welcome here.