Forums » General Gaming

E3 2019 - Ubisoft Breakdown

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 3:59 PM EDT

Here it is guys, the Ubisoft E3 Presentation starts in a few minutes (from when I posted this discussion) and hopefully we'll get some interesting stuff this year. New AC is almost guarenteed to be a big one and there have been rumors of a Norse/Viking inspired game...because of course there is, everything needs to be Norse ever since Dad and BOY managed to become the GOTY. DLC is always a possibility and I've heard Watch Dog 3 rumors but was pretty vague there. 

Other E3 Conferences:

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 12, 2019 2:42 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 4:03 PM EDT

It's uh...just music so far, but it's Assassins Creed music so maybe that's confirmation we're getting a game. It's really solid, just doesn't beat some of E3 2018's music (even if it's bloody lovely).

So the AC Symphony is a touring orchestra that's starting around June/July 27th (didn't hear which). They are really solid so it might be worth looking at if they come in your area and...you know, your a fan of that sort of thing.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 10, 2019 4:08 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 4:19 PM EDT

Watch Dogs: Legion (3?) News:

Release Date: March 6th, 2020.

• Cinematic Trailer only so far. London is terrible, everyone hates it and the government is the worst. Well that's the plot so far. It's interesting to see a mix of older buildings and the Cyberpunk style signs and general futuristic nature of the game. 
    • So far the character seems to be scanning everyone trying to find new recruits for...eh whatever it is. Very interesting so far I suppose but then again I don't know much about Watch Dogs. Seems to be pretty realistic in terms of damage, guy got shot about once and nearly died. 
    • Drones seem to be a big part of it. Again, note that I don't play Watch Dogs so I'm not really aware of how the games normally work, none of this could be new for all I know. It's pretty interesting so far I suppose. 
    • Okay...so it looks like there might be a permadeath system. So whenever your character dies you choose another operative to continue playing as. It makes for an interesting dynamic if this is the style of the game. It does make it seem a bit weird if this is a main series game rather than a spin-off because it seems a lot like a spin-off. 
    • Anyway, it seems like each operative has different gimmicks, like this one is an old lady who focuses more on tasering and using machines whereas the first one was more focused on being real tough and kicking ass. It really seems like the aim of the game is that you need to switch between operatives rather than following a single protagonist, which creates a fascinating dynamic. 
    • The third operative shown, Naomi is a bit more of an assassin, movement and stealth focused rather than combat or machine like Ian and Old Lady. It really seems like they're trying to sell the multiple characters style of the game. It's possible that it means you need to rely on specific skills for specific missions rather than having the freedom of multiple routes. Could be wrong there, but just based on what they're showing me it looks like each operative was required for their particular mission.
    • Bit weary of how they're going to handle the lack of a binding protagonist. But the game looks really fascinating, has the potential to be great.
    • Alright, so the concept is definitely that anyone can be recruited and join your team. I'm not sure about that because they're trying to sell that each character is completely unique, voiced and has a backstory. Just seems like a bit too much of a stretch to me, it really seems like they've tried to be too innovative here because I can see it being a huge dissapointment or really awesome.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 10, 2019 4:26 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 4:31 PM EDT

Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet (Television Show)

• The game is focused on a creative team releasing the largest expansion for their MMO. Not just any MMO, the biggest one of all time that absolutely better than World of Warcraft. It's supposed to follow them as they struggle with maintaining an MMO, as well as just your normal comedic content in an office-focused comedy. Not as in The Office (UK or US) but you know what I mean. 
    • The main character seems to be an egotistical asshole. Name is Ian Grimm and the trailer seems to be a video he's made essentially selling himself as the product rather than the game. Shirtless shots, messages about how great he is, etc. 
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 4:33 PM EDT

New Rainbow Siege news: 

• 2 New Operatives are joining the team. New content, which I guess means new maps and everything. Honestly not fully sure yet and it seems like it'll be relatively minor (not a full expansion pack or anything, just a bit of new content.) 
    • Warden is the name of a new character. Didn't see the name of the other one and it was really focused on him.
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 4:35 PM EDT

Adventure Time is coming to Brawlhalla is that's something that interests you.

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 4:45 PM EDT

Ghost Reacon: Breakpoint News

Release Date: October 4th but September 5th Beta.

• Everyone is real hungry. Hungry for human flesh, or blood, or war, or something. Just a cinematic trailer that was pretty nice but told us literally nothing about the game. Stars Shane from the Walking Dead I think, at least 99% sure but he's got hair now so I really don't know. Eh...spoiler alert for TWD? 
    • Dude has a dog, because of course he does. Seems like the new faction is called the Wolves, not sure if they're the protagonist faction or the antagonists. It's really hard to tell anything about this game. Okay, yeah Shane and the Wolves are the enemy in this game, but that still doesn't tell us all that much about the game.
    • It seems like the conept is that they're ex-Ghosts who use their former training to...well hunt down and kill Ghosts. The focus seems to be on overwhelming force against skill and tactical knowledge. Not sure which side is which at the moment, but it's a basic, if not cool concept. Yeah seems like the Wolves have the overwhelming firepower and technology in this fight. 
    • Still doesn't tell us all that much about the game which is super annoying. 
    • Wait...are there already multiple Ghost Reacon games? Could've sworn that there was just the one. 
    • Ghost Reacon: Delta Company is some sort of community program? Not entirely sure what it is to be honest, but it seems to be a sort of community out-reach program to bring their fans into the conversation about the game. Things like sharing art, cosplay, etc. Again, the theme of this presentation seems to be giving us vague details at best about everything so they can sell the spectacle. Like, the game looks interesting but I want information here. 
    • YAY COMMUNITY! Having fans doesn't suck (according to them). 
    • Fuck me...another Terminator crossover DLC for a game? Not sure but it seems to be what they were trying to sell at the end there. I literally just saw a game do that yesterday.
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 4:47 PM EDT

Ubisoft Mobile RPG: Tom Clany's Elite Squad

• Seems like a crossover between a bunch of different Ubisoft games. Shooter style game...hard to tell if it's over-the-top or something completely different. Lots of shooting though. 
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 4:50 PM EDT

Just Dance News:

• Yay Dancing?
    • No, Yay Dancing with sticks of some sort. If it weren't for the sticks and the panda it wouldn't be as good (or so I've been told). Yeah look, they're just dancing. No news about the game itself, other than it's coming to all the consoles (including...the Wii U?) and Stadia. It's a November release date. BUt why on earth is anything being released on the Wii? Wii U? WHY, THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!!
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 4:53 PM EDT

For Honor: Limited Time In-Game Event

• Old tale about a village. Samurai came to cleanse the village (of evil I think) and ended up murdering everyone because that's more fun? Very vague of course. 
    • Seems like the concept might be a 3v1 stsyle gameplay. Okay, nevermind it doesn't look like that at all. 
    • Spirits are hungering for souls because of course they are. That's what spirits do sometimes.
    • Sakura is the Spirit of Death. She brought a Curse that will Doom us All. 
    • Shadows of the Hitokiri is the name of the event. 
    • It's only available until June (July?) 27th
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 4:56 PM EDT

Rainbow Six: Quarantine

• Looks like some sort of alienn horror game. Not Alien, just alien. Black goo in the veins, you know normal stuff. 
    • Flashlights and Guns so far. Aliens screaming as well. 
    • Rainbow Six: Quarantine a 3 player co-op game. It does seem like the entire concpet of the game is really focused on on it being PvE survival with horror elements. Could be interesting but it seems like it's purely co-op with no single player mode. At least...so far, they really don't want to give us information on anything. At least Bethesda revealed the concept of their games in clear detail.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 10, 2019 4:56 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 5:02 PM EDT

The Division 2 News:

• Between June 13th and June 16th, the Division 2 will be entirely free to play. But you know, not free, just for the few days.
    • New content expansion coming. Seems to be focused on a larger area than just a city? Not entirely sure but they're showing a lot of different locations in a lot of places, so I think really they just have new map locations? Oh, nevermind it's just the D.C Outskirts Expedition. It is focused more on a wilderlands area rather than the city which is relatively fascinating. 
    • Episode 2 (coming this fall) is focused around the Pentagon. 2nd Raid coming with this particular Expansion.
    • Episode 3...focused around a beach (maybe). They've only given us a cinematic trailer so far without much of an explanation. The concept is that there will be nothing else to safe if you fail, not sure what it means. Maybe Nukes. Coming early 2020.
    • ...the uh Division Movie as a Netflix movie? Are...they going to give it a...no of couse not, trailers are for games (apparently).
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 5:05 PM EDT

uPlay+

• $15 USD a month gets you access to a bunch of Ubisoft games. Not sure if anything else is included, so it seems like a Ubisoft exclusive version of Game Pass only being launched on PC (in 2019). Oh, sorry it's coming to Stadia in 2020.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 10, 2019 5:07 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 5:10 PM EDT

Roller Champions:

• Basketball, American Football and Rollerblading combined? 
    • The E3 Demo is available for the next few days, between the 10th and 14th.
    • It's a team based PvP game that they're calling 'skill-based' which I assume just means that it doesn't ahve any sort of skill based system to make luck/money the biggest issue like any of the other major sports games (2k, Madden, Fifa, etc.). Looks a bit like Rocket League honestly,
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 5:14 PM EDT

Gods & Monsters News:

• Okay, he's talking far too much about a non-historical AC style game. Okay, no it seems like it's inspired by Assassin's Creed but isn't actually AC. 
    • Breath of the Wild style graphics...if Breath of the Wild looked more like a really good mobile game
    • Gods & Monsters, Feb 25th 2020. 
    • That's basically it.
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 5:17 PM EDT

Yep...that was it apparently. Not going to lie I'm pretty dissapointed by this particular conference. I think we got some cool trailers (not many, and the number of games is pretty small) but very little of substance for anything other than Watch Dogs: Legion. A lot of these games still have really confusing premises and a lot of them are being released this year/in a few months so it really doesn't make sense. Bethesda managed to keep things vague, but still give us a fair amount of detail and Microsoft had a pretty solid conference as well. 

Just, they didn't give us any real information on much. Watch Dogs: Legion does look legitimately cool, but I've got to say that it was dissapointing not to hear more about anything else. Ghost Reacon: Breakpoint could be interesting, Mythic Quest is ironically the only thing I'm personally excited for and we barely got any news about that.