Forums » General Gaming

E3 2019 - Microsoft Breakdown

• 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:01 PM EDT

Microsoft Presentation - E3 2019

Hey everyone, welcome to the real start of E3 2019. Yesterday was EA Play as briefly documented in the central thread for E3, but very little happened there so today is the first day as far as I'm concerned. Microsoft starts us off and this thread will detail anything announced in as much detail as possible.

Big News So Far:

• Keanu Reeves is in Cyberpunk 2077. Also it's coming out April 16th, 2020. 
    • Xbox Game Pass for PC is starting its Open Beta today.
    • Xbox Scarlett has been announced as the next-gen Xbox, coming out in the 2020 Holidays.

Other E3 Conferences:

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 12, 2019 2:43 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:03 PM EDT

It looks like The Outer Worlds is getting the first major trailer for the conference which is awesome.

• It seems like a major aspect of the game is (shockingly) going to be a Hero/Villain split of some sort.
    • There are a lot of new weapons were revealed during the trailer. Mostly just a basic sort of, breakdown of what some of them look like for the most part, not sure of any real details but it's cool.
    • Very little was revealed in the trailer to be honest. 
    • The release date for the game is October 25th, 2019. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 7:53 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:08 PM EDT

Something from a company called Ninja Theory is the first new game being revealed. Bleeding Edge is the name of the game.

• It very much looks like a Rage/Borderlands-esque sort of game. Just with the 4v4 sort of...arena vibe I think. It's more the art style and colour pallette that reminds me of Borderlands but it also goes a bit over-the-top crazy at times as well. 
    • It's nothing too crazy to be honest, but seems like a pretty interesting game.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:32 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:09 PM EDT

Looks like an Ori game, not sure about the genre myself but I have to say that it looks like an astonishing platformer. Very visually intricate and plain beautiful to look at. The game is Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Not sure if that's a remaster or a new game, but it's coming out Feb 11, 2020.

EDIT: Definitely think it's a new game now, so that's pretty good.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:23 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:11 PM EDT

Ooh, what we all came from. A new game from the creators of Minecraft, shockingly...it looks more like an Open-World ARPG? Which is sorta weird, but it's also sorta crazy good looking. The idea is almost that it's a Diablo-Clone but, you know with Minecraft which is a fascinating concept in my opinion. Lots of mobs, equipment (with a massive variety of armours and weapons from the looks of it.)

Minecraft Dungeons is the name, coming Spring 2020 with 4 player local and online co-op.

This isn't the E3 trailer or anything, but apparently the game was announced last year so here's a trailer. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:15 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:17 PM EDT

Alright so the big news that Phil Spencer has given us is that uh, the new console will be getting talked about to some degree. No real information on it yet because they need to give us the same Star Wars footage we just saw (I'm hoping they throw in a trailer for Episode 9 as well) but I suppose that not many people gave a shit about EA Play so...double up on that stuff. 

But yeah, New Console News at E3 2019. 

• 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:20 PM EDT

New Horror Game. Reminds me a bit of Slender-Man (mostly just because it's set in a dark forest and you have a flashlight instead of a phone. But there is some sort of camera feature.) Most notably is that you have a mini doggo that comes with you. 

Oh...it's a Blair Witch game, which is weird but sorta interesting.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:33 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:23 PM EDT

Alright, the good stuff. Cyberpunk trailer that starts off with what I hope is unique music in the game. I always love it when games have their own original music when they're making a game. IT doesn't look lik it's going to reveal all that much to be honest, there are guns, cyberpunk stuff, driving.

• The voice actor is really familiar to me...Don't know who it is, but I definitely know him. 
    • OH NO, dude died. 
    • The important thing to consider is that this is a cinematic trailer by the look of things, probably not an actual display of the graphics. I could be wrong (if so, that's excellent) but it looks like it's definitely cinematic purely.
    • The biggest news so far is that Keanu Reeves is actually a part of the game. He might even be a major character of some sort, he could be an ally or a villain and seems like he's going to be that character who could fill both roles during the game. Seems like he might be filling the mentor role for the character, but it's really hard to tell. All I know is that it's bloody awesome. 
    • Someone just yelled out "Your Breathtaking" which, is sort of an awesome reaction. 
    • RELEASE DATE NEWS: April 16 2020... I repeat, APRIL 16th, 2020.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:34 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:29 PM EDT

Greenhat and Doggo is the name of this game and I don't care what they tell me. Not sure what the concept is, some sort of village builder I think? But with animal-people and super glowy death? Oh, and you live on a boat. 

Spiritfarer is the name of the game, and it doesn't look horrible just strange.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:35 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:30 PM EDT

Uh...it might be Battle Toads or something? It's some sort of beat-em-up action game in a cartoon style. Oh nowm they're racing down an obstacle course. Yeah Battletoads. Got no idea why, but yeah.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:35 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:31 PM EDT

Alrighgt, this looks kind of fascinating. It's some sort of hand-drawn game, that...okay it started out as just pencil (uncoloured) but now it has coloured scenes which really kinda sucks. Not sure what the exact concept is, and it honestly looks like more of a Nintendo-esque game than anything else, but it has characters and levels and equipment. 

The Legend of Wright is the name...I think.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:43 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:40 PM EDT

Very pretty looking game with mountains and stuff. City by the sea, planes...eh, I think it's just a flight simulator, which is a baffling thing to announce at E3. No offense to those that like the style of gaming, but it's such a niche audience (and while it looks pretty) but they aren't exactly going to pull in that many new players with a reveal trailer. Anyone who enjoys Flight Sims would buy it, those that don't won't be.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:45 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:42 PM EDT

Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition including a new campaign Rise of Khans. Awesome, but eh it's not that big, it was already revealed and all, but it's just Microsoft taking the game back from whoever did AoE 2: HD Edition. Really wish it was Age of Empires 4 news.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:45 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:46 PM EDT

Psychonauts 2, if that's something you were waiting for. Honestly just not a game I've heard of but the president of the company is sorta hilarious. Might be a good sign, but it's some sort of weird alien game thing? Or is it a body-platformer...as in there's a lot of teeth and organ-looking things floating about. Not sure, but sorta interesting.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 6:13 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:47 PM EDT

Lego Star Wars stuff, The Skywalker Saga which comes out next year and covers all nine games. Kylo builds a Darth Vader snowman, that is all.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:50 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:49 PM EDT

Dragon Ball game. It's actually looking really awesome, bit more explosive than some of the other games, with a lot more attacks. Oh it's the Dragon Ball Project Z also called Kakarot. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 4:56 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:51 PM EDT

Okay, this is actually a really fascinating concept. It looks like some sort of time travel mystery thing? I'm really not sure but the two characters are in a small area together and the dude knows some of what happened. It definitely seems like a Groundhog Day sorta concept. 12 Minutes...an interactive thriller game which looks fascinating.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 6:08 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:53 PM EDT

Eh, some sort of Deer based...game? Not entirely sure what it's about other than headbutting things and glowing stuff so far. Way of the Woods, coming 2020.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 6:08 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 4:55 PM EDT

Gears of War 5 reveal trailer (I think). Lots of faces and blurriness. I don't know enough about the franchise but it might be called Bound by Blood? I'm just not entirely sure what the hell that was about, made about as much sense as the Death Stranding trailer from last year. September 10th release date for Gears of War 5 (just called Gears 5, because...you know).

New game mode called Escape which is focused around dropping a bomb off in enemy territory. You know, hardly a unique concept but they're trying to make it seem like they just invented the wheel.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 5:09 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:02 PM EDT

There's uh...a new, customizible controller? Which is pretty cool, it has multiple 'settings' so you can have three different control layouts connected to the controller itself rather than the game (not sure why that's useful). 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 6:13 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:06 PM EDT

There's a new Dying Light 2 trailer which had a lot more of a story focus rather than just Gameplay and really sells that it seems like it'll be a focus this year. For those that aren't aware, Chris Avellone is part of the writing team (leading it probably) and that makes me pretty excited for the game's story. It seems like people are going to be the focus in this game, with groups being a lot larger than they were during Dying Light 1, and possibly being a bit more civilized with some sort of actual police unit and organizations.

Spring 2020 was also given as a release date

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 5:10 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:06 PM EDT

Forza Horizen 4: Lego DLC...

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 6:12 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:09 PM EDT

Shit, was a bit glitchy so I missed whatever that was...Something zombie looking, possibly even some sort of Walking Dead game, just not sure (and will update when I figure it out).

EDIT: I still have no idea what this was...it might not even be a zombie game and it'll have to wait until I go back through the stream and find exactly what was actually revealed. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 6:12 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:11 PM EDT

I think it's supposed to be a really big JRPG MMO...JMMORPG? No idea but it's coming to Xbox and is called Phantasy Star Online 2. Never heard of it but looked pretty fascinating.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 6:11 PM EDT
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:12 PM EDT

Dragonborn2121 said:

Alright, the good stuff. Cyberpunk trailer that starts off with what I hope is unique music in the game. I always love it when games have their own original music when they're making a game. IT doesn't look lik it's going to reveal all that much to be honest, there are guns, cyberpunk stuff, driving.

• The voice actor is really familiar to me...Don't know who it is, but I definitely know him. 
    • OH NO, dude died. 
    • The important thing to consider is that this is a cinematic trailer by the look of things, probably not an actual display of the graphics. I could be wrong (if so, that's excellent) but it looks like it's definitely cinematic purely.
    • The biggest news so far is that Keanu Reeves is actually a part of the game. He might even be a major character of some sort, he could be an ally or a villain and seems like he's going to be that character who could fill both roles during the game. Seems like he might be filling the mentor role for the character, but it's really hard to tell. All I know is that it's bloody awesome. 
    • Someone just yelled out "Your Breathtaking" which, is sort of an awesome reaction. 
    • RELEASE DATE NEWS: April 16 2020... I repeat, APRIL 16th, 2020.

The VA does sounds familiar... I know it's a stretch, but he reminds me of Jesse from Breaking Bad (Aaron Paul). Could it be him?

I think the dude dying isn't set in stone, and it depends on your actions.

I have a feeling Dexter DeShawn will be a major antagonist in Cyberpunk 2077. I don't think that's up to the player. Also, Keanu is always a joy to see.

I think you talked about the music in Discord, right? I remember reading somewhere that they were making/comissioning exclusive music to use in the game.

Okay, I have until April 16 to buy at least a new GPU.