Forums » Elder Scrolls

Character Chat: Taladran Sarethi

• 1467 posts
    June 3, 2019 9:27 PM EDT

Been a bit since I've commented since the main thing I've been working on is just playing through the character a bit and sorting out my load order. I've managed one Vanilla playthrough on PS4 that I ended at around Level 40. It was more about figuring out the general combat style of Taladran and breaking down the major quests that he'd complete and it really managed that. Since getting my Laptop I've now played around 10 levels on one playthrough and started a new one jusst yesterday that's expanded the mod list to (HOPEFULLY) slow the game down a bit. Not that I got really far in that Level 10 playthrough but I downloaded a few mods to make the game generally harder (Trade and Barter as the main one, with Hunterborn, Frostfall and Realistic Needs) as well as the mod, Experience which changes how you level. Basically it creates a difference between Skill Levelling and Character Levelling by giving you EXP for your Character Level when you find new locations, clear them, finish quests, etc. 

Experience Link, I also decided on not including the combat-based EXP rewards because I thought my character should level at a good enough clip without them, and my skills level in combat anyway. So I get rewarded for almost everything now which is really sweet. Kinda wish it was a bit more similar to Enderal's levelling, which is incredible but this is still really good so far. 

• 1595 posts
    June 4, 2019 9:52 AM EDT

The more I see of it, the more I like this Character Chat concept. It's like a scrapbook of ideas, log updates and creativity connected to one character that keeps you invested by its nature. I think I've seen two videos of Sarethi now, and read your story so far, so it's fun watching the character grow and evolve.

• 1467 posts
    June 4, 2019 9:26 PM EDT

The more I see of it, the more I like this Character Chat concept. It's like a scrapbook of ideas, log updates and creativity connected to one character that keeps you invested by its nature. I think I've seen two videos of Sarethi now, and read your story so far, so it's fun watching the character grow and evolve.

It's a hell of a lot of fun to just hyper focus on one character honestly. The amount of time I've spent with Taladran so far really outstrips most of my recent attempts at playing and has kept me really hooked on a lot of different things. I think it's just a lot more fluid than any other style of creating a charactre because you can go off in a bunch of different directions and still maintain a bit of focus by binding it to the character. 

Like, I haven't written much for that story but I still sorta feel like I'm on track with the character because I'm just playing the game and enjoying it (and getting the videos up and all that). Usually by now I start to feel like I've lost track of where I'm going and I sort of stop putting as much energy into the character, but I feel like I'm still going strong :D

Glad your enjoying it though Phil, honestly hope it might be something that others pick up but as long as this is enjoyable I'm pretty damn happy :D