Forums » The Lounge

Let's talk about GOTS8: Rules

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 13, 2019 3:25 PM EDT

Howdy. Some of you might remember that back in the day I used to do weekly discussions following every Game of Thrones episode. I intend to do that again for the last season, just to share my thoughts really, but I would love if you could participate and talk about it with me.

That said, in the very beginning we had some problems regarding spoilers. Even if it wasn't our intention, some of our comments in these discussions showed up on the main page and ended up spoiling people who were just scrolling by or, inside the discussion, ended up spoiling people who hadn't read the books. With that in mind, this post will be dedicated to setting up some rules and providing a template to paste in every comment you write in our weekly discussions, before writing your own thoughts on your comment. This template will also be posted at the top of every GOTS8 discussion I post, for your convenience.

By the way, you'll have to use the template. Please:

SPOILER WARNING! Do not click on "more" if you don't want to be spoiled! This discussion contains spoilers for Game of Thrones Season 8, previous seasons of the show, the "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series and related works by George R. R. Martin. If you haven't watched this episode yet, leave now, for the discussion is dark, and full of spoilers...

Rules for how our weekly discussions are going to work:

1. Before starting to write your comment, make sure you have pasted the template provided before you actually write your comment. Only post your comment if the template is on the top of your comment.

2. Absolutely no references, links or even mentions to leaked plot points. ABSOLUTELY NO LEAKED SPOILERS AT ALL. NO LEAKS. NO LEAK!

3. If you're going to reference events that happened in the book series or related work and haven't happened in the show, provide a second warning, even if you have already used the template (which you must use). This second warning can be posted only before your actual book spoilers.

4. Don't mention actor schedules, filming days, interviews or anything like that to prove a point. Better to not even bring it up. Should an actor end up spoiling something accidentally, during an interview, DO NOT REPLICATE THAT SPOILER HERE.

5. NO LEAKED SPOILERS!

That is all.

Valar Morghulis.

This post was edited by Mr. at April 13, 2019 3:34 PM EDT
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 13, 2019 3:25 PM EDT

SPOILER WARNING! This discussion contains spoilers for Game of Thrones Season 8, previous seasons of the show, the "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series and related works by George R. R. Martin. If you haven't watched this episode yet, leave now, for the discussion is dark, and full of spoilers...

This is just a test to see what shows up in the main page. This is just a test to see what shows up in the main page. This is just a test to see what shows up in the main page. This is just a test to see what shows up in the main page. This is just a test to see what shows up in the main page. This is just a test to see what shows up in the main page. This is just a test to see what shows up in the main page. This is just a test to see what shows up in the main page.

This post was edited by Mr. at April 13, 2019 3:26 PM EDT
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 13, 2019 3:29 PM EDT

SPOILER WARNING! Do not click on "more" if you don't want to be spoiled! This discussion contains spoilers for Game of Thrones Season 8, previous seasons of the show, the "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series and related works by George R. R. Martin. If you haven't watched this episode yet, leave now, for the discussion is dark, and full of spoilers...

Sorry for spams, just sorting this out. It is settled.