Forums » The Lounge

POLL Where are you in the world?

    • 773 posts
    March 1, 2019 9:12 AM EST

    A bit of fun for this month's poll. Nothing especially to do with Skyrim or Fallout or gaming at all...

    Where are you in the world?

    Very simply, this is your opportunity to tell us where you live. If you're feeling brave, then post on this thread to give us more about your location.

    • 750 posts
    March 1, 2019 3:01 PM EST

    I'm in South America, a proud "gaucho" from the southernmost state of Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul.


    This post was edited by Mr. Edd at March 1, 2019 3:02 PM EST
    • 551 posts
    March 1, 2019 6:22 PM EST

    Where I come from, we don't give out personal information for free.

    • 1454 posts
    March 1, 2019 9:21 PM EST

    Take that America, we're (the rest of the world) kicking ass in the poll. 

    Doesn't spoil anything but I'm as Aussie as they come...Well okay not really, but I'm Australian so that's at least pretty close. 

    • 70 posts
    March 2, 2019 5:34 AM EST
    I live in a small town in Germany ^^
    • 49 posts
    March 2, 2019 1:28 PM EST

    I'm from a small town sandwiched between Bradford & Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK. Both places are shitholes. I really should move to a decent area...


    This post was edited by Teekus at March 2, 2019 1:29 PM EST
    • 773 posts
    March 2, 2019 2:48 PM EST

    Teekus said:

    I'm from a small town sandwiched between Bradford & Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK. Both places are shitholes. I really should move to a decent area...

    Brighouse at a guess?

    I'm in Leeds ;) 

    • 197 posts
    March 2, 2019 8:44 PM EST
    Grew up in the American south (The Hunger Games used my county to film their District 12 scenes), but I live in the Pacific Northwest now, near Seattle, at least for the next few months. We might have to move again in the fall.
    • 393 posts
    March 4, 2019 2:53 AM EST

    Soon-to-be North Korea 2.0 Russia. Not surprised people don't remember this frozen wasteland exists, wish I could forget it myself.

    • 750 posts
    March 4, 2019 9:31 PM EST

    Justiciar Thorien said:

    Soon-to-be North Korea 2.0 Russia. Not surprised people don't remember this frozen wasteland exists, wish I could forget it myself.

    Almost the entirety of Russian territory is on Asia, though, no?

    • 26 posts
    March 4, 2019 11:15 PM EST

    I live in North America, near the top of new york state

     


    This post was edited by Hasir at March 4, 2019 11:16 PM EST
    • 393 posts
    March 5, 2019 2:35 AM EST

    Mr. Edd said:

    Justiciar Thorien said:

    Soon-to-be North Korea 2.0 Russia. Not surprised people don't remember this frozen wasteland exists, wish I could forget it myself.

    Almost the entirety of Russian territory is on Asia, though, no?

    Actually, about 1/3 of it is in Europe, and most of the major cities are in that part. I live in Moscow, the capital, which is in the middle of the European part. The whole place is literal Skyrim, with winter that lasts 2/3 of the year and full of wild barely-literate Nords.

    • 280 posts
    March 6, 2019 10:03 AM EST

    Justiciar Thorien said:

    Soon-to-be North Korea 2.0 Russia. Not surprised people don't remember this frozen wasteland exists, wish I could forget it myself.

    I know this is a question you could've forseen, but do you like the Metro games? They are set in Moscow.

     

    I'm from the lovely country called Croatia. Or the Republic of Croatia for all you politicaly informed people. We have one of the most beautiful coasts on the Mediterranean and a rich medieval history of keeping the rest of Europe safe and sound during the Ottoman invasions. I live in the northern part of the country which should normally see a lot of snow around these last few months but you know, global warming.

    • 393 posts
    March 6, 2019 12:35 PM EST

    Actually, I was quite fond of the Metro books, back in the old times when there weren't any games based on them. As for the games, I'm not a big fan of the post-apocalyptic genre, so I haven't played the games. I live in Moscow though, and I can tell you that the Moscow Metro is really spectacular, it's like the Blackreach and all the Dwemer cities)) It will be one of the things I'll miss after I escape from here.

    The Croatian language sounds a little bit like Russian, doesn't it?)))

    • 49 posts
    March 6, 2019 1:55 PM EST

    Paul - you are very close :) I live in Scholes, Cleckheaton. I'm from Leeds originally.


    This post was edited by Teekus at March 6, 2019 1:56 PM EST
    • 86 posts
    March 6, 2019 2:59 PM EST
    I’m from Montreal, Canada. Yes it’s friking cold here.
    • 280 posts
    March 7, 2019 7:17 AM EST

    Justiciar Thorien said:

    Actually, I was quite fond of the Metro books, back in the old times when there weren't any games based on them. As for the games, I'm not a big fan of the post-apocalyptic genre, so I haven't played the games. I live in Moscow though, and I can tell you that the Moscow Metro is really spectacular, it's like the Blackreach and all the Dwemer cities)) It will be one of the things I'll miss after I escape from here.

    The Croatian language sounds a little bit like Russian, doesn't it?)))

    Well, we are both Slavic and the languages aactually share a lot of the same words.

    • 393 posts
    March 7, 2019 9:18 AM EST

    DeltaFox said:

    Well, we are both Slavic and the languages aactually share a lot of the same words.

    Yes, but only a few of the Slavic languages sound similarly.

    • 166 posts
    March 7, 2019 2:59 PM EST

    Here , I highly recommend to visit at least once for vacation. :D

    • 393 posts
    March 7, 2019 3:56 PM EST

    Must be really warm and nice there.

    • 12 posts
    March 8, 2019 10:06 AM EST
    Canada, Ontario specifically. Been a long winter here too but with global warming it's been very variable in terms of how cold it is. Out here in the country surrounded by Nords too, if loving hockey qualifies you as one.
    • 12 posts
    March 8, 2019 10:07 AM EST
    Canada, Ontario specifically. Been a long winter here too but with global warming it's been very variable in terms of how cold it is. Out here in the country surrounded by Nords too, if loving hockey qualifies you as one.
    • 104 posts
    March 8, 2019 11:06 AM EST

    Scotland, small mining village called Kirkconnel, on the west coast which borders East Ayrshire 8 miles away beautiful part of the world, but then I am slightly bias.

    • 166 posts
    March 8, 2019 1:54 PM EST

    Justiciar Thorien said:

    Must be really warm and nice there.

    Yep even though there are some places which are pretty damn cold up north which is natural as you move down after March the weather gets much more mild and warm. Where I live this change started this week, that being said though there are all sorts of bugs/insects coming out with this weather and I hate the damn things to no end.

    • 26 posts
    March 8, 2019 2:46 PM EST
    Bonelord, I went to Scotland last August. I visited Kinlochleven, Edinborough, Pitlochree, Skye and a few other sights as well. I would love to go back. I have not been to Kirkconnel, however.
    This post was edited by Hasir at March 8, 2019 2:47 PM EST