Forums » Elder Scrolls

Showcase your main characters for ES III, IV, V !!

• 167 posts
    January 26, 2019 10:23 PM EST

Who are you?

Well, what the title says. One of the parts I like the most since I started playing rpgs and mmorpgs is to gather with online or real life friends and engage in a full nerd discussion about character builds, progression etc.

With this post I would like to ask people to present their more personal / main / go to type of characters in these ES games. If anyone has played previous ES games like Daggerfall they could present their character from that game as well. Also if you wish to throw a photo of your character throw it in.

I 'll make the start:

Morrowind: None. Haven't played Morrowind but it is high in my list of games to play so no character for now.

Oblivion:  Race: Altmer - Birthsign: Warrior - Class: Wizard / Monk - Alignment: Chaotic Good - Skills: Hand to Hand, Acrobatics, Alteration, Restoration, Conjuration, Mysticism, Alchemy.

Description / Origin: He was born in a wealthy merchant family of Firsthold. He never wanted to be just a merchant so he decided to roam Tamriel and become an explorer, an adventurer, a scholar and also deepen his knowledge and experiences in regards to the arcane. He is an upstanding individual for the most part but he might get his hands dirty here and there if the need arises (gotta get them artifacts :P).

Skyrim: Race: Altmer or Nord - Stone (Birthsign): Mage - Class: Arcane Archer - Alignment: Chaotic Neutral - Skills: Archery, Hand to Hand, Alteration, Restoration, Conjuration, Enchanting, Speech and sometimes Destruction for cloaks/runes. 

Description / Origin: He was born in one of High Rock's five kingdoms the kingdom of Evermore. His parents were notable figures in High Rock and Hammerfell owning a mercenary company and working mostly for various noble families. His parents disappeared without a word when he was about five or six years old and he was given to a noble family to oversee his upbringing. When he came of age he decided to travel in order to broaden his horizons, temper himself, pursue arcane knowledge and try to explore and acquire "things" preferably of historical or magical value. He will put himself and his freedom first and foremost and won't go out of his way to ever cause harm but he will certainly get his hands dirty whenever he sees fit. 

This post was edited by Duvain at January 26, 2019 10:27 PM EST
    • 393 posts
    January 30, 2019 7:46 AM EST

I'm not entirely sure whether the character's skills really answer the question "who are you?" but anyway.

Morrowind:

Name: Henantier Race: Altmer Age: 182 Birthsign: Lover Place of birth: Corinthe Alignment: Neutral Class: Scout/Assassin Skills: Sneak, Marksman, Destruction, Alchemy, Long Blade, Acrobatics, Alteration, Security, Athletics, Speechcraft

Description: Henantier's parents died when he was little and he spent most of his childhood and youth in the streets of Corinthe, first as an urchin, begging and stealing to survive, and later as a cheap thug for hire. Eventually, he managed to leave Elsweyr and traveled for many decades, doing jobs for all sorts of factions and people across Tamriel. He has no big goals in his life, nor loyalties of political alignment. He is a casual Daedra-worshipper.

Oblivion:

Name: Olvir Race: Nord Age: 29 Birthsign: Thief Place of birth: Bruma Alignment: Neutral Good Class: Thief Skills: Sneak, Acrobatics, Marksman, Security, Illusion, Speechcraft, Mercantile

Description: His mom used to work in a small apothecary shop in Bruma, but he had never had an interest in alchemy. After her death, he went to Imperial City, not knowing what to do with his life, and ended up with the Thieves Guild. He isn't very religious, but respects the Aedra and believes most Daedra to be evil.

Don't have any images of these two, Morrowind and Oblivion graphics make me wince.

Skyrim:

Name: Nalfien Race: Altmer Age: 66 Stone (Birthsign): Shadow Place of birth: Alinor Alignment: Lawful Good Class: umm... well, I guess Thalmor Agent Skills: Sneak, Illusion, Enchanting, Destruction, Conjuration, Lockpicking, Alteration, Speech

Description: Nalfien is a mer of noble descent. His father had served as the High Justiciar and his mother, although not very important herself, belonged to one of the most ancient and powerful clans in Alinor, so he always knew he was going to be a member of the Thalmor. At first he had wanted to be a scholar and even got an academic degree at a university, but in the end, decided to follow the steps of his father's ancestors and became a Justiciar. He is very dedicated to his job, and generally, dedicated to the Altmeri ways, his very Altmeri family and his faith.

This is how he looks.

I just realized that they all are somewhat... on the green side))

• 167 posts
    January 30, 2019 6:49 PM EST

@Thorien - Hm, yeah  the skills don't quite answer the question but still they are  a part of what makes the character so I thought it 'd be good to have them mentioned.

They look good and quite green indeed. All my first characters in the ES games I 've played (Oblivion, Skyrim) were the sneaky/assassin if you see the ones I mention above in both games I 've played them with sneaky versions, who doesn't enjoy some sneak /godmode character every now and then. :P

• 33 posts
    January 30, 2019 8:52 PM EST
    Morrowind - race: argonian, oblivion - race Argonian, skyrim - race: argonian name: Hasir age: 21 alignment: chaotic good Description: he was born in blackmarsh under the sign of the shadow. He has loved the water ever since he was an infant. He is a hybrid wolf bat due to his mother being a hybrid and his father being a werewolf. His mother, Drujeeta, was a mystic in the pjiisic order. She taught him to use his mind to its full potential. His father, Juleen taught him to catch fish. He is a very stubborn reptile with a fiery temper.
    • 1467 posts
    January 31, 2019 1:15 AM EST

Damn, I've really got nothing to contribute here. NEver really had anything I'd consider a Main Character and it's been far too long since I started any of the games that I can't even remember my first complete playthrough or anything like that. 

• 393 posts
    January 31, 2019 3:10 AM EST

Duvain said:

@Thorien - Hm, yeah  the skills don't quite answer the question but still they are  a part of what makes the character so I thought it 'd be good to have them mentioned.

They look good and quite green indeed. All my first characters in the ES games I 've played (Oblivion, Skyrim) were the sneaky/assassin if you see the ones I mention above in both games I 've played them with sneaky versions, who doesn't enjoy some sneak /godmode character every now and then. :P

Ikr, but I was very tempted to add more things.

I tend to play sneaky types often but don't like assassins much, spy/scout types are more of my thing. You know, the ones who don't even need to fight in some cases. But these three even have green birthsigns. With my Dawnguard character (also an Altmer, but more on the red side) they make a full set of green constellations)))

• 167 posts
    January 31, 2019 7:04 AM EST

@Blindcurve - Oh an Argonian fan. :D  I find Argonians pretty cool but I could only play mine as apostates or something like that meaning that they never received the hist sap which also means that my Argonians never connected with Argonian characters society. They make pretty cool rangers / assassins. Interesting for him being a werebeast is this a connection to Hircine? Something to note though it would be pretty hard to see an Argonian (his mother) joining the Psijics I think these boys over at Arteum wouldn't let someone who isn't an Altmer or at least Mer to join them.

@Dragonborn - Oh I too had more characters/builds that I could say like my Atronach battlemage in Oblivion or my Orc sneak conjurer/necromancer for Skyrim. You could just mention some builds you remember that liked or had fun the most when you played them.

@Thorien - Oh the more things added the better. Me too scout/rangers with a bit of magic or just some alchemy are some of my favorite characters and don't go the assassin route too often. One character I enjoyed the most and was thinking to mention him above playing in Skyrim was my sneak summoner Orc. I used Alteration, Conjuration, Sneak and Illusion only for quiet casting none of the other spells and some bound weapons here and there with very few perks in warrior trees and I made him the total coward/sneaky type and the total I don't want to do this but I will do it because I 'm a good guy. :P

• 393 posts
    January 31, 2019 11:00 AM EST

Something to note though it would be pretty hard to see an Argonian (his mother) joining the Psijics I think these boys over at Arteum wouldn't let someone who isn't an Altmer or at least Mer to join them.

Do you consider Orcs mer? If yes, then you might be right. If no, ESO proves you wrong.

@Thorien - Oh the more things added the better. Me too scout/rangers with a bit of magic or just some alchemy are some of my favorite characters and don't go the assassin route too often. One character I enjoyed the most and was thinking to mention him above playing in Skyrim was my sneak summoner Orc. I used Alteration, Conjuration, Sneak and Illusion only for quiet casting none of the other spells and some bound weapons here and there with very few perks in warrior trees and I made him the total coward/sneaky type and the total I don't want to do this but I will do it because I 'm a good guy. :P

I could post a full profile on each character, but doubt it would be appropriate.

My ideal character is a stealthy mage, but I like archers too. These were my first Skyrim characters - the sneaky mage for the main game and the archer for Dawnguard (Auri-El's bow and all). Conjuration is not a school I use much though - my fellow knows only one spell, Soul Trap, so in his case it's more of Mysticism.

Lol, how exactly being a coward is equal to being a bad guy?))))

• 167 posts
    January 31, 2019 1:18 PM EST

@Thorien - Wait in ESO there are other races apart from Altmer that are part of the Psijics like legit Psijic monks? Didn't the Psijics left Altmer society in the first place because they wanted to keep the old ways and their purity in regards to their traditions and be close to the Aldmer and all that? I don't think the ancestors, the Aldmer would be happy to have a Nord or an Argonian or Redguard or w/e being part of their group and take part in their rites, according to them these are the descendants/creations of the Wandering Ehlnofey their enemies. I 've never played ESO but my guess is that to please the players that like and have characters of another race they went ahead and put whoever it is being able to join the order. The further I could see someone non Altmer being part of the Psijics would be as a guest to the island but never a legit part of them. Unless I 'm missing somerhing from the lore about the Psijics.

My ideal character is a wizard/monkish playstyle with some sneak mixed in. I like to use conjuration quite a bit for bound weapons and the occassional deadra summons. My go to for magic is Alteration, Restoration, Conjuration.

Ah I didn't mean that he was a bad guy because he was a coward on the contrary I think he was a pretty cool character because despite being weak for the most part he still went ahead to do his thing.

This post was edited by Duvain at January 31, 2019 1:21 PM EST
    • 393 posts
    January 31, 2019 2:08 PM EST

The Psijics have been accepting other races into their order for centuries. In Skyrim you can see Altmer and Bosmer among them. In ESO there is also an Orc.

I'm not a fan of weapons. Nothing is better than magic. I've always loved Sith and their lightnings)) And Conjuration smells too much of Daedra worship, so I rarely use it.

Haha. I also have such a one, and also an Orc. But she is not exactly a coward, just a civilian.

• 33 posts
    January 31, 2019 3:31 PM EST

Morrowind: Argonian, Oblivion: Argonian Skyrim: Argonian name: Hasir age: 21 Alignment Chaotic good Backstory: He was born in Blackmarsh under the sign of the shadow. He had to flee to Morrowind because a fire destroyed his town. He journeyed to Akavir with his family to unlock his full potential. He loved the water since he was a hachling. He is a hybrid wolf bat because his father, Juleen, was a wereolf and his mother, Drujeeta, was a hybrid. she taught him to use his mind to its fullest potential. Juleen taught him to fish. He is a stubborn reptile with a fiery temper. He is the gamma in the frostmoon pack, with Majni being the Alpha and Hasir’s girlfriend is the alphaess.

This post was edited by Hasir at December 11, 2021 8:16 PM EST
    • 167 posts
    January 31, 2019 4:21 PM EST

@Blindcurve - Now that you mention the hybrid wolf/bat of your character it 'd be interesting if they were to add more werebeast variants to turn into in future games. I think in Daggerfall you could turn into a wereboar as well along with the werewolf option. Also my mistake it seems that it's possible for people of other races to be part of the Psijics. :P 

• 167 posts
    January 31, 2019 4:37 PM EST

@Thorien - Oh really, always thought they were all in for purity and Aldmer traditions and they wouldn't allow people of other races to get in. I looked into it a bit and I think there is in a book something mentioning a Nord being a member of the Psijics, not sure but looking into it.

Yeah I 'm also a magic type of person but it's just that I tend to like the type of magic that stucks buffs on me or debuffs enemies and then going in for the kill and magic weapons often help with this. I always use bound weapons so my characters have to be magic inclined in some way to do so. :P

• 393 posts
    January 31, 2019 4:56 PM EST

I think whatever guys of other races in the Psijic order are still a minority in comparison to the Altmeri members, due to the vast difference in education and, well, age. But there are some, it's a fact.

I like Illusion (isn't it hilarious when your enemies kill ech other for you) and destruction (raw power is badass).

• 167 posts
    January 31, 2019 5:14 PM EST

@Thorien - Yeah they should be a minority due to the differences. Regarding age I believe after a certain point great mages should be eble to extend their lifespan some way or another maybe through magic like restoration and not go the casual necromancy route. 

Oh yes Illusion is fun to play and kinda ridiculous. Destruction has that raw power feeling to it. Whenever I play a character focusing on Destruction I find myself always focusing much more on lightning spells and more so when using perk mods with paths for the different elements.

• 393 posts
    January 31, 2019 7:09 PM EST

Never encountered any mention of a human managing to extend their lifespan, correct me if I'm mistaken. Only elves are known to do that.

I usually pick one or two branches of Destruction tree, never all of them.

• 321 posts
    January 31, 2019 7:24 PM EST
    Well there's Abnur Tharn who's lived for over 117 years, and he still looks like someone in his late 50s.
    This post was edited by A-Pocky-Hah! at January 31, 2019 7:31 PM EST
    • 1441 posts
    January 31, 2019 8:30 PM EST
    Savos does hint at extending ones lifespan if they're talented
    • 393 posts
    February 1, 2019 2:53 AM EST

A-Pocky-Hah! said:

Well there's Abnur Tharn who's lived for over 117 years, and he still looks like someone in his late 50s.

117 is not some insanely long lifespan, there have been people IRL who lived to that age, and quite a few in TES who lived to similar ages. I'd think it doesn't work for humans exactly the same way it does for elves. Maybe they can live a few years more, and improve their health, but not 300 years.

Chris said:

Savos does hint at extending ones lifespan if they're talented

Who knows what he really means.

This post was edited by Justiciar Thorien at February 1, 2019 3:01 AM EST
    • 33 posts
    February 6, 2019 10:02 AM EST

I haven't played any Elder Scrolls game other than Skyrim (yes I know, I'm a lil baby buoy). My Skyrim main is Ragnar, a Nord thief; I dressed him like a beggar, don't teach him any magic, and I basically play him as a common burglar, hanging around cities and picking pockets off of rich-looking people. I basically wanted a thief that didn't depend on the Thieves' Guild, which meant that he needed to be too smalltime for them to care. Or at least that was the idea; powerscaling meant that I ended up infiltrating Understone keep, and, as one does in such a situation, left everyone inside in their underwears.

• 56 posts
    February 27, 2019 3:50 PM EST

Gwynnifer "Gwynn" Dubois 

Skyrim (Nintendo Switch)

Race: Breton - Stone (Birthsign): Warrior - Class: Ranger - Alignment: Chaotic Neutral - Skills: Archery, Sneak, One-Handed, Speech, Light Armor, Alchemy, Restoration, Illusion.

Description / Origin: Gwynnifer Dubois, a relative of the infamous Dark Brotherhood Listener Alisanne Dupre, was born to a wealthy Breton couple and was trained since childhood to overtake the family merchant business. However, young Gwynn had no intentions to end up as a merchant and decided to run away and travel the world instead. She was always fascinated by the stories she heard about her distant cousin Alisanne Dupre, although her mother disowned that part of the family tree and forbid her to research into it. While traveling around Tamriel, Gwynn picked up some skills that allowed her to live a solitary life as a ranger. When Gwynn heard about a tribe living in solitude on a far distant island, she got intrigued to visit Skyrim. Her personality is quite simple to describe. She's manipulative and opportunistic. Gwynn knows how to make the right choices at the right time in order to make profit. Although her intentions are not always clear right away, she is no backstabber - she doesn't care about emotional connections.

• 12 posts
    March 10, 2019 9:56 PM EDT

Oh, this is delightful - I admit, I've kept similair characters throughout the games. Of course, changing where appropriate. Not running around with faces that thousands of years old. So instead of writing different for each one, for the first several games I played a Breton called Jocilyn, who has returned and remains my main even in Elder Scrolls Online

I will start with the Jocilyn of the main games before ESO!

Arena | Daggerfall | Battlespire | Oblivion | Skyrim

Name: Jocilyn Race: Breton Age: 22 Birthsign: The Ritual Place of birth: High Rock Alignment: Chaotic Good Class: Battlemage

Description | Origin: 
    Born that of a Farmer's daughter outside the city of Wayrest, Jocilyn has always been a woman with a heart of gold, but her heart of gold isn't always the right decision. She was raised to value what she had, and that helping someone was more beneficial than trying to take something from them. Training with the Mages Guild - she studied under the teachings of Lord Julianos & Lived her life peacefully among her books.

Morrowind

Name: Cyethrillion Race: Bosmer Age: 130 Birthsign: The Warrior Place of birth: Elden Root Alignment: Neutral Evil Class: Ranger

Description | Origin: Born among the trees of Valenwood to a large tribe, a curious creature that wished to see the world and ended up in the Xenophobic realms of Morrowind.

Elder Scrolls Online (Also the Current Jocilyn!)

Name: Jocilyn T. Dunkara Race: Breton Age: 29 Birthsign: The Ritual Place of birth: High Rock Alignment: Chaotic Good Class: Battlemage

Description | Origin: The Story of Jocilyn remains the same with a few tweaks, still the daughter of a Farmer. But her family meets a tragic fate, as she quickly learns the reality of the world when her Father signs a contract to the Daedric Prince Hircine to bless his family-line, thus causing himself & Jocilyn's mother to be killed. Evelyn, Jocilyn's sister & Jocilyn surviving due to the quick wits of the Young Breton, who had run away when her Father tried to have her commit to his choices, which she refused. She still became a student of Julianos, but her life would change as she would become the High Priestess of a Dibellan House, the Covent of Our Lady, with her Wife & Prioress Briza.

She currently lives now on the Gold Coast, serving Tamriel to the best of her ability, and showing a different side to the often rumored teachings of the Bright Lady.