Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hey Everybody

• January 25, 2019 11:05 AM EST

Hey guys. I guess you would say I'm new to the site as I just made an account, but I'm not really. I've been coming here to look at different Skyrim builds for a while. I've made a couple of builds before and, being inspired by the great ones on here, I hope I can make a good one. I'm already working on my first build! Anyway, I've been playing the Elder Scrolls and Fallout for years, so this site is perfect for me and I'm glad to be here :)

This post was edited by PaarthurnaxTheWhite at January 25, 2019 11:06 AM EST
    • 1467 posts
    January 25, 2019 5:22 PM EST

Welcome (officially) to the site Paarthurnax, it's always great to see someone who's followed builds here for awhile and even more awesome when they join to create their own. Do you have any favourites that might have inspired you in particular?

If you do have any questions, just let me know and I'll do what I can if you need help or just want to chat about builds :D

• 167 posts
    January 25, 2019 7:31 PM EST

Hello Paarthurnax and welcome! Like DB said above if you need anything ask away.

This post was edited by Duvain at January 25, 2019 7:37 PM EST
  • January 26, 2019 12:29 AM EST
    Thanks guys :) No builds in particular inspired this specific build I'm working on at the moment (which I should work on in the workshop, right?), because it was inspired by something I saw on pinterest. However, I have been just generally inspired by several different builds I've seen like this sneaky orc that I believe was called The Greenskin, and the vampire build The Bloodthirster, and the necromancer called The Chirurgeon. Is there a particular spot where I could just talk about my build idea before I actually start writing anything?
    • 1467 posts
    January 26, 2019 12:35 AM EST
    Thanks guys :) No builds in particular inspired this specific build I'm working on at the moment (which I should work on in the workshop, right?), because it was inspired by something I saw on pinterest. However, I have been just generally inspired by several different builds I've seen like this sneaky orc that I believe was called The Greenskin, and the vampire build The Bloodthirster, and the necromancer called The Chirurgeon. Is there a particular spot where I could just talk about my build idea before I actually start writing anything?
    Hmm, the Workshop is useful but not required for working on a build, some people really enjoy keeping their builds secret (or at least the specific information in the build) and tend to not use the Workshop, but if you don't care about that then it's definitely a great place to test out all the specific features for editing on the site. The General Building Discussion is the place to go for talking about the build in a general sense, The CB Help Desk is better if you have questions regarding the mechanics or that sort of thing.

Those are definitely some great build, The Greenskin is one of my favourite Orcish builds (which is hard to say because there are a bunch that I've read over the years :P). 
  • January 26, 2019 12:41 AM EST

Thanks! I'm tempted to not use the Workshop, because I think if I kept my build secret it could be pretty unique when I unveil it, but I think I'd rather have some feedback along the way. Regardless I'm gonna head over to that building discussion.

• 1595 posts
    January 26, 2019 12:46 AM EST

Welcome to the site Paarthurnax the White :)

• January 26, 2019 12:52 AM EST

Paws said:

Welcome to the site Paarthurnax the White :)

Thanks! (and oh hey I learned how to quote people :P)

• 6 posts
    October 25, 2019 5:17 AM EDT

Hey welcome aboard dear.