Forums » Fallout

Is Fallout 76 Going Free to Play?

• 1467 posts
    January 27, 2019 10:37 PM EST

I said it before and I'll say it again. Despite all my happiness for it before launch, FO76 is a ''no, no'' for me. It's one of those mediocre offshots that someone thought it was a good idea. It wasn't.

I'm going to personally disagree with you here. Partially at least, I can undersand why people aren't happy with FO76 (it isn't quite what I wanted) but I think the idea behind it was solid if not kind of great. The idea of a player-run world is pretty damn great, the idea of a world with limited NPC's has merit, it entirely depends on the writers/size of the world and how dedicated players are but it's a fundamentally sound idea. I like the core concept of Fallout 76, I could definitely agree with an argument that Bethesda isn't the company to create that sort of game (I could easily see CD Projekt Red or Obsidian making a game with similar concepts to an insane degree of succes)

When TES 6 comes in mind, I don't have any worries for now. TES is Bethesda's poster child. Even though I'm a Fallout lover, I still think that Skyrim is a better game then FO4. Beth does give more love to TES then FO. But we will see. I just pray to the gods that they're creating a new engine for it.

I'm of two minds here but more willing to agree with you. Actually, yeah I think because we have the shielding (at the very least) of Starfield before TES6 that I can't really feel worried about it. I do think that Bethesda has a lot more love for The Elder Scrolls because it's pretty much their only game to call their own. Am I a tad worried about the writing, yes but it's not to the degree where I'm willing to say that I have no interest in it or that I'm giving up on the series. Really there's just too much time before the game comes out for me to really be worried about what it'll turn out to be.

• 284 posts
    February 8, 2019 6:32 AM EST

I like the video a lot. But I didn't blame the engine. I just want to see the next TES to be a graphical wonder, if you get what I'm aiming at. I do love the Creation Engine and I think that FO4 looks great despite the engine being more then a decade old.

• 284 posts
    February 8, 2019 6:36 AM EST

I'll give FO76 a try after a few more patches roll in. Deebs, are you on PC or PS4?

• 1467 posts
    February 8, 2019 8:31 AM EST
    Technically PS4, but my internet is barely good enough to log onto the Vault let alone an MMO.