Forums » General Gaming

What are favorite Gaming Soundtracks/Themes?

• 67 posts
    January 11, 2019 11:41 PM EST

So just what the title says. What are you favorite themes or soundtracks you have heard in video games. I'll start by Listing my favourites in no particular order.

1. Assassin's Creed Origins - Full Soundtrack

2. Halo 3 - Behold a Pale Horse

3. Dragon Age Inquisition - Lost Elf

4. Mass Effect 3 - Leaving Earth

5. Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - The Fields of Ard Skellig

6. Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Shadow Overture

So those are my favorite ones (That I can think of at the moment) let know what you guys like :)

• 70 posts
    January 12, 2019 12:03 AM EST
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ghd3tvsNAs&app=desktop
    Could listen to that all day ^^.
    • 67 posts
    January 12, 2019 12:25 AM EST
    Castlevania eh, nice dude! I haven't played that game since I was like 10. The music does sound familiar though :D, nostalgia hahaha.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 12, 2019 12:33 AM EST

Hmmm... that I can think of, in no particular order:

Divinity Original Sin 2 - Soundtrack by Borislav Slavov (okay, this might actually be on my top three. It's so good!)

Dishonored 2 - Soundtrack by Daniel Licht. Daniel passed away, unfortunately...

Dragon Age: Origins - Main Theme by Inon Zur (An RPG classic. Love it)

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Main Theme by Trevor Morris (Speaking of DA, Inquisition was really good on the soundtrack department!)

Total War Shogun 2 - Ona Hei by Jeff Van Dyke (the entire soundtrack of this game is bloody amazing)

Total War Rome 2 - Roma Invicta by Richard Beddow (epic as duck)

Rome Total War - Main Theme by Jeff Van Dyke (a freaking classic)

Total War: Rome 2 Main Theme by Richard Beddow (maybe not as good as the first one, but I still like it. It's more... "glory days, expansion, foreign and Empire", while the first one is more "dawn and early Republic")

Now let's get weird!

First with probably my absolute favorite ever: Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines - Main Theme. And yes, it was inspired by Massive Attack's Angel.

Dishonored 2 - Brigmore Lullaby by Daniel Lich

Dishonored 2 - Gold Dust Woman by Daniel Licht

Dishonored - Drunken Whaler by ??? adapted by Daniel Licht. (actually an adaptation from an old sailor's song. Beautiful)

Warhammer: End Times Vermintide - Soundtrack by Jesper Kyd (so I've never played this game, but I absolutely love the soundtrack. It's so well done and atmospheric)

Resident Evil 7 - Go Tell Aunt Rhody by ??? another adaptation. And I can't read Japonese, lol, there's an "Alfh Lyra" or something that might be the dude/lady who composed it.

There's also the usual, but you all know Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind... I'll probably post some more Fallout tracks I really like later.

• 1467 posts
    January 12, 2019 3:56 AM EST
    I'm just going to say Bloodborne and leave it there :P
    • 277 posts
    January 12, 2019 4:05 AM EST

Mr. Edd said:

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Main Theme by Trevor Morris (Speaking of DA, Inquisition was really good on the soundtrack department!)

"Sera Was Never" is what convinced me to finally play Dragon Age, 

• 33 posts
    January 12, 2019 6:43 AM EST

My favourite OST of any game ever just has to be that of Lisa: the painful RPG. You got your aggressive tunes, your g r o o v y  b o i s, your relaxing intermediate soundtracks for that low, your exciting dungeon-crawly jams, WORKOUT MUSIC, music to relax/trudge through an apocalyptic wasteland to, some very makeshift grooves... I'm sorry I posted so many links, I just really love this game, and since it's so little known and underappreciated, and it has a very comedic/depressing feel that is kinda similar to Fallout's, I though I'd try to induct you guys into my cult tell you about it so you can try it.

• 585 posts
    January 12, 2019 3:48 PM EST

Not sure if it counts as a soundtrack, but the sea shanties in Assassins Creed: Black Flag are awesome, they completely immerse you in the game and are catchy to boot, to such an extent that I've caught myself singing them without realising.

• 275 posts
    January 13, 2019 2:22 PM EST

4. AC4 Black Flag Main Menu Music

3. Anything from Shadow Of The Colossus.

2. Suicide Mission - Mass Effect 2

1. An End Once And For All - Mass Effect 3 (refuse to find a link because I have sworn to myself I will never listen to that song outside the ending of ME3, for fear of desensitizing myself to it)

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at January 13, 2019 2:26 PM EST
    • 700 posts
    January 13, 2019 3:20 PM EST

I know there's more, but these are the ones that come to mind first

Halo CE Soundtrack

GTA 4 Theme

XCOM 2: Metal and Steel

DOOM 2016 Soundtrack

Skyrim: A Chance Meeting & Sovngarde

EDIT:

Witcher 3: Ladies of the Woods

This post was edited by Legion at January 13, 2019 3:23 PM EST
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 13, 2019 8:24 PM EST

Legion said:

Halo CE Soundtrack

GTA 4 Theme

DOOM 2016 Soundtrack

EDIT:

Ah, XCOM. Nothing like creating you and your friends and seeing who gets to the end, if anyone does.

• 321 posts
    January 13, 2019 9:04 PM EST
    Currently on mobile right now, so I'll post the links later. Here are some of my favorites:

BlazBlue soundtrack
    Under Night in-Birth soundtrack
    Deus Ex Human Revolution & Mankind Divided soundtracks
    Assassin's Creed II - Ezio's Family
    GTA San Andreas Main Theme
    Elder Scrolls Morrowind Main Theme
    The Witcher 3 - Fields of Ard Skellig
    • 558 posts
    January 13, 2019 9:45 PM EST
    • 167 posts
    January 14, 2019 12:30 PM EST

Cool topic.

To me my favorite gaming soundtracks are in the online game Lineage II and I don't think anything will top these soundtracks they are just amazing. There is a big amount of them if you search on Youtube you could find them or whole playlists with hours of music they have this classic old school rpg feeling like town themes etc. WoW also has some cool soundtracks. I higly recommend checking the soundtracks from both of these games.

Moving on to others I 'd say Dragon Age Origins has some of my favorite themes along with a few from DA Inquisition, also Oblivion's main theme, Skyrim 's Sovngarde song is worthy of mention as well and songs from the Witcher series. I 'm pretty sure there are many more I forget now since I have a whole library packed with games so I should have a few more soundtracks I don't remember. :P

I might Edit this post with a list at a later date.

• 33 posts
    January 14, 2019 12:44 PM EST

my favorite soundtracks/themes are

the theme of sovngarde

the minions of mirth main theme

all five wow themes 

allods online xandarian theme

Spyro: dawn of the dragon soundtrack

Every legend of zelda soundtrack

blood of the werewolf soundtrack

metroid prime trilogy soundtrack

the elder scrolls (2-5) soundtracks

I have never played vampire.

This post was edited by Hasir at January 14, 2019 12:49 PM EST
    • 64 posts
    January 14, 2019 3:08 PM EST
    Witcher 3, Priscella's Song... That shit almost made me cry the first time I heard it, probably also due to the fact that I've read all the Witcher books and really love the relationship between the characters. It's not often you get a character like Yennefer, whom you both love and hate in equal measures - but you ALWAYS feel something toward her.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 14, 2019 6:59 PM EST

Speaking of "sang songs" made just for games, if I'm not mistaken, "Everybody wants to go to Heaven" was made specifically for Mafia 3. It's real effing beautiful. I haven't played the game, but I'm a big, big fan of Mafia II and the mafia genre in general.

• 700 posts
    January 15, 2019 12:23 AM EST

BlueDremora said: Witcher 3, Priscella's Song... That shit almost made me cry the first time I heard it, probably also due to the fact that I've read all the Witcher books and really love the relationship between the characters. It's not often you get a character like Yennefer, whom you both love and hate in equal measures - but you ALWAYS feel something toward her.

^

• 700 posts
    January 15, 2019 12:45 AM EST

Mr. Edd said:

Legion said:

Halo CE Soundtrack

GTA 4 Theme

DOOM 2016 Soundtrack

EDIT:

Ah, XCOM. Nothing like creating you and your friends and seeing who gets to the end, if anyone does.

I got real good at the first few hours of Xcom 2 since all my custom characters kept dying and I refused to accept it. 

• 33 posts
    January 15, 2019 8:38 AM EST

Mr. Edd said:

Speaking of "sang songs" made just for games, if I'm not mistaken, "Everybody wants to go to Heaven" was made specifically for Mafia 3. It's real effing beautiful. I haven't played the game, but I'm a big, big fan of Mafia II and the mafia genre in general.

That's how Mafia works.

sorry

• 321 posts
    January 15, 2019 8:47 AM EST
    Don't be sorry. I'm just disappointed no one has posted an Elder Scrolls/Fallout mafia meme in this site yet. :P
    • 1441 posts
    January 16, 2019 2:28 AM EST

Hmm, tricky my friend, lots of games have great soundtracks. One of my favorite tunes from Fate/Grand Order is the final battle theme of Chapter One, titled, well, Fate/Grand Order, a hybrid remix of the title and Grand Battle themes

• 67 posts
    May 31, 2019 6:42 AM EDT

Here's a playlist of some of my favorite fantasy and sci fi themed soundtracks that I thought i'd share with you all :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIrpQk61zeGrxX-eunQeNCvobK6mA6wMn

• 2 posts
    May 31, 2019 9:42 AM EDT

Surprisingly good soundtracks from Wario World

Greenhorn Forest

Greenhorn Ruins

Sandworm

Wonky Circus Underground

Clown-a-round

Beanstalk Way

Beanstalk Way 2

The Mean Emcee

Pecan Sands

This post was edited by Heracross at May 31, 2019 9:44 AM EDT
    • 275 posts
    May 31, 2019 3:48 PM EDT

Got 3 now. All from the same game: an amazing F2P looter shooter called Warframe.

First: one that's not involved with any spoilers whatsoever.

Second: Involved with spoilers, don't read the comments though the video itself is not spoilery.

Third: Same as the second, spoilery in the comments. Likely the most emotional track in the game.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at May 31, 2019 3:49 PM EDT