Forums » General Gaming

POLL Your most anticipated game for 2019

• 773 posts
    January 1, 2019 4:40 AM EST

It's a New Year! 2019 is upon us - and as has become customary, the first poll of a New Year is a poll about what games we are really looking forward to in that year.

I'vegathered together a few likely contenders - bearing in mind that some of these might slip to 2020 (or beyond...who knows?). But there is at least some likelihhod that these games could actually appear in 2019, so I've included them.

As always, there is the option to nominate on the thread, so please feel free to suggest others

I look forward to your comments!

• 67 posts
    January 1, 2019 7:13 AM EST
    Can't see the Poll cause I'm on my phone, but it's got to be hands down Cyberpunk 2077.
    • 67 posts
    January 1, 2019 7:16 AM EST
    I'll also say that being a long time fan of Halo, I'm very excited for Halo Infinite, and the possible RPG mechanics that have been hinted at being in the game.
    • 277 posts
    January 1, 2019 8:10 AM EST

Omg, Omg, OMG! Okay I am so, so , SO excited for Outer Worlds and, if the rumors are true, Cyberpunk 2077! Starfield is, of course, another entry in my list of games for which I plan to take at least a week off from work to play but I'm not entirely sure it will come out this year.

• 773 posts
    January 1, 2019 8:41 AM EST

I'm with you Noodles. The Outer Worlds looks like EVERYTHING that I want from an RPG experience. Let's hope that Obsidian are able to deliver!

Cyberpunk 2077? I'm moderately excited about that simply because of it being the same people at The Witcher, probably my favourite RPG of all time. The setting for Cyberpunk 2077 isn't really my favourite, but if they pull off something as amazing as Witcher 3, then I can get on board with it.

Starfield? Well who knows? We don't know anything about it, but if Bethesda insist on going with the Creation Engine and continue on their endless quest to dumb down the RPG elements to get mass appeal, then probably not for me.

• 277 posts
    January 1, 2019 9:46 AM EST

Hehe, I didn't play much of Obsidian's New Vegas, but I completed Star Wars Kotor 2 around 20 to 30 times across the years. Once I even completed a new playthrough just because I had found out you can give the character whatever name you want without having to use the random name genearator. So I am very much looking forward to what Obsidian has in store for us.

I'm a bit confused about what people have against the Creation Engine. I think Skyrim SE looks splendid, the ragdoll corpses move funny and I never get bored of riding my horse at a 90 degrees angle.

This post was edited by Noodles at January 1, 2019 11:09 AM EST
    • 70 posts
    January 1, 2019 12:41 PM EST
    Outer Worlds, im craving for a new RPG :D
    Monster Hunter World's update coming in late 2019, Iceborne.
    Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, i've been waiting for this game since the kickstarter finished :D
    And lastly Sekiro Shadows die Twice, I played all Souls games and Bloodborne and i can't wait for a fresh From Software game ^^.
    • 275 posts
    January 1, 2019 1:24 PM EST

Warcraft 3 Reforged, Doom: Eternal, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice are the things I want in 2019.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at January 1, 2019 1:26 PM EST
    • 1441 posts
    January 1, 2019 1:29 PM EST

Kingdom Heart 3, DOOM Eternal, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, RE2 Remaster, to name a few

• 284 posts
    January 1, 2019 6:31 PM EST

Really excited Cyberpunk 2077. And the Division 2.

• 167 posts
    January 1, 2019 7:30 PM EST

Cyberpunk 2077, I really hope it will be as they have shown it to us thus far. 

• 393 posts
    January 2, 2019 4:10 AM EST

2019/20 seem to be promising years to the fans of games that have something in common with Fallout. Which I am not a fan of. Even though The Outer Worlds and Cyberpunk 2077 probably will be good, they are simply not my kind of game. And I'm 95% sure that Starfield is going to be a piece of crap. So... nothing. Ah, wait, there's no such option. And no, it's not "nothing until TES VI", I have a suspicion that if after Starfield Bethesda will be still around, TES VI will be even a stinkier piece of crap.

I'll just quietly play my Skyrim (I hope no one at Bethesda comes up with a wonderful idea to stick some ads and microtransactions into it too) and hope that some company would make a good fantasy RPG. Maybe DA4 would end up not entirely unplayable, who knows? As unlikely as it is, it's still more likely that Bethesda waking up.

• 277 posts
    January 2, 2019 10:15 AM EST

Justiciar Thorien said:

2019/20 seem to be promising years to the fans of games that have something in common with Fallout. Which I am not a fan of. Even though The Outer Worlds and Cyberpunk 2077 probably will be good, they are simply not my kind of game. And I'm 95% sure that Starfield is going to be a piece of crap. So... nothing. Ah, wait, there's no such option. And no, it's not "nothing until TES VI", I have a suspicion that if after Starfield Bethesda will be still around, TES VI will be even a stinkier piece of crap.

I'll just quietly play my Skyrim (I hope no one at Bethesda comes up with a wonderful idea to stick some ads and microtransactions into it too) and hope that some company would make a good fantasy RPG. Maybe DA4 would end up not entirely unplayable, who knows? As unlikely as it is, it's still more likely that Bethesda waking up.

Well there will be a Witcher 4 eventually :D. I hope I get to play as Ciri or even better, make my own witcher at one of the many schools mentioned in the game!

This post was edited by Noodles at January 2, 2019 10:16 AM EST
    • 277 posts
    January 2, 2019 10:21 AM EST

DeltaFox said:

Really excited Cyberpunk 2077. And the Division 2.

Duvain said:

Cyberpunk 2077, I really hope it will be as they have shown it to us thus far. 

Don't know about you guys, but I will first build a Han Solo / Rick Deckard -esque character

• 393 posts
    January 2, 2019 10:23 AM EST

Well there will be a Witcher 4 eventually :D. I hope I get to play as Ciri or even better, make my own witcher at one of the many schools mentioned in the game!

Would be cool to make a custom witcher. I'm not exactly thrilled by the perspective of playing as Ciri though, lol. She may or may not be not like in the book, but at this point I still can't overcome the impression the book gave me and be able to play the game where she (among other similarly charming characters) is just present. To play as her... ugh, no thanks.

• 277 posts
    January 2, 2019 12:12 PM EST

Justiciar Thorien said:

Would be cool to make a custom witcher. I'm not exactly thrilled by the perspective of playing as Ciri though, lol. She may or may not be not like in the book, but at this point I still can't overcome the impression the book gave me and be able to play the game where she (among other similarly charming characters) is just present. To play as her... ugh, no thanks.

Is she a lot different in the book? I don't plan to read so you can spoil me all you want.

• 393 posts
    January 2, 2019 2:59 PM EST

She is such a total idiot that it's just disgusting. Well, I know she is 17 there, but when I read the book I was 17 too, so I'm afraid to think how I would feel about her if I read the book now. And her company... they are even more disgusting idiots. And it also seems that every single female character in the book is either an idiot, a bitch, or both. Though that is my subjective opinion of course.

• 167 posts
    January 3, 2019 2:18 AM EST

Noodles said:

Don't know about you guys, but I will first build a Han Solo / Rick Deckard -esque character

Sounds good, I will go for a a sneaky archer! :D

• 277 posts
    January 3, 2019 9:39 AM EST

Duvain said:

Noodles said:

Sounds good, I will go for a a sneaky archer! :D

You... YOU!!! ...filthy casual!!! XD

• 393 posts
    January 3, 2019 10:56 AM EST

I thought casuals always play tanks? :D

• 321 posts
    January 3, 2019 11:07 AM EST
    Nah, casuals usually play what's considered the meta or the easiest to get good at. :P
    Anyways, I'm totally excited for The Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk 2077, and Kingdom Hearts 3, especially Kingdom Hearts 3 cause shieet I've been waiting for that game since I was 8.
    • 277 posts
    January 3, 2019 12:31 PM EST

Casuals play dps and do not know how to crowd control or interrupt

• 393 posts
    January 3, 2019 1:43 PM EST

Lol, then I'm a casual. I like playing sneaky mages and assassins.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 3, 2019 3:52 PM EST

The Outer Worlds, definitely. But people should lower their expectations, this isn't an AAA game, it's more like... AA? Obsidian clearly has bigger ambitions, but it just doesn't have the money to do everything it wants right now.

And then there's Cyberpunk 2077, but I'm going to have to upgrade my PC for that one, so I'm hoping it won't come out this year. I'm really excited for Cyberpunk, but The Outer Worlds is now the main thing I'm looking forward to in gaming, even if I know it will probably be "smaller" than Cyberpunk. You can't go wrong with Tim Caine and Leonard Boyarsky - I still have Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, a bug-ridden game to the death, installed on my PC and properly patched. It's on my "permanent" games list.

I'm also a Total War fanboy, and Three Kingdoms does look very promising with their all-new diplomacy system.

• 393 posts
    January 3, 2019 6:31 PM EST

Maybe The Outer Worlds isn't AAA, but it's likely to turn out better than AAA... better than Fallout 76.