Forums » General Gaming

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

• 215 posts
    December 20, 2018 5:38 PM EST

Has anyone played it and what are your thoughts? 

I was reading some reviews as it's on sale with Steam's winter sale starting today.  I've had it on my wishlist for a while to keep track of it.  Seems it is very (VERY) role play intensive in that you actually have to wait in real time for things (like sleeping) and you are forced to sleep a certain amount unlike Skyrim where you never have to sleep (or Fallout to be fair...lol). 

Anyway, looking for some first hand feedback since it is an RPG heavy game and appears to have a skill tree so customizable characters are a thing. 

• 122 posts
    December 21, 2018 7:05 AM EST
    It wasn’t my thing, but it’s a much more authentic sort of medieval game than Skyrim. The combat was fun. There are a lot of ways to be a good person or a complete Jack-hole (like poisoning the community cook-pot otmworking your serfs to death).
    This post was edited by Mercurias at December 21, 2018 7:05 AM EST
    • 167 posts
    December 23, 2018 5:55 AM EST

I 've played it and liked it a lot. It feels much more real, you have to eat and sleep (can be done in Skyrim with mods only) and the combat has much more depth compared to Skyrim's, you need to block and counter attack on time, do combos and all that manage and repair your equipment etc. Also some quests can be affected by the time you take to go and do them or previous decisions you took etc. The world feels much more alive that way to me compared to Skyrim. Also your choises have an actual impact on how things will go and it can show around in the world. It can be a bumpy ride in the beginning but as you make progress you will learn how to manage things and it creates some good situations for roleplay. Don't expect to be the Dragonborn or anything in the beginning, you are just a blacksmith's son later on you can become strong but you won't fus ro da people after one hour into the game. If you go in with the mindset that you are just a pleb trying to survive or become a cool guy you will have a good time I think. You could see some videos if you don't mind to spoil yourself a bit, also the first time I played the game I played on hardcore which removes a lot of the ui elements and tutorials on screen, some advised me not to do that on my first playthrough but I had more fun trying to figure out things on my own rather than having arrows and whatever show me how to do things this is not for everyone though. I think you will have if not a good at least an OK time playing the game but you will need to take some time until you get the hang of it and it can get frustrating in the beginning sometimes.

• 284 posts
    December 24, 2018 4:20 PM EST

Everything Duvain said. The game is great, especially the village building DLC. Best part of the game. Reminded me a bit of the Helgen Reborn mod.

• 1441 posts
    December 24, 2018 5:28 PM EST
    Yeah, I was excited for it, and while it did have a flaw here or there, like crashing during saving once, but overall, I enjoyed it
    • 70 posts
    December 24, 2018 8:26 PM EST
    Just gonna leave this here :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBvw3Z-pBUA&app=desktop
    This post was edited by Vezrabuto at December 24, 2018 8:27 PM EST
    • 167 posts
    December 25, 2018 11:09 AM EST

Oh yeah I actually wanted to mention that, the AI sometimes is pretty bad when using sneak but coming from Skyrim I was used to it. :P To be honest I didn't play a sneaky character at all during my first and only playthrough by now because I wanted to get a feeling of the game first and then play a sneaky alchemy focused rogue type of guy. Also there are mods for the game like reduced head bobbing etc.

• 70 posts
    December 25, 2018 12:10 PM EST
    From what i've seen, Alchemy looks really fun. I would play something like a Herbalist. Its the closest you are going to get to Magic in a world without magic :D
    • 7 posts
    December 25, 2018 1:16 PM EST

I've been interested in it since I initially saw the trailer, but unfortunately, my system is unable to run it. I've heard plenty of good reviews on the game so I think it's worth picking up just to try it if it's on sale.