Forums » General Gaming

Game Awards: Game Announcement Thread

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 6:57 PM EST

So, basically I just wanted to make a thread talking about all of the new games (or DLC or whatever) being announced at the Game Awards today, and just have a place to discuss them, or (as I don't believe it's started yet) what your hoping to see from them this year.

Game Awards Live Stream

Far Cry - Teaser Trailer 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at December 6, 2018 8:42 PM EST
    • 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 6:59 PM EST

God damn, they're making a Far Cry version of Fallout arent' they. That trailer just feels perfectly timed with all of Bethesda's recent problems and how many people have fallen out of the Fallout Hype Train. Almost makes it feel like a calculated move, release it right after Bethesda releases their wonky Fallout game, and boom they get a lot more interest than they would've at E3 or something. 

Could be interesting, I've only ever really gotten into Far Cry: Primal so I'll be very interested in seeing more about this (I do think it'll be a spin-off rather than Far Cry 6).

• 167 posts
    December 6, 2018 7:52 PM EST

@DB - Yeah that 's what I thought as well the moment I saw that teaser. :D Something simillar went down with Blizzard's Diablo Immortal announcement and PoE new league the meme was real. I 'm also waiting for Obsidian's announcement I hope it 'll be a good one.

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 7:55 PM EST

@DB - Yeah that 's what I thought as well the moment I saw that teaser. :D Something simillar went down with Blizzard's Diablo Immortal announcement and PoE new league the meme was real. I 'm also waiting for Obsidian's announcement I hope it 'll be a good one.

Oh yeah Obsidian has me really excited with just the small amount they've already hinted at (or released I suppose). Hmm, it's kind of strange that it's another game that easily draws Fallout comparisons...

I'm also incredibly hyped about the rumors for Dragon Age 4 (or just a new Dragon Age game). Last I checked it was confirmed that there was going to be Dragon Age and Mass Effect news sometime soon though I'm not 100% sure whether it'll be today. If it is, I'm going to by hyped as shit.

• 167 posts
    December 6, 2018 8:32 PM EST

Oh yeah I also saw that there is a possibility of a DA game announcement. Oh boi Mass Effect. I enjoyed all Mass Effect series games especially 2 and 3 was still pretty OK but not as good as 2 but the situation with Andromeda was ridiculous from an rpg perspective I mean I remember telling things like people died and all that and my character was smiling lol even Oblivion had better animations and written lines compared to that (written lines I don't mean the quest progressions in Oblivion which is great I mean the simple things from minor NPC you hear in towns :P). :P I really don't know what to expect from this franchise anymore I hope we 'll get to see at some point something like the previous mass effects.

This post was edited by Duvain at December 6, 2018 8:35 PM EST
    • 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 8:41 PM EST

Update: Bethesda will be dropping a Rage 2 Trailer for the Game Awards - Link.

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 8:43 PM EST

The first game announced was not all that interesting...some sort of pop-racing game? No idea but seemed stupid in my opinion, why merge those two genres?

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 8:50 PM EST

Journey to the Savage Planet looks mildly interesting, actually it could be really fascinating. Not sure because it was just a teaser, but the art style was something really great (and it felt a bit like Borderlands to me, just with the small bits of comedy it felt like it was aiming for).

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at December 6, 2018 8:52 PM EST
    • 167 posts
    December 6, 2018 8:53 PM EST

lol yeah. Best rpg game monster hunter was kinda expecting it.

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 8:55 PM EST

Oh yeah I also saw that there is a possibility of a DA game announcement. Oh boi Mass Effect. I enjoyed all Mass Effect series games especially 2 and 3 was still pretty OK but not as good as 2 but the situation with Andromeda was ridiculous from an rpg perspective I mean I remember telling things like people died and all that and my character was smiling lol even Oblivion had better animations and written lines compared to that (written lines I don't mean the quest progressions in Oblivion which is great I mean the simple things from minor NPC you hear in towns :P). :P I really don't know what to expect from this franchise anymore I hope we 'll get to see at some point something like the previous mass effects.

To be honest, I've only played Andromeda for reasons that take ahwile to get into. It's a weird game I suppose, I actually really enjoy the combat, the game looked fairly great most of the time, but it was probably the most boring RPG I've ever played. Had no interest in the story, many of the characters or literally anything else that wasn't combat related and that just didn't get me hooked. Glad I got it for less than half price in the end because I'd hate to have paid full for that.

But I do have a bit more hope that a future game would be better, nothing concrete so I'd probably wait for anything there, but...yeah it's tough, 

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 8:56 PM EST

lol yeah. Best rpg game monster hunter was kinda expecting it.

Personally I think Pillars of Eternity was probably the best, but it's not really mainstream enough to get much attention. (Note: I haven't played either, just my personal preference with RPG's)

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at December 6, 2018 9:00 PM EST
    • 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 8:56 PM EST

Wait hold up...Why is the Stanley Parable being mentioned?

EDIT: Fuck yeah, basically a Remaster I guess? Very interesting as long as it isn't full priced or anything stupid like that. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at December 6, 2018 8:58 PM EST
    • 627 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:00 PM EST

Duvain said:

I enjoyed all Mass Effect series games especially 2...

Eww Mass Effect 2 the worst of the original trilogy.

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:01 PM EST

I WANT A FIGHT!

• 167 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:04 PM EST

lol nintedo, xbox, ps bois at the same time we got to see that :D

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:04 PM EST

God what was that entirely memorable musical performance from E3 this year? Was it for...damn I can't recall but just gotta say that it'll be impossible to be more memorable than that.

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:05 PM EST

lol nintedo, xbox, ps bois at the same time we got to see that :D

Bah, there was no fight so I'm not interested :P

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:11 PM EST

Oh wow... Marvel: Ultimiate Alliance 3 looks absolutely terrible, somehow worse than the second one. I just mean visually, the gameplay itself looks pretty interesting but just... doesn't look visually appealing at all. I am sort of pumped because I was a pretty big fan of the older two games in the series, but eh.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at December 6, 2018 9:12 PM EST
    • 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:22 PM EST

New Rocket League DLC for those that are interested in buying virtual cars...

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:25 PM EST

For me I really hope Christopher judge wins best performance, he turned Kratos into an awesome character, and just delivered everything so damn well.

EDIT: Well damn, Red Dead gets all the love...

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at December 6, 2018 9:25 PM EST
    • 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:30 PM EST

Far Cry: New Dawn looks interesting...Wait did that just say Feb 15th? That seems really early.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at December 6, 2018 9:33 PM EST
    • 321 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:31 PM EST

Dragonborn2021 said:

Far Cry: New Dawn looks interesting...Wait did that just say Feb 15th? That seems really early.

It has a lot of pink though...

• 167 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:32 PM EST

Not impressed by the teaser. Too much color for post apocalyptic.

• 1467 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:35 PM EST

Fair enough...I think it's a unique take on it but not sure if I like it either.

What I am looking at, is that the game is incredibly similar to Fallout: 76 in concept. It's a standalone sequel to Far Cry 5, which makes me think that the game is very much a 'spin-off' in a lot of ways, it uses a lot of the same textures and everything. What I will say, is that I'm really glad that it's not being sold as a full game accoridng to the Ubisoft Youtube Channel (or at least the page for the video) with a base price of $40.

So yeah, it's very much what Fallout: 76 is to Fallout 4.

• 627 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:36 PM EST

Duvain said:

Not impressed by the teaser. Too much color for post apocalyptic.

Why? Any form of apocalypse (even a nuclear kind) that killed millions of humans would lead to plantlife taking over which in turn means more colour then just dirt.