Forums » The Lounge

Photos Prompt 1: Creature Killing

• 1467 posts
    December 1, 2018 6:43 PM EST

Welcome to the very first Photo Prompt. These are short features we'll be running in the Photos/Videos section as a sort of new form of Events that are designed to be short, sweet and fun. At most, they'll last a week (in a featured capacity) but at any point you can still post a picture inspired by this Prompt (title it and drop it here so it's featured forever), but the idea is to make them fun, easy and engaging.

Creature Killers

So, for this prompt I wanted to make it as simple as possible to get into the spirit of the content type. Later on we'll start working with more restrictive prompts, but for now I wanted to go with the simple idea of well hunting and killing some of the creatures that dot our favourite games. It can be a massive creature like a Dragon, Grafton Monster, Deathclaw or Giant (or you know, anything from any other game. It doesn't have to be TES or Fallout), or maybe you want to go with something a bit smaller and hunt down a small creature, or something difficult to find. 

To fill the prompt, you can actually upload either a picture or a video. For a picture, it can be either a screenshot or a piece of your own artwork (DO NOT UPLOAD SOMEONE ELSE'S CONTENT AS YOUR OWN), and for a video you can upload a clip of whatever you want as long as your creature of choice is involved. It can be an epic battle, a hunt for the creature or a clip of you dancing over it's corpse if your particularly morbid. 

Rules and Tips

• Your piece for the prompt should be titled "Creature Killers Prompt: [Insert Title]"
    • Your piece can be uploaded as a Photo (either a Screenshot or Art) or a Video.
    • Post your pictures in the 'Share to Main Page' category so they're visible on the main page. Use a unique album for your Prompts (rather than just this prompt). 
    • For your Videos, if you have a longer clip I'd recommend uploading them to YouTube/ rather than uploading them directly to the site. Shouldn't be an issue if you've got a faster internet, or the clip is under around 10 minutes, but for longer clips it tends to be easier to go through YouTube.
    • Upload your videos to the appropriate category (TES in Elder Scrolls, Fallout in Fallout, all other games in General) and I'd recommend creating a Channel for your prompts. 
    • You can upload more than one piece for this prompt.
    • You can use old pictures for this prompt as well, it doesn't have to be something new. 

Prompt Fills

No Darkspawn Too Large by Justiciar Thorien

A Grizzly Encounter by Furrion 17

Don't Underestimate a Mudcrab by Justiciar Thorien

You Shall Not Pass by Vezrabuto

Harpy Overkill by Vezrabuto

Something, Something, Ice Stab? (Or Untitled Image) by Vezrabuto

Steropes the Lightning Bringer by Furrion 17 

Unexpected by Justiciar Thorien

[Insert Hammer Pun] by Dragonborn...what are my numbers?

The Great Zixxen by Phil...Paws

Dominating Karstaag with the Thuum by Furrion 17

Tough Bastards by Delta

The Gaping Dragon by Dragonborn202102241041

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at December 5, 2018 5:49 PM EST
    • 1595 posts
    December 1, 2018 9:24 PM EST

This post was edited by Paws at December 1, 2018 9:25 PM EST
    • 1467 posts
    December 1, 2018 10:27 PM EST

Heh, that's freaking hilarious :D Just absolute comedy gold

• 67 posts
    December 2, 2018 1:28 AM EST

@ Paws - Thats awesome. made me laugh so hard my cat jumped off the couch lol.

• 67 posts
    December 2, 2018 1:52 AM EST

Does people hunting count? Or just Monsters, animals and other beasties?

• 1467 posts
    December 2, 2018 2:45 AM EST

Does people hunting count? Or just Monsters, animals and other beasties?

Hmm, you know I'm probably going to have to go with a no on people, well...not normal people at least. Don't have a specific line to draw there, but regular people at least aren't part of this Prompt. Maybe a future prompt, could be interesting as a chance to kind of bring a bit more story-telling into the prompts (adding a caption describing the hunt).

• 1467 posts
    December 2, 2018 2:48 AM EST

Been trying to put things together but since I'm playing Dark Souls the enemies fade away when you kill them...Means I can't take screenshots during/after the fights, so I'm focusing on videos...but I'm killing things too quickly :( 

• 70 posts
    December 2, 2018 2:10 PM EST

I am so going back to Dragon's Dogma for this :D but i can't decide which Monster :D Red Wyvern, or maybe a Gryphon or a Beholder :D

• 1467 posts
    December 2, 2018 5:56 PM EST

I am so going back to Dragon's Dogma for this :D but i can't decide which Monster :D Red Wyvern, or maybe a Gryphon or a Beholder :D

Why not do all three :P Would be really cool to get some shots of you climbing along some of those giant creatures, or even just a Cyclops in the middle of you stabbing it's eye out. Shit now I kinda want to play Dragon's Dogma (can't because I'm running out of space on my PS4 but you know, still kinda really want to now)

• 70 posts
    December 2, 2018 9:02 PM EST
    I have a few cyclops pics but i would have to play the game again, my character just entered ng+ so no cool monster :D
    • 1467 posts
    December 2, 2018 10:16 PM EST

Just so everyone knows I've been updating the discussion with all new pictures added, so it's a nice way to find what other people are posting for the prompt :D

• 393 posts
    December 3, 2018 4:58 AM EST

Cool! Now I think I should find something really scary for a change. Mudcrabs and Ogres are only scary on high difficulties, and yet there are things that send shivers down one's spine even on Novice...

• 1467 posts
    December 3, 2018 11:10 PM EST

Cool! Now I think I should find something really scary for a change. Mudcrabs and Ogres are only scary on high difficulties, and yet there are things that send shivers down one's spine even on Novice...

Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! Karstaag! 

Only thing I can think of for Skyrim...Feels sad but I honestly can't remember many difficult fights other then that in the game.

• 67 posts
    December 4, 2018 2:32 AM EST
    @DB - I got a video of me smashing Karstaag in like 2 minutes. And It was mostly just shouts. I'll upload it later tonight.
    • 1467 posts
    December 4, 2018 2:46 AM EST

Hah, will definitely have to watch that then :D

• 393 posts
    December 4, 2018 3:05 AM EST

Somehow, for me scariness isn't defined by the difficulty of the fight. I mean, Dwarven Centurions, Chauruses and Wispmothers scare the shit out of me, even though I can kill them pretty quickly (fire beats them all :D))).

And I've never been to the place where you find Karstaag.

• 1467 posts
    December 4, 2018 3:42 AM EST

Somehow, for me scariness isn't defined by the difficulty of the fight. I mean, Dwarven Centurions, Chauruses and Wispmothers scare the shit out of me, even though I can kill them pretty quickly (fire beats them all :D))).

And I've never been to the place where you find Karstaag.

Oh fair enough, that Centurions have that really nice animation, makes for an intimidating fight straight out of the gate. But if there's something I hate to fight, it'd have to be Chaurus Hunters...just the absolute worst (I hate flying enemies).

• 393 posts
    December 4, 2018 3:45 AM EST

I totally agree, they are definitely scary.

• 321 posts
    December 4, 2018 3:52 AM EST
    I really hate Chaurii in general. Just hearing them crawling puts me on edge. I'm like those guys from Starship Troopers; see a bug, kill it quick!
    • 1467 posts
    December 4, 2018 7:29 AM EST

I really hate Chaurii in general. Just hearing them crawling puts me on edge. I'm like those guys from Starship Troopers; see a bug, kill it quick!

Shit that's a much better way to pluralize it...