Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your Biggest TES: 6 Expectation?

• 122 posts
    November 6, 2018 8:43 PM EST

tirrene said:

Depends on what you mean by expectation.

If you mean "what you THINK it will have", it will probably cater for Skyrim's fans, having a more fluid combat system at the cost of a good story, probably only having a scant few RPG elements; it will most likely have infinite leveling, and a very developed crafting system (which might actually take cues from Fallout 4 and allow us to create our own fort or something, since that's a brahmin-mammoth they love to milk). 

Gonna be honest, their base-creation system was well-recieved because of people like me. You should see my hidden island mansion only accessable by water. If they want to milk that Brahmin-mammoth, I'm personally all for it. I love a good home that is built by, and reflects the personality of, the character. Much love and hugs and kisses.

tirrene said:

It will likely take place in High Rock (at least from what we've seen on the trailer, plus they known most of their current fanbase has never even heard about Daggerfall) slightly after the events of Skyrim, with loads of references to this loud shouty viking person back East who is very famous and yet nobody knows their name, gender or even race, and the bad guys will be those evil nazi Thalmor with their hatred for inferior humans and also kittens and rainbows. Also, a DLC based around a Daedra (probably a fun Daedra, like Sanguine. I like Sanguine.) 

I'd love a Sanguine DLC, too. While I agree there is a strong possiblility of references to the Last Dragonborn, I'd hope that Elder Scrolls 6 only makes a few token references to its biggest success instead of relying on back-references. I actually liked how Skyrim rides the line between acknowledging prior games without turning into a nonstop nostalgia-fest.

I also subscribe to the fan theory that we'll be looking at Hammerfell rather than High Rock. I'd actually PREFER High Rock, but Hammerfell would probably let them have a world they'd have more fun writing, since it's a port city with all kinds of influences instead of a city full of warring political factions. Warring political factions are awesome, but I think Bethesda is a fan of variety. I actually get that, because if you only have yopur favorite food for every meal, every day, then you'll quickly get sick of it. Again, much love and hugs and kisses of the friendship variety. 

tirrene said:

On the "what I would like for it to have", going by the same theory that it will take place in High Rock, and with all the Skyrim hype, it would be buttchuggingly cool if it took place in Tiber Septim times, and we were a regular dude who always gets involved in these big battles and has to hear all about how cool this Hjalti guy is and how we just missed him, sort of a Life of Brian vibe. The guilds (there's gonna be guilds, let's not beat around the bush on that one) would also reflect on High Rock's culture; a Thieves' Guild that's even more into diplomacy and bribery than even Riften's branch; a Mages' Guild-type questline where you literally have to find the Schools of Magic before you are given the good juice: the Direnni for Illusion, the Chirurgeons for Restoration, the Reachmen for Conjuration, and two other locations (I'm not as much of a scholar as some of you guys) for the other schools. The Dark Brotherhood will of course be heavily connected to the Thieves Guild, and they will take contracts from them sometimes to take out important political figures; while the Fighters' Guild (whatever it'll be called this time) could be one warrior clan just like Hjalti's, or maybe a mercenary company made by Nords or Redguards.

Most of those things sound like a lot of fun! I honestly hope the Dark Brotherhood has a break, though. Either a break or maybe competition in the form of the Morag Tong. Personally I prefer the Morag Tong's story and lore.

• 11 posts
    November 6, 2018 9:41 PM EST

I wondered where it would fit in the timeline too. The last Uriel spanned three (?) games, then there was the destruction of Red Mountain and the Great War leading to "Skyrim". I assume the execution of Tullius or Ulfric could be fudged in the continuing mayhem, but will the story carry on from the Great War plot? I do like the idea of living in Hjalti's/ That Guy's time. 

• 33 posts
    November 7, 2018 12:15 PM EST

Mercurias, I would also enjoy a basebuilding system (in case it seemed like I was hating, which I'm honestly not). The story taking part in Hammerfell would be fun, but I'm already too invested in this fake story I created where I run around cleaning up Tiber Septim's messes while I endure everyone talking about how swell and handsome he is like BOY I HAD TO STAB A BUNCH OF NECROMANCERS WHO HAD RAISED AN ARMY OUT OF ALL HIS VICTIMS, WHICH WAS UNFORTUNATE BECAUSE I WAS TIRED FROM HAVING PEOPLE SEND ME ASSASSINS BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT I WAS INVOLVED IN IT SOMEHOW.

• 558 posts
    November 7, 2018 11:21 PM EST

My expectations aren't super high partly because of Beth's trend to simplify. Simplifying isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I spent more time on Skyrim than any other ES game. The thing that keeps me from coming back is that on vanilla Skyrim I hate feeling railroaded into quests, how the guild quests and DLC make you become a Daedra worshipper, and how unrewarding it feels to sacrifice parts of the game so I can actually roleplay (I quit ESO for the same reasons).

My biggest expectations are bigger and more immersive cities like in Witcher 3.

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2018 8:42 AM EST

I wondered where it would fit in the timeline too. The last Uriel spanned three (?) games, then there was the destruction of Red Mountain and the Great War leading to "Skyrim". I assume the execution of Tullius or Ulfric could be fudged in the continuing mayhem, but will the story carry on from the Great War plot? I do like the idea of living in Hjalti's/ That Guy's time. 

They really did pack a lot into the pre-Skyrim games didn't they? It's actually a bit crazy to think of the pure amount of stuff, and then when you throw in the Great War and how massively impactful that was, let alone the political build-up to the war... I am thinking that it will be a continuation of Skyrim's Events, but I wouldn't mind if they took a step back on the 'epic scale' a bit. I mean, four games (at least) in a row where you need to stop a world-ending evil? Would be sort of interesting if they scaled that back to something a bit tamer...

Eh there are so many options that I've got no idea where they're going. I assume that it'll be a big showy continuation of Skyrim, but who knows at this point.

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2018 8:44 AM EST
    Mercurias, I would also enjoy a basebuilding system (in case it seemed like I was hating, which I'm honestly not).

Hell yeah, I think that could be really awesome if done well. I mean Hearthfire is something that (At least the first few times) feels pretty awesome to complete so I wouldn't mind something in between that and Fallout 4's system.

The story taking part in Hammerfell would be fun, but I'm already too invested in this fake story I created where I run around cleaning up Tiber Septim's messes while I endure everyone talking about how swell and handsome he is like BOY I HAD TO STAB A BUNCH OF NECROMANCERS WHO HAD RAISED AN ARMY OUT OF ALL HIS VICTIMS, WHICH WAS UNFORTUNATE BECAUSE I WAS TIRED FROM HAVING PEOPLE SEND ME ASSASSINS BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT I WAS INVOLVED IN IT SOMEHOW.

Hah, that sounds pretty fun :D Would not at all complain if something like that ended up as the story, so I can entirely understand why your invested in it.

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2018 8:46 AM EST

My expectations aren't super high partly because of Beth's trend to simplify. Simplifying isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I spent more time on Skyrim than any other ES game. The thing that keeps me from coming back is that on vanilla Skyrim I hate feeling railroaded into quests, how the guild quests and DLC make you become a Daedra worshipper, and how unrewarding it feels to sacrifice parts of the game so I can actually roleplay (I quit ESO for the same reasons).

My biggest expectations are bigger and more immersive cities like in Witcher 3.

Oh that's true...Well actually I'm not sure on it entirely, I think if I'm honest that a few of the cities in The Witcher feel alive, but there's not much going on (if that makes sense). It's definitely immersive but I wouldn't mind more interactive NPC's, more along the lines of Morrowind where characters were all fairly developed as long as they had names. But yeah having larger cities is something I would expect, Skyrim's were (generally) kind of small and mostly boring once you'd gone through them once or twice, you never find interesting new stories or mini, unmarked quests lying around after 10 hours in them like you do in other games. 

• 558 posts
    November 10, 2018 4:34 PM EST

Yeah, Morrowind is probably a better example since you could interact with everybody and they all had biases and stuff even if everybody had the majority of the same lines of dialogue.

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2018 6:51 PM EST
    Yeah, Morrowind is probably a better example since you could interact with everybody and they all had biases and stuff even if everybody had the majority of the same lines of dialogue.

That was definitely a flaw but it's better than some of the...*cough* more basic NPC's in The Witcher, I definitely think a mix between the two games is the best way to go about it, have some of the more in-depth conversations and character from The Witcher, but Morrowind's approach to giving everyone dialogue (just more unique stuff). Oh and I'd really love to have a Notice Board style of quests in TES: 6, that's something that I think could really work for some smaller quests.