Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hello There

• 2 posts
    October 24, 2018 12:11 AM EDT
    Hello Tamrielvault community! I just made an account on this lovely website after spending 2 or 3 years lurking on here looking at various builds for Skyrim(and more recently for Fallout 4). Not entirely sure what else to say other than the fact I may post a build(or two) on here once I test them out with both no mods and mods as I try to include everyone when it comes to thinking of creative builds.
    • 1467 posts
    October 24, 2018 12:19 AM EDT

Hey there Reaper, nice to have you on board :D I'll start out by saying welcome to the site, and hope to see you around the Character Building groups. What game do you have builds planned for at the moment?

I think it's nice that your thinking about both modded and un-modded versions of builds, it's not something that we all do (I spent a few years building un-modded so when I could play on console I just couldn't bring myself to play without as many mods as possible :P) and it'd be really interesting to see how your builds different between each state. 

I will throw in the idea of posting them seperately, as you've probably seen over the last few years builds can be a tad long at times, and depending on the build they might be fairly different with or without mods. So posting "The Paladin (Ordinator Edition)" and "The Paladin (Unmodded)" might let you express them both a bit more. 

Either way, hope to see you around mate, and if you have any questions or would like help at any point I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have (or just chat about building, if you can't tell it's something I love talking about :D)

EDIT: Ooooh quick question to end this off. What mods do you tend to focus on? Love talking Skyrim mods and I've been trying to figure out the Fallout 4 modding scene for ages now (if that's the game your focusing on there, 3 and NV are just as good IMO). 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at October 24, 2018 12:20 AM EDT
    • 694 posts
    October 24, 2018 12:28 AM EDT

Welcome to the community, DarthReaper! Always really glad to see a lurker join and I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying the builds here and that you're considering contributing your own. :D I second DB's question about mods. What are your favorite, must-have mods?

As far as navigating the community goes, if you're not quite sure where to find something, please don't hesitate to give me or one of the other admins or hosts a shout. We're a friendly bunch. :) Sending you a FR now.

Welcome aboard!

• 2 posts
    October 24, 2018 12:32 PM EDT

For those curious the mods I tend to use in Skyrim(I haven't started modding falllout 4 right now) a lot are weapon and armor mods since a lot of the weapons in the game get boring to look at and there isn't as many cool armor sets that I like. 

I also prefer mods that make being a vampire or werewolf more interesting so Sacrosanct or (Better Vampires),and moonlight tales is a must. 

Imperious,Ordinator,and the Apocalypse Magic mod are a must as well.

• 1467 posts
    October 24, 2018 7:17 PM EDT

For those curious the mods I tend to use in Skyrim(I haven't started modding falllout 4 right now) a lot are weapon and armor mods since a lot of the weapons in the game get boring to look at and there isn't as many cool armor sets that I like. 

I also prefer mods that make being a vampire or werewolf more interesting so Sacrosanct or (Better Vampires),and moonlight tales is a must. 

Imperious,Ordinator,and the Apocalypse Magic mod are a must as well.

Sounds like just about the definite list for Skyrim: SE (with Oldrim you can justify a few other choices like Skyrim Redone or Requiem). I'm still trying to get properly into a playthrough that focuses on Sacrosanct/Moonlight Tales, I really enjoy the take most of the bigger mods take on Vampires and Werewolves, just haven't had the time to play with them properly.

If you want, I'd definitely recommend checking out some of the builds in the 'Ordinator' category and check out some of the builds there. We're starting to get a really great collection going, and it'd be great to see if your planning on expanding it :D

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at October 24, 2018 7:17 PM EDT
    • 284 posts
    October 31, 2018 5:44 AM EDT

Hey Reaper. Welcome to the Site. Looking forward to your unmodded builds. I have Skyrim on PC and on my PS4 so it will be fun to play them on the PS when I can't reach my PC. I hope you have a lot of fun here.