Forums » The Lounge

Send us your ideas!

• 694 posts
    September 25, 2018 12:55 PM EDT

Got an idea or suggestion for a new feature, group or event you'd like to see? Let us know here! 

• 122 posts
    September 26, 2018 1:21 AM EDT

Uhhh, if a Redguard/Hammerfell build event, lore event, or Roleplay event hasn’t been done in a while, that might be a lot of fun.

Could also do someth No similar with Fallout 4 and base building characters.

Halloween is coming up too. Could do something spooky?

Might be fun to see features on videos or streams again, too. Couch Warrior is still doing stuff with Skyrim, I know.

This post was edited by Mercurias at September 26, 2018 1:21 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    September 26, 2018 9:15 PM EDT

Hmmm, so I think what I'd recommmend is probably focusing on small-content rather than the more complex stuff, one of the consistant issues with producing content is just that for most types it can easily take 10+ hours (with Builds easily taking 50+ hours when you combine playtime and writing/research/art/etc.). Just a quick example of what I would probably consider one of (if not the single) most effective pieces of content to be posted on the site recently, is the Mage Grimoire Challenge. While calling it simple or quick wouldn't exactly be correct, it has a structure that greatly benefits from quicker posts, quick 'sections' of gameplay and while I haven't fully been following it, just seeing a new piece of content with 362 replies should be enough to show that it's damn effective at promoting conversation, and from what I've seen some really cool stuff.

Havin that sort of content be a more consistant focus would be great, I don't think it'd be regular, because to be honest that's the sort of thing (churning out Challenges) that would diminish the value/effectiveness of it. I'd struggle with recommending an exact system (or implementing it for that matter) but I think the idea of 'Challenges' is something that could really work in just about any group, a little different for TSC, but still something awesome to experiment with across groups. 

Another cool little piece of content that I've been more or less sorta (not really entirely but kinda?) following has been the ESO Homestead stuff. I know there was some Fallout Base Building as well so I'll rope that into the same category, but I think the key here is that the content is fairly easy to digest...Not exactly easy to pump out or anything (afterall, ESO Houses seem super expensive, especially if you aren't already a high-level player) but it's something that's really easy for people to comment on, like and appreciate. Same thing with Galleries  in the Art Group, but perhaps a little more accessible. Anyway, the point is I think it'd be great to focus on...I guess I think that content that's...I suppose smaller in scale than (as an example) a build or story would be really beneficial, and awesome to interact with.

In Conclusion (because all essays need one :P), I think what I'd like to see is more content that focuses on promoting discussion and interaction rather than the content that an individual is promoting. The Grimoire isn't awesome (only) because of something an individual in that discussion has done (though major props to Vezrabuto), it's awesome because there's a bunch of people having fun and chatting about something.

So that's the sort of thing I'd like to see more of, but you know, wouldn't say no to Spooky Spooky Halloween stuff either :P

Actually, the 27th of September is National Scarf Day so that's almost better than Dancing Skeletons....hmm, scarf-based content would be nice :P

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at September 26, 2018 9:16 PM EDT
    • 1441 posts
    September 27, 2018 11:50 AM EDT
    True, I mean, we had a spoopy Fallout Character Building Event, why not have one for Skyrim. There's plenty of ghouls and ghosts.to take inspiration from.
    • 122 posts
    September 30, 2018 9:38 AM EDT

Jevo’s recent thread gave me an idea. Why not toss in a section of the vault for tabletop games?

One of the things that keeps this site active years after Skyrim and Fallout 4 were released is how much appreciation folks have for the deep lore both series have. There really aren’t many other games out there to rival them in that regard, but if you want lore and something to inspire you to write, then hoo boy would a tabletop ever do that for you.

Classic DND is so,full of lore that I could burn a year’s salary and MIGHT get every relevant book that holds it all (PDFs are cheaper). Ditto the rich world of White Wolf, which is full of rivalries between factions older than time itself, which can extend long after even death takes a person from one world and into another. Pathfinder isn’t quite so robust, and it borrows heavily from DnD in many respects, but it’s little brother, Starfinder, is essentially that fantasy world advanced thousands of years and sent into space like some kind of glorious, mutant Star Wars. City of Mist is a strange sort of dark urban fantasy in which everyone in the city has obtained powers, becoming a strange and fascinating mashup of the noir and superhero genres. Those are literally the tippy top of the iceberg, and a lot of these games have resources a person can find the basics of for free to try them out.

What’s not to like? We’re all nerds here anyway. May as well crack open a Mountain Dew and make it official.

• 1467 posts
    September 30, 2018 8:59 PM EDT

Jevo’s recent thread gave me an idea. Why not toss in a section of the vault for tabletop games?

One of the things that keeps this site active years after Skyrim and Fallout 4 were released is how much appreciation folks have for the deep lore both series have. There really aren’t many other games out there to rival them in that regard, but if you want lore and something to inspire you to write, then hoo boy would a tabletop ever do that for you.

Classic DND is so,full of lore that I could burn a year’s salary and MIGHT get every relevant book that holds it all (PDFs are cheaper). Ditto the rich world of White Wolf, which is full of rivalries between factions older than time itself, which can extend long after even death takes a person from one world and into another. Pathfinder isn’t quite so robust, and it borrows heavily from DnD in many respects, but it’s little brother, Starfinder, is essentially that fantasy world advanced thousands of years and sent into space like some kind of glorious, mutant Star Wars. City of Mist is a strange sort of dark urban fantasy in which everyone in the city has obtained powers, becoming a strange and fascinating mashup of the noir and superhero genres. Those are literally the tippy top of the iceberg, and a lot of these games have resources a person can find the basics of for free to try them out.

What’s not to like? We’re all nerds here anyway. May as well crack open a Mountain Dew and make it official.

I'm not going to disagree (I'd love it if we had a group specifically for Tabletop Games) but we do have the RPG Group which is technically the place to go for that content. Still would definitely like for Tabletop Games to be a full group.

• 167 posts
    October 1, 2018 3:54 PM EDT

Sup, I 'd like to promote the idea of a TamrielVault discord server I think we don't have one. It is an easy tool  for voice communication (and written but that is secondary here), cooperation and the sharing of ideas.

This post was edited by Duvain at October 1, 2018 3:55 PM EDT
    • 295 posts
    October 1, 2018 7:03 PM EDT

A chat of some type. Whether we impliment one on site or follow Duvain's suggestion and go off-site, some form of real time communication would be great. 

Themed months. Like dunno, dragon month or Argonian month. Multiple groups can have events that cater to that theme. 

Build up settlement showcases in Fallout Hub.

Yeah, Grimoire is pretty fun. This goes along the lines of maybe a Dead is Dead thread or a Survival thread like that in Fallout. 

• 393 posts
    October 1, 2018 7:19 PM EDT

The Long-Chapper said:

Themed months. Like dunno, dragon month or Argonian month. Multiple groups can have events that cater to that theme. 

This whould be cool.

The Long-Chapper said:

Yeah, Grimoire is pretty fun. This goes along the lines of maybe a Dead is Dead thread or a Survival thread like that in Fallout. 

Hall of the Dead?))))

• 1467 posts
    October 1, 2018 7:53 PM EDT

Sup, I 'd like to promote the idea of a TamrielVault discord server I think we don't have one. It is an easy tool  for voice communication (and written but that is secondary here), cooperation and the sharing of ideas.

A chat of some type. Whether we impliment one on site or follow Duvain's suggestion and go off-site, some form of real time communication would be great. 

I would definitely third this, I know in the past the idea has been that we'd implement the on-site chat but I think at this point we're better off with Discord (which, most notably is 100% free) then anything we can get on-site...

• 627 posts
    October 2, 2018 12:01 AM EDT

Guys, stop suggesting it since it'll never happen, we're testing it. And I will say no more on the subject :P

• 1467 posts
    October 2, 2018 12:15 AM EDT

Guys, stop suggesting it since it'll never happen, we're testing it. And I will say no more on the subject :P

Ah, you caught me there :P Was already planning my big rant thingy 'bout how great it'd be. Well maybe a small rant, probably only 300 words, instead I will use those 300 words on this essay I need to write... 

• 321 posts
    October 2, 2018 1:00 AM EDT
    So I had this idea for TSC... Back in the old Ning days, there was a sort story which was written by a group of writers. Each writer took turns writing a chapter and see how far they could go. The story had no plot, as far as I was aware off, and it basically served as a way for writers to test how creative they could be. I hope we can have something like that back in TSC except with more people involve.