Forums » Elder Scrolls

Q&A For Troubled Experienced Players: Skyrim

• September 7, 2018 1:46 PM EDT
    Hey guys! I’m making this post as a follow-up to my Q&A For Starters: Skyrim, in which I would only answer questions from people jut starting the game. In this thread of post I will answer questions from experienced players having trouble on a quest or just trouble in general. I know first hand how frustrating it can be to be stuck on a puzzle, quest step, or item location like in the “No Stone Unturned” quest. I have been playing this game for 7 years now and I have acquired quite the lot of knowledge about the game. I have decided that it’s about time that I give back to the community and help give people the seven years of fun that this game gave to me and give other people the same experience I was so lucky to have! Enjoy!
    • 33 posts
    September 18, 2018 12:26 PM EDT

The problem with this is that experienced players have probably already figured out how to maneuver the wiki or have gotten so used to finding out stuff by themselves they don't really need a specialized Q&A. But I'll bite: which weapon deals the most DPS, mace, war axe, or sword? And which specific one? (let's not count enchantments, smithing, and have a level 100 One Handed skill with no perks for simplicity's sake).

• 70 posts
    September 18, 2018 1:29 PM EDT
    Exaxtly and we have the build help group
  • September 19, 2018 7:40 AM EDT
    tirrene said:

The problem with this is that experienced players have probably already figured out how to maneuver the wiki or have gotten so used to finding out stuff by themselves they don't really need a specialized Q&A. But I'll bite: which weapon deals the most DPS, mace, war axe, or sword? And which specific one? (let's not count enchantments, smithing, and have a level 100 One Handed skill with no perks for simplicity's sake).

Well if we’re talking just one handed and only smithable weapons to my surprise, when I first got dragonbone weapons it was the dragonbone mace with a base damage of 22 without enchantments and improvements.
    • 33 posts
    September 19, 2018 8:43 AM EDT

CaptainKahjiitKid said:  Well if we’re talking just one handed and only smithable weapons to my surprise, when I first got dragonbone weapons it was the dragonbone mace with a base damage of 22 without enchantments and improvements.

Not raw damage, DPS. As in, damage per second. Do daggers and swords overtake maces' output through sheer hitting speed? Do axes have the best combination? Is it actually magick (nah)?

• September 19, 2018 9:06 AM EDT
    tirrene said:

CaptainKahjiitKid said:  Well if we’re talking just one handed and only smithable weapons to my surprise, when I first got dragonbone weapons it was the dragonbone mace with a base damage of 22 without enchantments and improvements.

Not raw damage, DPS. As in, damage per second. Do daggers and swords overtake maces' output through sheer hitting speed? Do axes have the best combination? Is it actually magick (nah)?

Oh in that case it would be the dragonbone sword if my memory severes me correctly