Forums » Elder Scrolls

Creation Club Purchases

    • 82 posts
    September 6, 2018 9:43 PM EDT

     

    I'm sure there are already several discussions about the Creation Club when it first came out, but since I've bought Skyrim: Special Edition I've been curious to know what other people think of it.

     

    What I would like to know in this discussion, is which Skyrim Creation Club 'Mods' have you purchased and why?

    And if you have not bought any of the creations then please state your reasons for that instead.

     

    (image link)


    This post was edited by Loopdiss at September 11, 2018 2:52 AM EDT
    • 194 posts
    September 6, 2018 11:28 PM EDT

    I’ve got a few: the armored mudcrab, arcane accessories, tundra homestead, and survival pack, with survival mode and campsite/backpack thingy. Why I purchased them? In short, I found a nearly decade-old xbox live points card in my husband’s desk with points still loaded, and got those things with free money. Second reason...y’all, I’m not a gamer, and the thought of using user-created mods was a little weird. I wasn’t sure which ones to try, what would make my game crash, etc. I’m sort of old, give me a break. So I thought creation club things might be safer, maybe? Anyway, I got them. As to what do I think...

    The armored mudcrab is pretty damn cute. I’m not a dog person, so I needed another pet, and the crab is cool. On a side note, I may not be a dog person, but I’ve got a heart. I go to Meeko’s cabin every playthrough and bring him to Whiterun and tell him to wait next to the Gildergreen. Lots of people to keep him company. 

    Um, I like arcane accessories. I like that the stuff just appears in your inventory and you don’t have to buy it in-game. Sorry, but that’s cheesy, spending in-game gold and out of game green on the same item. I get replacing them, but getting them in the first place? It’s nice that the first set of robes and arrows and spellbooks is free. And I really like the spells. 

    Tundra homestead is fine. But like so many player homes, I don’t get why there are so many display cases. I hate those things. 

    I like survival mode. Not being able to fast travel is tedious as hell, but otherwise it’s fun. The campsite-maker’s fun. The backpack is...well, I guess it’s fine. It adds carrying capacity on top of other apparel and jewelry and stuff, so that’s nice. I just expected more interaction, I guess? I don’t know. 

     

    And yes, I know, you guys. There are mods out there that are way better than all these things. But at the time I bought them, like I said, I was a little paranoid about actual mods. 

    • 82 posts
    September 6, 2018 11:49 PM EDT

    ilanisilver said:

    I’ve got a few: the armored mudcrab, arcane accessories, tundra homestead, and survival pack, with survival mode and campsite/backpack thingy. Why I purchased them? In short, I found a nearly decade-old xbox live points card in my husband’s desk with points still loaded, and got those things with free money. Second reason...y’all, I’m not a gamer, and the thought of using user-created mods was a little weird. I wasn’t sure which ones to try, what would make my game crash, etc. I’m sort of old, give me a break. So I thought creation club things might be safer, maybe? Anyway, I got them. As to what do I think...

    The armored mudcrab is pretty damn cute. I’m not a dog person, so I needed another pet, and the crab is cool. On a side note, I may not be a dog person, but I’ve got a heart. I go to Meeko’s cabin every playthrough and bring him to Whiterun and tell him to wait next to the Gildergreen. Lots of people to keep him company. 

    Um, I like arcane accessories. I like that the stuff just appears in your inventory and you don’t have to buy it in-game. Sorry, but that’s cheesy, spending in-game gold and out of game green on the same item. I get replacing them, but getting them in the first place? It’s nice that the first set of robes and arrows and spellbooks is free. And I really like the spells. 

    Tundra homestead is fine. But like so many player homes, I don’t get why there are so many display cases. I hate those things. 

    I like survival mode. Not being able to fast travel is tedious as hell, but otherwise it’s fun. The campsite-maker’s fun. The backpack is...well, I guess it’s fine. It adds carrying capacity on top of other apparel and jewelry and stuff, so that’s nice. I just expected more interaction, I guess? I don’t know. 

     

    And yes, I know, you guys. There are mods out there that are way better than all these things. But at the time I bought them, like I said, I was a little paranoid about actual mods. 

    Thank you for your response, ilanisilver!

    That part about taking Meeko to Whiterun is heartwarming.

    I agree with you about Arcane Accessaries, and while I think the robes are, meh, I do really like the new spells.

    I also agree with you on display cases. Weapon racks I'm fine with, display cases? Nah. They don't even work right a good amount of the time.

    It's probably not a bad idea to be a little paranoid about 'unofficial mods', I recently just had quite a bit of trouble trying to figure out which mod was causing my character to not be able to use any crafting stations. (btw, if anyone else is having that problem, disabling "Kill Anyone" fixed the problem for me)


    This post was edited by Loopdiss at September 6, 2018 11:50 PM EDT
    • 194 posts
    September 7, 2018 12:47 AM EDT
    Right?? I tried to find out for a while if I was using them wrong. Even in the Heathfire homes, everything I put in the display cases ended up on the floor next time I came in the house.


    What I’m really wondering is how they choose those who participate. I read on Enai Siaion’s page that he tried to get products in the creation club and was always denied. And I know nothing about coding or programming. Absolutely nothing. But that seems crazy, somehow, when you compare the quality of what you get.
    • 82 posts
    September 7, 2018 3:59 AM EDT

    Really? I always thought that Enai was one of, if not the best modder out there. I was thinking it would be a good idea for Bethesda to get them to at least do the perk system for TES VI, if not a much larger part of the game.

    • 1430 posts
    September 7, 2018 6:06 AM EDT

    Heh, not going to catch me with this :P I could rant for hours about the Creation Club, but honestly it seems like Bethesda is going out of their way to make Skyrim's (I kinda like Fallout 4's CC) Creation Club as poor as possible, it's weird but they really just don't seem to be pushing for creative, or even intersting content through the system. I mean, I'd straight up pay for Ordinator, like $5 easily, and yeah the amount of effort that Enai Siaion's put into that is immense, but if a modder were willing (and they are, or at least were at some point) to put that much effort into a piece of content for CC, I'd buy it.

    It's just a shame that there hasn't been more effort put into the content from Creation Club, because they've got no excuse when PS4 modders have created content that's insanely good in comparison (and those poor buggers don't have the same freedom as Creation Club creators). 

     

    But I do have to chuckle at the sheer amount of alliteration I've had to pour into this just for things to make sense :P C's everywhere.

    • 82 posts
    September 7, 2018 6:34 AM EDT

    Dragonborn2021 said:

    Heh, not going to catch me with this :P I could rant for hours about the Creation Club, but honestly it seems like Bethesda is going out of their way to make Skyrim's (I kinda like Fallout 4's CC) Creation Club as poor as possible, it's weird but they really just don't seem to be pushing for creative, or even intersting content through the system. I mean, I'd straight up pay for Ordinator, like $5 easily, and yeah the amount of effort that Enai Siaion's put into that is immense, but if a modder were willing (and they are, or at least were at some point) to put that much effort into a piece of content for CC, I'd buy it.

    It's just a shame that there hasn't been more effort put into the content from Creation Club, because they've got no excuse when PS4 modders have created content that's insanely good in comparison (and those poor buggers don't have the same freedom as Creation Club creators). 

     

    But I do have to chuckle at the sheer amount of alliteration I've had to pour into this just for things to make sense :P C's everywhere.

    Oh by all means, go ahead and rant if you like, I'm just glad anybody's responding to this post. (I'm hoping that didn't come out wrong)

    While I've not seen anything from Fallout 4's CC (because I haven't looked), I have heard that it is better than Skyrim's, which to me, is unfortunate. From what I've seen it looks like there was actually quite a bit of effort put into the two house mods, but like you said they hardly compare to the amount of work put into a mod like Siaion's.

     

    *googles alliteration* Well, thank you for your alliteration and response.

    • 82 posts
    September 7, 2018 10:21 PM EDT

     

    Here are my CC purchases. I got the Adventurer's Backpack, Nix Hound and Shadowrend in a bundle, and the Divine Crusader and Chrysamere came in a bundle as well.

     

    As for why I got each of them, I’ll just go over them all quickly.



    Arcane Accessories: Bethesda gave me 100 credits, this mod cost 100 credits, so why not. I do quite like it though and I use the spells very often.

    Arcane Archer Pack: Wanted the arrows for an arcane archer character.

    Divine Crusader and Chrysamere: I had credits left over after getting the aforementioned arrow mod, so I used the rest to get this bundle.

    Dwarven Armored Mudcrab: Free.

    Adventurer’s Backpack: My brother really likes this one and I thought it looked pretty nice.

    Nix-Hound: Don’t much care for it, but it came with a bundle.

    Shadowrend: Looks real cool and edgy, and it may just help with the roleplay of a future character.

    Rare Curios: Used last 100 credits cause EpicNate said it was good.



    Overall I don’t mind the Creation Club that much, I think it’s good for players who don’t want to install mods but still want something to spice up Skyrim, or players like me who use both.

    And while I don’t know all the details, it seems Bethesda held up their word that the CC is not “paid mods”, to me it just seems more like extra content that you can get if you want to.

    And while some of the CC content is undeniably crappy, some of it is worthwhile in my oh so humble opinion.


    This post was edited by Loopdiss at September 18, 2018 8:46 AM EDT
    • 1437 posts
    September 8, 2018 10:31 AM EDT

    While Skyrim's CC hasn't had as much good content as Fallout's, I'm just glad my fellow PS4 players have got SOMETHING, especially with people like Elianora working on stuff. But as a PC player as well, I'm glad I got mods

    • 82 posts
    September 9, 2018 1:28 AM EDT

    Chris said:

    While Skyrim's CC hasn't had as much good content as Fallout's, I'm just glad my fellow PS4 players have got SOMETHING, especially with people like Elianora working on stuff. But as a PC player as well, I'm glad I got mods

    Agreed.

    • 294 posts
    September 10, 2018 7:23 AM EDT

    Well, considering that I'm having huge bug problems with PS4 + Autosaves + mods, Creation Club for both games is the way I need to go until I can do a complete purge of my system. But, every Wednesday or Thursday, CC content is often offered at a discount, so that's when I pick up MOAR FREE STUFFS. Also, sometimes I get PS4 credits from friends and my fiance. 

    For Skyrim I have Tundra Homestead, Myrwatch (yay gifts from people who love me!), arcane accessories, the mudcrab (he's sooo cute), the nix hound, Survival mode, the backpack, and I'm pretty tempted to pickup the curio collection and the arrows. Yeah, Urag can use those sweet, sweet arrows. I do stay away from the stuff that looks too cheesy though, which are most of the armor sets, but that's just my opinion. 

    I have more for Fallout because they tend to discount more. For free, I have most of the skins for armor, weapons, pipboys and power armor, the handmade shotgun (fun as heck weapon), the dog changer, golden retriever, black lab, the space suit, the arcade set. For heavy discounts, I have all three player homes/workshop sets, Slocum Joe's. Can I say that the Noir Apartment is gorgeous and a really good option for a non-local leader playthrough. Yum yum is very happy now.

     

    Hey? Why not? Yeah, I'm paying for some things, but considering how many hours I've gotten out of Skyrim and Fallout, I think I can pay a bit for content, and guess what? I can have some fun content and my game doesn't screw up on me. There was a point where the bug was so bad that I just lost several playthroughs, playthroughs for builds (Advanced Survival playthrough, in the 40s, yes, cry with me), and I thought I wasn't going to be able to play anymore. The bug doesn't effect everyone, I just got it bad. And the only fix is to delete your whole ps4 or just play without autosaves and mods, which kills Fallout 4 Survival, which is all autosaves. If I could play on PC with mods, I would, but I'm liking the convenience of PS4 right now and I can now get more affordable PC systems and just use it for work. I know,  but with work a full time thing and school on top of work, I really only have time to casually play during the week and on the weekends, so for me, it's better to just fire up the PS4 and just go. On PC, I'd spend half the time messing with mods.

    I've turned into a happy console pleb, yes. 

    • 77 posts
    September 10, 2018 1:23 PM EDT

    I only play on PS4 so my mods are very limited, but the few times i've ventured into the CC I said to myself, why would I buy this, most of it I wouldn't even download if it was free, like the mudcrab.  The only thing that has appealed to me is the survival mode but honestly that should have been packaged for free with Skyrim SE not put behind a paywall.  

    I have had a lot of fun with the free mods, many of which are far better than anything in CC, both in form and function.  I havn't experianced any bugs, fingures crossed.  Sadly the mods that people would gladly pay money for will never come to the CC, looking at you ordinator and moonlight tales.

    • 294 posts
    September 10, 2018 3:19 PM EDT
    I’m gonna point out that Survival mode was offered free of charge on all three platforms its first week of release with plenty of advertising. If you didn’t download it then, then is that really Bethesda’s fault? I downloaded it free on PC because I took advantage of the offer and yes, I paid for it on PS4 because I understood that I had missed the deadline. A lot of this content can be obtained either free or heavily discounted if you pay attention to your menu. Changes usually on Tuesday but recently they’ve shifted to Wednesday or Thursday after the extended sale during I think E3.

    I’m sorry, it wasn’t put behind an unfair paywall and I’m tired of the argument. It was offered free and people didn’t take the offer. That’s business and frankly, whether we like it or not, the future of gameplay content. I’m not saying I even like it, but I’m adapting to it. Bethesda is counting and counting quite successfully that we’ll make the adjustment. I have theorized long ago that modding will indeed head towards paid content controlled by the developer. Bethesda’s actions are sound business, for them.
    • 77 posts
    September 10, 2018 4:12 PM EDT

    I wasn't aware that survival was free for a limited time that's on me then, but I havn't played in months, any game not just skyrim. I only recently went into the CC the last couple weeks, but survival was added for free to FO4, just showed up in my menu, so that's why I felt they could have done the same for Skyrim just make it a part of the game.  And functionally it is a paywall they front loaded all that stuff onto my system already then they put a wall around it and said that the only way I can access it is if I pay more. Doesn't seem right to me but maybe I'm in the minority.  

    For the record i have no problem with paid mods in fact I'm for it and stated that I would gladly pay for mods, even for ones that I already have for free.  My arguement is that I don't think anything in the CC is worth the money they are asking and that the kind of mods I would be willing to pay for are not offered in the CC.

    • 294 posts
    September 10, 2018 5:35 PM EDT
    I don’t disagree, I’m just saying it’s the way things will be in the future. Which is sad but business. Our job as consumers is to be prepared and know how to “work the new system” so to say.

    And, you are on PS4? I’m there too!! We need more for Fallout 76. It’s already a nice group. Me, Deebs, Motty, and Delta.
    • 82 posts
    September 11, 2018 2:40 AM EDT

    ...I'm trying to figure out why I didn't get any notifications saying people posted on my topic. :/

    • 82 posts
    September 11, 2018 2:42 AM EDT

    Vargr White-Tree said:

    For the record i have no problem with paid mods in fact I'm for it and stated that I would gladly pay for mods, even for ones that I already have for free.  My arguement is that I don't think anything in the CC is worth the money they are asking and that the kind of mods I would be willing to pay for are not offered in the CC.

    Well said. I agree that the amount of money they are asking for can be ludicrous, but it's worth it for those who have their reasons.

    • 82 posts
    September 11, 2018 2:50 AM EDT

    The Long-Chapper said:

    Well, considering that I'm having huge bug problems with PS4 + Autosaves + mods, Creation Club for both games is the way I need to go until I can do a complete purge of my system. But, every Wednesday or Thursday, CC content is often offered at a discount, so that's when I pick up MOAR FREE STUFFS. Also, sometimes I get PS4 credits from friends and my fiance. 

    For Skyrim I have Tundra Homestead, Myrwatch (yay gifts from people who love me!), arcane accessories, the mudcrab (he's sooo cute), the nix hound, Survival mode, the backpack, and I'm pretty tempted to pickup the curio collection and the arrows. Yeah, Urag can use those sweet, sweet arrows. I do stay away from the stuff that looks too cheesy though, which are most of the armor sets, but that's just my opinion. 

    I have more for Fallout because they tend to discount more. For free, I have most of the skins for armor, weapons, pipboys and power armor, the handmade shotgun (fun as heck weapon), the dog changer, golden retriever, black lab, the space suit, the arcade set. For heavy discounts, I have all three player homes/workshop sets, Slocum Joe's. Can I say that the Noir Apartment is gorgeous and a really good option for a non-local leader playthrough. Yum yum is very happy now.

     

    Hey? Why not? Yeah, I'm paying for some things, but considering how many hours I've gotten out of Skyrim and Fallout, I think I can pay a bit for content, and guess what? I can have some fun content and my game doesn't screw up on me. There was a point where the bug was so bad that I just lost several playthroughs, playthroughs for builds (Advanced Survival playthrough, in the 40s, yes, cry with me), and I thought I wasn't going to be able to play anymore. The bug doesn't effect everyone, I just got it bad. And the only fix is to delete your whole ps4 or just play without autosaves and mods, which kills Fallout 4 Survival, which is all autosaves. If I could play on PC with mods, I would, but I'm liking the convenience of PS4 right now and I can now get more affordable PC systems and just use it for work. I know,  but with work a full time thing and school on top of work, I really only have time to casually play during the week and on the weekends, so for me, it's better to just fire up the PS4 and just go. On PC, I'd spend half the time messing with mods.

    I've turned into a happy console pleb, yes. 

    Moar free stuffs for all.

    Can't blame you for wanting to avoid the armors, while I'm pleased with the Divine Crusader armor the Lord's Mail looks to be complete crap.

    That part about having to have to delete all of your long-time saves physically hurts me. Well, not really but I still would hate that.

    Pfff, whaaaat? Not playing the game and just installing and testing mods on PC? I've, I've never done that...

    • 746 posts
    September 15, 2018 12:34 AM EDT

    I don't buy a thing from microtransactions/paid mods, no matter what. I prefer to keep that small amount of money so I can buy a new game, a proper DLC or just save for an upgrade. It used to be that I would also be willing to buy a season pass for games I like, but I've put a stop to that after Fallout 4.

    For now, I can keep this "policy" - it doesn't look like any decent company requires you to buy into that kind of stuff to have a proper, complete game yet. And we still have a sacred few companies that are extremely fair in their relationship with their consumers, like CD Projekt.

     


    This post was edited by Mr. Edd at September 15, 2018 12:35 AM EDT
    • 82 posts
    September 16, 2018 10:47 PM EDT

    Mr. Edd said:

    I don't buy a thing from microtransactions/paid mods, no matter what. I prefer to keep that small amount of money so I can buy a new game, a proper DLC or just save for an upgrade. It used to be that I would also be willing to buy a season pass for games I like, but I've put a stop to that after Fallout 4.

    For now, I can keep this "policy" - it doesn't look like any decent company requires you to buy into that kind of stuff to have a proper, complete game yet. And we still have a sacred few companies that are extremely fair in their relationship with their consumers, like CD Projekt.

     

    Smart man.

    I do need to stop purchasing smaller items so I can save up for something like TES: VI.

     

    While I would argue with you that there are companies that make pay-to-win games (EA, DICE, etc.), you did say "decent companies", so they don't count.

    I had to look up CD Projekt, but yeah, they seem like a good company.

    • 746 posts
    September 16, 2018 11:58 PM EDT

    Loopdiss said:

    Mr. Edd said:

    I don't buy a thing from microtransactions/paid mods, no matter what. I prefer to keep that small amount of money so I can buy a new game, a proper DLC or just save for an upgrade. It used to be that I would also be willing to buy a season pass for games I like, but I've put a stop to that after Fallout 4.

    For now, I can keep this "policy" - it doesn't look like any decent company requires you to buy into that kind of stuff to have a proper, complete game yet. And we still have a sacred few companies that are extremely fair in their relationship with their consumers, like CD Projekt.

     

    Smart man.

    I do need to stop purchasing smaller items so I can save up for something like TES: VI.

     

    While I would argue with you that there are companies that make pay-to-win games (EA, DICE, etc.), you did say "decent companies", so they don't count.

    I had to look up CD Projekt, but yeah, they seem like a good company.

    I think the last game I bought from EA was Battlefield 4. I really enjoy(ed) Battlefield, and I'm considering buying Battlefield 1 now that its cycle is over and I'm getting tired of PUBG. Other than that, the last "non-casual" game was Dragon Age: Inquisition, and although I really enjoyed the story and the game, I hated that there were lots of what seemed like small, inconsequential quest DLCs - so I haven't bought any of them and haven't even finished the main story with that single proper DLC they made. By the point that was out, my interest had already waned.

    Yeah, CD're the guys behind Witcher and the upcoming Cyberpunk. They are pretty straightforward with their communication, and have excellent business practices. Interestingly, all my favorite companies are now European - especially Eastern European (Creative Assembly, CD Projekt and Larian Studios).

    • 121 posts
    September 17, 2018 9:36 PM EDT

    I'm a big fan of my Skyrim mods, more because it helps me keep the game fresh with new and interesting gameplay than because I need my game's dragons to look like Thomas the tank engine. I'm a sucker for good spell mods, because I always thought the biggest heartbreak of Skyrim's design was a streamlined and functional magic system rather than one bloated with silliness and too many options (Give me back my touch range Destruction spells!). I'm also a big fan of mods that can make archery more interesting in general.

    I'm also a man with a great deal of findness for Oblivion callbacks, because that was my first Elder Scrolls game.

    I've purchased the Arcane Archer bundle (loads of fun, a little OP at lower levels, obnoxious to make the arrows), Arcane Accessories bundle (lame that they dump gear into your bag as well as give you all the spells at once, and I wish it added a single Restoration spell, but otherwise quite nice), Survival/Camping/Backpack bundle (Nice alternative to Frostfall and its spinoffs, which I'd grown a little bored of), Ruin's Edge/Staff of Sheogorath bundle (Nostalgia! Also the bow is legitit really nice to look at), and liked a lot of what I got. 

    I bought Stendarr's Hammer (Don't like the weapon and the quest is dull), Lord's Mail (slightly interesting quest arc interrupted when it could have been fun, quite good stats, but don't like the look), Crusader's Mail (underwhelming stats, looks really bad), Pets of Skyrim (prepare for lots of dead pets!), and Rare Curios (super expensive and really only interesting for a late-game, filthy rich alchemist build) also. Those I don't necessarily recommend.

    Their zombie apocalypse mod seems flat-out terrible. I don't know why anyone would want to add that option to their game permanently. 

    Don't get the Dwarven Armored Mudcrab. It isn't worth it at the price of free. The quest makes me angry by sitting in my list.

    The houses made by Elianora look very nice, but they're more glitchy than those she put up for free in the Nexus (that link is my favorite of hers for SE), and since Bethesda already paid her as a contractor for her work and she's got a Patreon, I can just toss a few bucks at her directly from there.

    I get Bethesda wanting to cash in by providing additional, optional paid content, but I wish they would really push the Creation Club for super high quality stuff. Some of what they put in is downright bad, especially whatever the hell this derpfest is supposed to be, and I find that kind of dissapointing.

    • 82 posts
    September 18, 2018 8:15 AM EDT

    Mr. Edd said:

    Loopdiss said:

    Mr. Edd said:

    I don't buy a thing from microtransactions/paid mods, no matter what. I prefer to keep that small amount of money so I can buy a new game, a proper DLC or just save for an upgrade. It used to be that I would also be willing to buy a season pass for games I like, but I've put a stop to that after Fallout 4.

    For now, I can keep this "policy" - it doesn't look like any decent company requires you to buy into that kind of stuff to have a proper, complete game yet. And we still have a sacred few companies that are extremely fair in their relationship with their consumers, like CD Projekt.

     

    Smart man.

    I do need to stop purchasing smaller items so I can save up for something like TES: VI.

     

    While I would argue with you that there are companies that make pay-to-win games (EA, DICE, etc.), you did say "decent companies", so they don't count.

    I had to look up CD Projekt, but yeah, they seem like a good company.

    I think the last game I bought from EA was Battlefield 4. I really enjoy(ed) Battlefield, and I'm considering buying Battlefield 1 now that its cycle is over and I'm getting tired of PUBG. Other than that, the last "non-casual" game was Dragon Age: Inquisition, and although I really enjoyed the story and the game, I hated that there were lots of what seemed like small, inconsequential quest DLCs - so I haven't bought any of them and haven't even finished the main story with that single proper DLC they made. By the point that was out, my interest had already waned.

    Yeah, CD're the guys behind Witcher and the upcoming Cyberpunk. They are pretty straightforward with their communication, and have excellent business practices. Interestingly, all my favorite companies are now European - especially Eastern European (Creative Assembly, CD Projekt and Larian Studios).

    Oof, PUBG, that, that glitch-fest of game.

    I'm sure my brother is quite fond of CD, he's a sucker for the Witcher games.

    • 82 posts
    September 18, 2018 8:45 AM EDT

    Mercurias said:

    I'm a big fan of my Skyrim mods, more because it helps me keep the game fresh with new and interesting gameplay than because I need my game's dragons to look like Thomas the tank engine. I'm a sucker for good spell mods, because I always thought the biggest heartbreak of Skyrim's design was a streamlined and functional magic system rather than one bloated with silliness and too many options (Give me back my touch range Destruction spells!). I'm also a big fan of mods that can make archery more interesting in general.

    I'm also a man with a great deal of findness for Oblivion callbacks, because that was my first Elder Scrolls game.

    I've purchased the Arcane Archer bundle (loads of fun, a little OP at lower levels, obnoxious to make the arrows), Arcane Accessories bundle (lame that they dump gear into your bag as well as give you all the spells at once, and I wish it added a single Restoration spell, but otherwise quite nice), Survival/Camping/Backpack bundle (Nice alternative to Frostfall and its spinoffs, which I'd grown a little bored of), Ruin's Edge/Staff of Sheogorath bundle (Nostalgia! Also the bow is legitit really nice to look at), and liked a lot of what I got. 

    I bought Stendarr's Hammer (Don't like the weapon and the quest is dull), Lord's Mail (slightly interesting quest arc interrupted when it could have been fun, quite good stats, but don't like the look), Crusader's Mail (underwhelming stats, looks really bad), Pets of Skyrim (prepare for lots of dead pets!), and Rare Curios (super expensive and really only interesting for a late-game, filthy rich alchemist build) also. Those I don't necessarily recommend.

    Their zombie apocalypse mod seems flat-out terrible. I don't know why anyone would want to add that option to their game permanently. 

    Don't get the Dwarven Armored Mudcrab. It isn't worth it at the price of free. The quest makes me angry by sitting in my list.

    The houses made by Elianora look very nice, but they're more glitchy than those she put up for free in the Nexus (that link is my favorite of hers for SE), and since Bethesda already paid her as a contractor for her work and she's got a Patreon, I can just toss a few bucks at her directly from there.

    I get Bethesda wanting to cash in by providing additional, optional paid content, but I wish they would really push the Creation Club for super high quality stuff. Some of what they put in is downright bad, especially whatever the hell this derpfest is supposed to be, and I find that kind of dissapointing.

    Ah yes, Really Useful Dragons, the OG crap mod. Touch spells never really did it for me, but that archer mod may just be something that I needed that I didn't know I needed.

     

    I'm pretty annoyed that they dump anything into your inventory and quest log at all. I get that some people like the convenience, but my (just an example) super-edgy werewolf-overlord character doesn't want to purchase a dwarven mudcrab from Calcemo or have robes materialize in his inventory.

    I don't think the Crusader's Armor and weapons look that bad. I feel as though they are very reminiscent of the originals in Oblivion.

    Now the zombie one does seem like a waste of money. What's sad is the description of the mod actually seemed pretty cool to me, but tis' not so.

    Oh c'mon, the mubcrabs' free. And it's not all that bad.

    While I never paid much attention to the CC when it first came out, I certainly would have expected more than a few mini mods that have as much value as the cosmetics in ESO (or maybe even less so since it's a single-player game). It seems when it was announced everyone was expecting things similar to Dawnguard, Ordinator, etc. But instead got single pieces of armor and weapons all sold separately, and as you said, that really ugly Nix-Hound.