Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hail & Well Met!

• 12 posts
    August 10, 2018 7:46 PM EDT

Sooo, 

Likely like most of these posts, I'm also apart of the "Lurker" tribe and finally pressed that JOIN button, as well, there was a neat contest going on that I just had to try my luck in!

It's very nice to meet you all! I have actually spent a fair bit of time exploring the forums and posts that I could see, mainly the Elder Scrolls Ones. But Fallout got my love as well.

Anyway, Hello Lovelies that have come to read this, my name is Rivy. Welcome to my Introductiopn!

I am a Hobby Writer as Well as an avid Roleplayer ontop of a few other select things!

In terms of my Roleplay History, I have been roleplaying since I learned how to be creative at a young age, at this time it would of been labeled 'talking to myself.' Moreso, I learned to create stories, worlds and characters at that age, which leads me later into learning the definition of what this all meant and thus; Roleplay. I have Roleplayed on many formats, whether it was forums, good ol' AOL or even.. dare I say it.. MSN Messenger. Chatrooms were my start to my roleplaying career as well as MUDs, so I would depend a lot on imagination to make an image of the character I was interacting with - along that time, I also got heavily into gaming.

Speaking of Gaming, I have played every Elder Scrolls game to date, from TES:Arena to TESO. Which leads to another story, the creation of my two pride and joys, Cyethrillion (Cyeline) and Jocilyn. Cyethrillion being a Bosmeri Elf, and Jocilyn my sweet Breton. Jocilyn was 'born' before Cyeline, in terms of my brain creating who they are. Cyeline came around when I played TES:Morrowind, but I had a rough idea of who I wanted her to be (Fun Fact: I was not even 10 when I formed these two characters! Meaning I was a little bean sprout when I first started playing Video Games and Gaming!) But they weren't my only series of games, I also played Mabinogi, Neverwinter, World of Warcraft, The Fallout Series... the list goes on.

Several years later, my girls stuck; and have been characters I have played with and as ever since! Sure, their stories may have changed, as alas, they are not immortal. But their lives are not very much different than when they were first created. 

Storytelling if I must be honest is my passion, and my love in life, which makes me happy that I can create a world with you all.

Now enough about my RolePlaying Career and writing experience; lets get down to the basics of the storyteller behind the machine:

•  My real name is Rebecca
    •  I am 22 years old
    •  I live in the land of Maple Syrup and Moose: Canada!

Just like my Roleplay & Writing Career, my real life can go on for ages, so I'll cut it short. I prefer to let people learn about me as they go, I feel it strengthens the bond if they can learn first hand things about myself, instead of having a list in front of them!

So thats that!

Happy to be here!

- Rivy

This post was edited by KhaosRiivy at August 10, 2018 7:47 PM EDT
    • 197 posts
    August 10, 2018 8:51 PM EDT
    Nice to meet you! I’m still pretty new to the site, about 6 months in. I didn’t start gaming until about 6 years ago, and writing about a year and a half ago. This site has been amazing and I’ve learned a lot. There are so many helpful people here, so any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Welcome!
    • 12 posts
    August 10, 2018 9:03 PM EDT

ilanisilver said: Nice to meet you! I’m still pretty new to the site, about 6 months in. I didn’t start gaming until about 6 years ago, and writing about a year and a half ago. This site has been amazing and I’ve learned a lot. There are so many helpful people here, so any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Welcome!

Thank you!

I look forward to participating more!

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 10, 2018 9:05 PM EDT

Glad we're getting new members. Welcome! Hopefully you can be as active as the usual crowd that hangs around here, we're all getting awfully old, lol.

• 77 posts
    August 11, 2018 1:04 AM EDT
    Welcome, you're certainly in the right place. Sounds like the role playing forums and the story corner are perfect for you. Should you need any help give me a shout, I'll be more than happy to help :)
    • 585 posts
    August 11, 2018 5:33 AM EDT

Hey Rebecca, welcome to the site!

Glad to see another avid roleplayer and writer here, we can never get enough of such a winning combination. If you haven't, I'd definitely recommend checking out The Story Corner to share the tales of Cyeline and Jocilyn, I'm sure after all this time their stories must be full of interesting exploits and stories to tell. And the Roleplaying Group for all your RP needs. I'd be interested to see your two characters in more detail, in Profile form if possible. The QJIR in Roleplaying has all the links you need to start if you want, as well as useful RP links.

• 1595 posts
    August 11, 2018 5:44 AM EDT

Hi Rivy, welcome to you :) Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and for getting stuck into the Hists and Howls event. It's always good to see screenshots of that which inspires others or the characters they're passionate about, so seeing your Argonian, Bubilyn, was a delight. Helluvah name, too!

We've got lots of tutorials dotted around if you ever want to do anything but aren't sure how. Likewise, if you ever need any help please don't hesitate to ask :)

• 70 posts
    August 13, 2018 2:31 AM EDT

Great Introduction, Im happy to see a new Face arround here with the same Interest as Myself :D 

• 694 posts
    August 14, 2018 10:11 AM EDT

Just catching this post! Welcome again to the site, Rivy! We're certainly glad you decided to join us. As you can see, we're a pretty friendly bunch around here. If you need anything you can just holler in literally any direction. xD But feel free to reach out to me if you ever have any questions or help navigating the site. Welcome aboard! :D

• 367 posts
    August 14, 2018 1:49 PM EDT

Awwwoooo KhaosRiivy and welcome to T.V.

No need to concern yourself, it's a friendly howl.

I'm Sotek, Argonian, Werewolf, and a host of a friendly pack of hounds in T.S.C. The Story Corner. It souds liek you came a long way with your girls, Cyethrillion and Jocilyn. As for Sotek, he started out in Seyda Neen in Morrowind a fair few years ago. I didn't start writing about him though until December 2012. Why don't you come and join us in T.S.C.? We'd love to hear about Cyethrillion and Jocilyn's travels and adventures... We're a friendly pack and new members are always welcome.

Here's a link in case you are interested.

The Story Corner

I hope to see you there...

Sotek Loyal Hound of Hircine

• 12 posts
    August 14, 2018 8:43 PM EDT

Thank you for the greetings everyone, it didn't notify me with everyone's message, so let me fix that and address your comments! 

Mr. Edd - I plan to be as active as possible, I am a forum lurker and often spend my time browsing them, and generally will always show up on the online bar, you'll all get sick of seeing my face constantly, I assure you! Thank you for the welcome!

Meli - I most definately will be lingering in those areas, and have read through them quite activity even before I joined the site initially. But yes, likely will start tossing up my written works and meeting my fellowe RPers in the next coming days! Thank you for your Welcome

Zonnon - Thank you for all those links, it is very appreciated. I plan to throw my girls at all of you soon! Thank you for the Welcome!

Paws - Hiya there! Thank you for your welcome, it was a delight to join in on the Contest. Bubilyn is inspired after my friend, so, it's a mix of their PVP characters name and Jocilyn's. It's a long story - but I thought it would make a neat character name! Thank you for the Welcome!

Vezrabuto - Us new folk gotta stick together! Thanks for the Welcome!

Edana - Nice to meet you again! I can certainly tell and I'm happy to be here. Thank you for your welcome!

Sotek - AWOOOOO! Very nice to meet you, I've had a chance to poke and read some stories about your Argonian and their journies, loving it so far! It's nice to meet someone with their own 'old' characters. I shall make sure to fill you in on Jocilyn and Cye's journeys for sure! Thank you for the link! As well, thank you for your welcome and we'll be crossing paths soon!