Forums » Elder Scrolls

Hidden Gem Spotlight's?

• 67 posts
    August 3, 2018 8:35 PM EDT

Just out of curiosity is this still a thing? I have'nt see one in ageeeess lol. Be good to put the spotlight on some of the under represented builds on the site.

• 1467 posts
    August 4, 2018 2:51 AM EDT

I had a post going for about two months asking for volunteer writers and I think the only person who could at the time was Phil and then he got busy. So it's definitely something that I'd like to run still, but it all depeneds on having someone with the time to write them. 

• 67 posts
    August 4, 2018 2:58 AM EDT

How regular would it need to be. And how indepth would the articles need to be. Might be somthing I'd be interested in, if it isn't to time consuming I'd be able to do one every 2 to 3 weeks most of the time, I'd  just need to know a more details before committing, cause I do get busy from time to time with study and work.

• 1467 posts
    August 4, 2018 3:13 AM EDT

Hmm, I'd probably want it to be twice a month at the absolute least...whether it's once every two weeks or one at the start of the month and one at the end wouldn't matter too much, as long as there's two of them. As for detail, not a massive amount, about two paragraphs with an additional standard 'This is what the HGS is, here's a link to the tag where you can find more' sorta thing. Picture that's edited to look nice and have the build name and that'd be it.

Would be awesome if you could mate, it's something I always loved writing back in the day and if we could get them back it'd be really nice :D

• 67 posts
    August 4, 2018 3:29 AM EDT

Hmm. I'll have to think about it. Do you have any links to past HGS so I can get a better picture of the format. I havn't seen one in a few years cause I only jumped back on the site in May. But it would certainly be somthing I'd like to give a try. It's just my schedual can be a bit sporadic at times.... So there might be times where i'd be able to do 1 in a month but then I'll get a bunch spare time where I could do 3 or more.

• 67 posts
    August 4, 2018 4:02 AM EDT

Also one more question. What specific requirements are there for a hidden gem. Does have to be an old build or can it be relatively new? And is this Elder Scrolls Specific or would it encompass the whole vault? Sorry thats like several questions

• 248 posts
    August 5, 2018 10:12 AM EDT

Furrion 17 said:

Also one more question. What specific requirements are there for a hidden gem. Does have to be an old build or can it be relatively new? And is this Elder Scrolls Specific or would it encompass the whole vault? Sorry thats like several questions

This is something we have been doing (not super consistently) in the Fallout CB group (although we do it grouped by tag). But I would say there should be a separate ES version. That's how it used to be too. I really like the idea of bringing them back. Love reading so many I've never even seen!