Forums » General Gaming

No Man's Sky Next: Online Multiplayer

• 248 posts
    July 17, 2018 7:37 PM EDT

Once upon a time, for like 2 weeks (or 12 hours of playing) a few of us around here were really hyped about No Man's Sky. Then, like most of the world we realized the game was really, really incomplete and overpromised. I always hoped HelloGames would lly fudeliver on (most of) their promises. With the Foundation Update, we got closer and I wondered aloud in the forums, "Is No Man's Sky Fixed?" Base building and what-not was ok. But not enough to keep me in game for any significant time or re-vitalize much interest around here. 

But Now:

No Man's Sky Next apparently delivers the online multiplayr/co-op experience many folks desired. 

Does this re-ignite your interest or not?

I for one will definitely be firing it up (again), at least until Fallout 76 is ready for testing. 

• 1441 posts
    July 19, 2018 12:20 AM EDT

I might redownload it

• 248 posts
    July 20, 2018 7:00 PM EDT

Ok I'm actually getting kinda hyped for this. Some highlights in this video for me:

1. Base Building expanded with a mission tree that unlocks new pieces - ability to build anywhere (including underwater).

2. Party's can share inventory easily and there is no limit on how far away you can travel from your party members. 

3. Customizable Player model :)

4. Piece by piece repair mode (so no need to stockpile for that huge repair)

• 277 posts
    July 24, 2018 1:20 AM EDT

I think I'm going to buy it on my next paycheck to see with my own eyes exactly what this game is. 

• 248 posts
    July 26, 2018 3:56 PM EDT

"Paradise Moon" in the Euclid Galaxy. Won't you come join me?