Forums » The Lounge

SPORTS!!!

• 1467 posts
    July 21, 2018 5:10 AM EDT

I'm sorry what? Did you really just say that rugby was a 'type' of football?.. I might need a minute to calm down.

In your defence, League is shite, Union is the only true version of the sport (Sevens is ok though). But cmon, Debbie, I thought you were better than this.

Yeah because we play AFL, Rugby League (which could be different down here...considering it's probably one of the top three sports), Union on a professional level. Then there's the argument between calling the sport Football or Soccer, plus American Football is slowly catching on (not professionally but College-age students).

So we've got 3-5 types of football down here :P And to be fair I enjoy Union and League but my family used to watch more League so it's the only thing I really got involved in (with the whole, cheering for a team thing that people do). Now I just play, watch, coach and learn Basketball...that's sad, but it's better than Cricket so. Well actually I prefer watching everything over Cricket.

• 197 posts
    July 21, 2018 11:24 AM EDT
    MST3K needs to branch out into sports. One of the commentators for the British Open just waxed poetic about the wind changing. Tiger Woods is on screen, and this guy says “the wind has changed a bit. He’s probably feeling it just a little it on his right...cheek.” What? Is this sports, or is he imagining the cover of a romance novel?
    • 1467 posts
    July 29, 2018 8:42 PM EDT

MST3K needs to branch out into sports. One of the commentators for the British Open just waxed poetic about the wind changing. Tiger Woods is on screen, and this guy says “the wind has changed a bit. He’s probably feeling it just a little it on his right...cheek.” What? Is this sports, or is he imagining the cover of a romance novel?

I...guess wind is important to golf? I mean I know it is, but yeah... that's...I don't know, if your really into Golf is the wind something your supposed to care about?

Bah, I give up, that seems strange but then I did read an article (for some reason) detailing how terrible people are for being loud at a golf match.

• 1467 posts
    July 29, 2018 8:47 PM EDT

Man...so, Kawahi Leonard to the Raptors huh? That was...neat. I don't know it just wasn't something I was expecting and to see such a massive trade go down, it was kinda confusing but I think I've properly (finally) adjusted to the trade. I think I like the overall trade, at least for the Raptors who have absolutely pushed themselves into the conversation for getting to conference finals, if not making it to the finals to lose to Golden State. Very interesting change. Uh San Antonia really didn't seem like they've earned much from it. Could be wrong, but yeah, Raptors (and thus I suppose Canada in general) really won out there.

That's all really...Oh I guess my team is doing pretty well at the moment. I coach an Under 19's Basketball team and we've been really working out lately. It's a bit harsh but one of our guys got injured and for whatever reason we're all playing well... Won our first game after the break and that was against the top ranked, undefeated team (to be fair they were missing their best scorer and they were one of those teams that are based entirely around that one guy scoring). Second game was a loss but only by two points and again, one of those teams with one scorer with the problem of him going on an absolute rampage and scoring 9 points in about two minutes.