Forums » Fallout

Fallout 76 - New Enemy List

• 1467 posts
    June 18, 2018 1:10 AM EDT

So essentially I wanted to compile a proper list of any new creatures or enemies that have been shown so far in gameplay trailers. Eventually the idea will be to turn this into a compendium, with the B.E.T.A providing more news, and players being able to provide tips for fighting each type of enemy, or where it's located, but for now it's really just an archive with a brief description.

Note: Some of the pictures are really subpar so if you have a better picture, or have seen one let me know and I'll drop it in instead. Specifically some of the un-named creatures, or 

Fallout 76 - Archive

The Scorchbeast

Appears to be a mutated bird of some description that just so happpens to have mutated into something very similar to a Dragon. Like many of the new creatures that Fallout 76 has revelead, the Scorchbeast is a massive creature, really seems to be fitting into the wider scope of flying enemies that we're going to have to fight, and has one of the most deadly attacks I've seen from a mutated creature in Fallout, with it being able to shoot beams of energy.

The Grafton Monster

Is this hulking set of arms with a body. I imagine it's going to be sort of similar to the Super Mutant Behemoth, at least with the idea that it's going to be an incredibly strong, incredibly rare creature that will be able to absolutely destroy you if you get too close. The size difference between the arms is interesting, makes me think that the smaller, thinner one might be a faster attack, possibly with a spinning move of some sort? Very difficult to tell but we know it's going to be strong.

The Super Sloth

I'm more just glad to have a great image for this one :P But really, it's a Sloth, that went... Super. It's large, and has those interesting mushrooms on it's back which from clips I've seen might have the ability to leak radiation (or poison) which makes this a pretty interesting creature. I don't think it's going to be quite as strong as the Scorhbeast or Grafton Monster, but that ability might be difficult to deal with for melee users.

The Snallygaster/ Snarly Yow?

A...truly fearsome name, but many sources seem to be indicating that this creature may be called the Snallygaster. I haven't seen much gameplay for it so I have no idea what it'll do but the FalloutWikia claims that it's something that spawns only in radiated areas after a nuke-drop, so...I assume it's going to be a different type of powerful enemy. One that's deadly, but more because of it's speed and ability to radiate you (it's bites I would imagine are packed full of Rads).

Mothman?

So...yeah, this thing. Little bug creature, maybe some kind of...hmm nope I've got no idea. Some sites say that this is Mothman, but I've got no real clue. Regardless I kind of like the idea of this being a nocturnal creature that only pops out at night, makes for a more atmospheric time if this thing (and a few of the other creatures) are your 'night terrors'.

The Wendigo?

Not me, but Fallout Wikia calling this a Wendigo. Dunno if I'm just a bit biased from playing Until Dawn so it doesn't really look like what I imagine, but it'd definitely be a cool creature to see in F76. Again I could see this being a purely nocturnal creature, focused on 'sneak attacks' and just popping out of nowhere to give Fallout a different type of horror vibe than even Ghouls. 

Mutant?

So this is another humanoid looking creature, but to me this is far more human than most other creatures we've seen. To me I sort of like the idea of this being a Mutant Crone, or a sort of precursor to the Super Mutant, maybe even a female version? I have no clue what it could be, but to me it looks kind of like a Witch or Crone in some games, maybe the sort that would throw vials of poison that explode...dunno, but it's just some of my early thoughts.

Spiderwasp? Spiderhive?

Urgh, just...the worst looking creature so far IMO. Not in terms of it's actual design, but I'd rather fight the Scorchbeast with my fists then ever come near this disgusting thing. From what I've seen of the gameplay it's main attack involves using the hives on it's back to shoot out bees or wasps, which could be kind of annoying to deal with (making fire a great weapon). Not sure, it could just be shooting out 'spores' of some sort, but it seems like another rather unique creature that does something different than just hit you in the face.

FROG!

So, this is just the concept art for the creature because I absolutely couldn't find a decent screenshot of it, but the idea is that it's a mutated frog or toad with a lot of eyes... 

The White Thing?

Yeah...as you can tell I don't have a good picture for it, but here it is. Literally nothing to report on it other than my absolute terror at this thing. I can imagine it kind of acting like the creatures in The Quiet Place (if you've seen it), basically giant creatures that are insanely fast and can tear across open country and just snatch you up. I mean let's be real, this thing is terrifying and I love the idea of it being an insanely fast monster 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 18, 2018 8:21 AM EDT
    • 773 posts
    June 18, 2018 7:11 AM EDT

Cool thread DB

The creature you've branded 'this thing' is indeed The Mothman, a creature that is embedded into West Virgninian lore

Perhaps the most famous of West Virginia’s mythical creatures, Mothman is tied to a real-life tragedy - the 1967 collapse of the Silver Bridge across the Ohio River, which claimed the lives of 46 drivers. Sightings of Mothman dried up after the disaster, which was considered by some as proof that the two were linked.

Earlier stories about Mothman drew a picture of a humanoid, flying monster with red, glowing eyes. A pair of young couples near the city of Point Pleasant told police that he had ten-foot wings and followed their car, and dozens more claims followed in the weeks afterwards.

What you've called Snally Gaster is another West Virginia folk tale, a creature called the Snarly Yow

The Yow is known for its otherworldly resilience and for lurking along ancient roads. It’s also said to be able to appear from nowhere and disappear instantly, so there’s a game mechanic in the making.

The lower 'this thing' could be a creature known as 'The White Thing'

The White Thing has the legs and tail of a raccoon, the horns of a goat, the wooly coat of a sheep, and the distinct odour of sulphur. You’ll see it in the woods and on the riverbanks, say witnesses, although they’ve also said that is has four eyes and screams. 

There's also something known as the Flatwoods Monster, I'm not sure we've seen it yet

Source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-76/fallout-76-monsters

• 295 posts
    June 18, 2018 7:49 AM EDT

I'm excited to see these creatures. You know (Looking right at Teineeva), there is actually room for a botanist or biologist in many of the groups. Someone who has expertise in the local flora and fauna. Could be cool roleplay in the group. 

Yeah, I'm very stoked about the creatures in 76. I like monsters, but I am also hoping they have more normal animals for hunting and stuff. 

• 1467 posts
    June 18, 2018 8:11 AM EDT

Paul said:

Cool thread DB

The creature you've branded 'this thing' is indeed The Mothman, a creature that is embedded into West Virgninian lore

Perhaps the most famous of West Virginia’s mythical creatures, Mothman is tied to a real-life tragedy - the 1967 collapse of the Silver Bridge across the Ohio River, which claimed the lives of 46 drivers. Sightings of Mothman dried up after the disaster, which was considered by some as proof that the two were linked.

Earlier stories about Mothman drew a picture of a humanoid, flying monster with red, glowing eyes. A pair of young couples near the city of Point Pleasant told police that he had ten-foot wings and followed their car, and dozens more claims followed in the weeks afterwards.

What you've called Snally Gaster is another West Virginia folk tale, a creature called the Snarly Yow

The Yow is known for its otherworldly resilience and for lurking along ancient roads. It’s also said to be able to appear from nowhere and disappear instantly, so there’s a game mechanic in the making.

The lower 'this thing' could be a creature known as 'The White Thing'

The White Thing has the legs and tail of a raccoon, the horns of a goat, the wooly coat of a sheep, and the distinct odour of sulphur. You’ll see it in the woods and on the riverbanks, say witnesses, although they’ve also said that is has four eyes and screams. 

There's also something known as the Flatwoods Monster, I'm not sure we've seen it yet

Source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-76/fallout-76-monsters

Yeah, I think I (more or less) just took what the FalloutWikia was calling things if they didn't have a name. I was pretty much convinced that the first one was Mothman but then again, I'm entirely understanding that Bethesda loves trolling people and it could be something else entirely. But yeah I think I'll move most of that speculation into the thread, I don't know if I read that exact article but it seems pretty similar to most of what I've read. 

• 1467 posts
    June 18, 2018 8:18 AM EDT

I'm excited to see these creatures. You know (Looking right at Teineeva), there is actually room for a botanist or biologist in many of the groups. Someone who has expertise in the local flora and fauna. Could be cool roleplay in the group. 

Yeah, I'm very stoked about the creatures in 76. I like monsters, but I am also hoping they have more normal animals for hunting and stuff.

True, well honestly I'm set as long as I get to hunt Radstag's, love hunting them for some reason (actually my...uh, new, new character is a Hunter) but it'd be nice to see...uh you know stuff that lives in America...specifically West Virginia...Uh, Foxes? Look, I've got no clue, but I'd 1005% be down for more animals to hunt, though the more I think about it the more I kind of want to create a Sniper Character that's designed to try and take down these massive animals. 

OOOOH do you think they'll implement Traps (like...Far Harbor? I think that was the one that added Traps) would love it if they did.

• 321 posts
    June 18, 2018 9:47 AM EDT
    So this is gonna be Monster Hunter: Fallout then?
    • 248 posts
    June 18, 2018 3:10 PM EDT

Wondering if the white thing might be a pseudo / proto ghoul?

• 1467 posts
    June 18, 2018 7:24 PM EDT
    So this is gonna be Monster Hunter: Fallout then?

Pretty much yeah :D

• 1467 posts
    June 18, 2018 7:26 PM EDT
    Wondering if the white thing might be a pseudo / proto ghoul?

The first white thing or The White Thing? Either way, I'm thinking probably not because Ghouls are already confirmed (as The Scorched) but I guess it could be. 

• 14 posts
    July 31, 2018 6:54 PM EDT

I'm betting that the cloaked mutant is based on the Flatwoods Monster in some way. It's not nearly as metallic as the actual cryptid, but the color scheme, small arms, and metal canisters(?) (It might be some sort of gas mask) around its face definitely give off a mysterious and sort of alien vibe to me.

Oh, and the Scorchbeast is DEFINTITELY based on the Cumberland Dragon, which is described as having only two legs, whose feet resemble goose tracks, only larger. It is also said to have a sort of bloodlike misty breath attack that will kill a man if he does not immediately immerse himself in water.

I also would love to see some sort of Wampus Kitty. Maybe some sort of irradiated mountain lion? Don't know.

This post was edited by Xenla at July 31, 2018 7:00 PM EDT